• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow BD-Tilt Made really easy.

Sky`

Smash Lord
I really didn't want to post a thread and keep AAAAAAALLLLL this information for myself. X] But I didn't. And I know you Wario's aren't too happy with me because of my DQ win on Kryszzz but... bare with me.

But I found a really really easy way to do Dthrow BD-Tilt. while I was researching this thingy, I found an easy way to buffer everything.

NOTE: If you are good with rhythm, and you like music games, this will be cake.

Alright. Dthrow. Obviously. But Right when Wario slams them into the ground, Press and Hold the opposite direction. IE, the buffered direction. Now, the buffer comes out about two frames before your opponent hits the floor, when you anticipate this, roll your control stick down and hit the A button. It's a fast roll, remember, it's only a 10 frame window to buffer. It takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it's really simple.

If you have any questions lemme know.

Asa

Smash Hero
wouldn't it be better to get a read off a dthrow than to dtilt?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
wouldn't it be better to get a read off a dthrow than to dtilt?
Its kinda risky knowing that this is guaranteed but hard to do, where as the read would punish harder with a clap or something dealing more damage but you can also miss. I guess its personal preference.

I would rather use Dtilt just because I love under rated moves.

Padô

Smash Lord
Well this was known already, you just noticed a detail that you could use as a reference to buff stuff. You use the character landing as your reference I use the Wario's hand.

I'd suggest you buffering a jab since it's faster and links with a grab or FSmash on heavier characters.

Padô

Smash Lord
except they can shield the jab/hit you before jab comes out
Yea sure, you know... If Snake tries to hit you with FTilt right after the DThrow he will lose because our jab will come out faster. Just use it to punish stupid patterns people have.

Also you can Jab > FSmash Wolf after the CG with the buffered jab if he doens't DI away. ;)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Ok. I don't think a snake or anyone is ever going to expect a Dthrow>buffer'd jab. No wario does this at all..

/Incase some douche bag comes in saying "loooooook i deeeeeeed it in dees video"

OK no wario does it CONSISTENTLY for others to know about it.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
wow, I never thought of it that way.

time to fsmash across the stage, then use waft 20 times in a row immediately after eachother, trip them with the last one, then push them off the stage by walking into them... THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING!
A very small part of me is thinking about calling you sarcastic, but i wouldnt go THAT far.

But yeah, you got the right idea Masky. They wouldnt expect it.

Sky`

Smash Lord
That's not true Lord Chair.

% and Staleness do not matter, just get that Dthrow, and I get it quite frequently. If the Falco Side B's or the marth up B's and I shield it and pivot grab them, they will have lag, I d Throw them, buffer the dash, and then fart. Guaranteed.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
If Marth throws out a non-guaranteed DS he should contemplate his choice very much and consider it silly.

If Falco uses Phantasm from a mile away, same deal. You shouldn't be able to shieldgrab Phantasms.

Sky`

Smash Lord
You don't have to. If you predict where it's going to go you can Pivot grab it. Also if you hit it with the second part of Nair you can snag them on the ground before they get rid of their lag.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Well if you grab someobdy with Lag, like Falco and you CG him, he willk eep the lag till the end.

Padô

Smash Lord
No Chair is completely the opposite. You kinda grab Falco's Head while he's on his weird "getting hit" animation that he flips up, DMG is used to CG Falco by watching when his head is getting into the gab range.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i've actually been playing around with mixing up bufffered turn around jabs and dash grabs and stuff out of dthrow

if they shield then the grab gets them (usually)
if they dont, then jab or if they REALLY suck, jab>fsmash lmao

i also wait for rolls, spotdodges and jumps out of it too

its like a tech chase but notrly

also good info sky

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
its just fun to play around with

ALSO if the dthrow puts them offstage, a buffered turn around jab steals their jump when they try to jump on

this is especially useful vs snake
mostly just snake, but yeah

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
no. almost every character has the advantage on Wario in the mixup if Wario dthrows them onstage, unless if Wario does something that is guaranteed like chaingrab/dtilt
What?
Not really since they had to respect the fact wario can attack right after dthrow with buffered jab, bite, dair, nair or even fsmash since the SA will help with any move that they may throw out. Only really mk is safe from dthrow mindgames but heavy chars are really suspect to dthrow reads. Since their best option is sidestep you can punish that in a number of ways like pivot grab or charged fsmash. If they sheild you can just regrab. Of course doing this sort of thing is risky at times but i usually do it when i have a comfortable lead or or when im just screwing around :p

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
its just fun to play around with

ALSO if the dthrow puts them offstage, a buffered turn around jab steals their jump when they try to jump on

this is especially useful vs snake
mostly just snake, but yeah
yoshi, lucas, ness gonna die, hyes xD

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
nair hits on frame 4 masky

also if you do a buffered turn around jab and they shield it s a power shield so i doubt they have time to do anything faster than that lol

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
What about fsmash? the SA lasts from frame 8-11 but the actual hit starts on frame 9. I know this is easily countered if they shield but if they try to attack you it WILL connect in most cases.

Top Bottom