• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DThrow to UpB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnath

Smash Ace
Is following Ike's D-Throw with an Up B a viable tactic for racking up damage?

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
below 30
unless its a heavy character
there's a a lot more you can with bthrow though

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
It all depends on whether your opponent expects it or not. Of course, don't ALWAYS do it. But if you just know for some reason that it's going to hit, sure. Be sure to mix it up, though, so they don't expect it. You can use uair or even a grounded attack if you can bait a wrongly timed air dodge out of your opponent. Just keep mixing it up. Anything that they don't expect (and therefore will hit) is a viable option .
If you DO use Aether, though, don't use it much after 30%. It won't really work.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
It all depends on whether your opponent expects it or not. Of course, don't ALWAYS do it. But if you just know for some reason that it's going to hit, sure. Be sure to mix it up, though, so they don't expect it. You can use uair or even a grounded attack if you can bait a wrongly timed air dodge out of your opponent. Just keep mixing it up. Anything that they don't expect (and therefore will hit) is a viable option .
If you DO use Aether, though, don't use it much after 30%. It won't really work.
well it won't work if you immediately aether but sometimes i like to jump once or twice and catch them in aether way above the ground just because i guess they don't expect me to follow them up high just to use aether.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
well it won't work if you immediately aether but sometimes i like to jump once or twice and catch them in aether way above the ground just because i guess they don't expect me to follow them up high just to use aether.
what a good idea man , this will definatly work on the higher %s when the dthrow sends em way up, but assuming you did chase a opponent after the dthrow and followed up using aether , what att would you use next ? that is when you drag down the opponent with aether.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
what a good idea man , this will definatly work on the higher %s when the dthrow sends em way up, but assuming you did chase a opponent after the dthrow and followed up using aether , what att would you use next ? that is when you drag down the opponent with aether.
i guess it depends how you take them down, like if you land with them and knock them back when you hit the ground or if you fall in front of them and they just fall to the ground with the momentum. because if you land the hit when going down they will recover upright... but if you fall ahead of them they will fall on the ground, unless they tech it. and if they fall to the ground there would be a choice of things to do depending on their reaction of either rolling, standing, or attacking back upright. And if they are upright I'm not sure if you lag to much from aether to attack or shield before they can attack, and then you have to take into account how far the knockback from the ground impact is so yeah. Probably best to go into AAA if they are upright and maybe some shorthop arial if they are laying down... But its all up to the player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom