• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow BD-Tilt Made really easy.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Pretty much all defensive options beat fsmash, and quite a few offensive ones do so as well. Dthrow > fsmash is just a terrible idea in most cases. It just doesn't cover enough options.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Same issue. It doesn't really beat anything. You could say it 'clashes' with all defensive options, but it really loses to most offensive responses.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
dthrow ftilt is too slow

jab is just a fun thing to do sometimes because it can land you an fsmash if your opponent doesnt expect it and it can condition your opponent into shielding or rolling after dthrows which you can then read or w.e

its just for fun

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
But if they attack they WILL get hit by fsmash in most cases just saying. Not saying spam dthrow to fsmash like a noob or anything. I only use it when they are by the edgewhere even if they shield they get knocked of on to the ledge. However when they are onstage i mix it up with SH nair, dair or bite. If they roll away you can do a dash grab. Its just about reading your opponent and punishing any habits they may have out of dthrow. Heck sometimes after dthrow i jump away just to see how they react and punish accordingly once i get the dthrow again.

Also like busy said its for fun :p

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Like give me frame data on a few chars that beat it before fsmash. Fsmash comes out in 8 frames. It takes one frame to turn around but doing a move will add on to that.
I know pit can with his 1 frame fsmash
So can mk *with pretty much anything* But i dont know many others.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
thats what i was saying though, you mostly want to use it when it will put your opponent (snake) off stage because if you do a jab it will likely steal their jump
alternatively you can just wait for them to jump and bair onto stage (they do that) and throw them

edit: also fsmash is bad

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yeah, dthrow to fsmash simply doesn't work.

Dthrow tends to not work in general, jumping or hell, even rolling, away is a safe option for a LOT of characters. Ledge situations make it a bit complicated, but even those tend to not work out in Wario's favor per se. Usually the best thing to go around with is empty SHing. When near the ledge, this covers most if not all defensive options and even a few offensive ones. It should be the way to go IF you want to do it the safe way.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Actually im not sure you can do it on wolf. He can use down b and take no damage at all thanks to the invinciblity frames =(. Tried it on Kain a few times lol didnt work so just cg him xD

Of course your SA makes it so your unaffected as well *you take damage of course*.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Actually im not sure you can do it on wolf. He can use down b and take no damage at all thanks to the invinciblity frames =(. Tried it on Kain a few times lol didnt work so just cg him xD

Of course your SA makes it so your unaffected as well *you take damage of course*.
why would you dtilt on a Wolf when you can CG him to ridiculous percents ?

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
I didn't read any of the posts in this thread, but I'd just like to share that no "rolling" technique of the joystick is necessary, the reason you can't buffer it without such a technique is because you're pressing the joystick down all the way to do a dtilt, but if you only press it down just a tiny bit (there is a tilt spot on the joystick that will never do smashes), then you can turn around and buffer it easily. I can do it almost consistently and I only practiced for like a minute doing this.

Padô

Smash Lord
You can hold de Control Stick down and CStick diagonally downwards to where your opponent is landing to buffer the DTilt also.

Top Bottom