• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dsmash?

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
The more and more I play as DK the more I notice the I Dsmash much less than I used to. Is this the same with you guys? I keep finding situations where there are more suitable options other than Dsmash but what do you guys think?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I find myself the same, then I play a MK and then I D smash too much

Tujex

Smash Ace
I find myself the same, then I play a MK and then I D smash too much
I was going to agree, and then I realized I'm in his boat. I Dsmash a whole lot when I play MK or someone else who is to fast to hit with Fsmash.

I find I actually DownB more then I Dsmash against some opponents.

Veggi

Smash Champion
For some reason I think down smash is very useful, but I only use it if I think about it. Any chance to use it I would normally replace with down b because I'm used to it. I'm guessing that might not be such a bad thing as long as I just save the down smash for when they're in KO percents. In matches with more than one person I use it all the time though, I should start using it more.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
yeah, it's a good move out of a broken out of cargo grab, i do it sometimes, i kinda use it as a tech chase, or out of dthrow at low percents i think it hits dthrow to dsmash

and yeah, i use it a ton in doubles matches, it's too good, i use it more than i use usmash actually, well, maybe about the same

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
I like to do this at low damage to human beings whom react slower than comps...

Side b....If I can nail that at zero percent, then...

Side b, dsmash, utilt, maybe second utilt, uair, either nair or bair, then chase as they run like hell.

Ninja_Star

Smash Rookie
Yeah Dsmash spam is more when you are just starting a character. You always realize that it is a fast kill move and you try to use it frequently. After you play the character more you learn their moves and you realize you are less dependant on the dsmash.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I like to do this at low damage to human beings whom react slower than comps...

Side b....If I can nail that at zero percent, then...

Side b, dsmash, utilt, maybe second utilt, uair, either nair or bair, then chase as they run like hell.
Side B at low percent the best thing Ive come up with to do is Up B as theyre trapped in the ground, can do like 35%

Top Bottom