• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSmash is winning me matches.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
It just is.

Go onto final destination and walk, then dsmash on your c-stick.
Notice that you slide a considerable amount.

Note that the dsmash hits slightly outside the range of Fox's feet.

This invisible hitbox and his sliding distance is winning me games.

Basically, use your dsmash to knock away people grabbing onto ledges and getting up from them. Abuse the surprise extra range by walking to an opponent on the ledge and dsmashing them before they think they need to react. You're essentially blindsiding a recovering opponent with a smash attack on the edge that they didn't you could hit them with.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
It's also the best edgeguard lead-in, and most reliable roll-behind punisher Fox has. Dsmash is one of my favorite moves.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
im already addicted to Dsmash from playing sheik no forcing this on me :D

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Definitely! Dsmash is pretty great to be honest. I also notice that there is a beautiful
slide that is created by walking to a dsmash. Fox's slide in general is amazing. Can you say PWG?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
jab > dsmash on block. Stupidest frame trap. Ever. Too Good.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by frame trap =D

Can you say it in layman's terms? Like is it good or bad to jab to dsmash? I've really been neglecting the dsmash after playing a Chu's because everyone would powershield my dair to dsmash.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
A frame trap is a common concept in fighting games that gives the blocker a chance to do an attack out of block, but the frame trapper actually still has frame advantage on them (meaning they can try to attack you, but if they do with most attacks you'll counterhit them).

Angof

Smash Rookie
I seem to always forget about DSmash >_<

Personally I blame it on me using USmash so much...

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
A frame trap is a common concept in fighting games that gives the blocker a chance to do an attack out of block, but the frame trapper actually still has frame advantage on them (meaning they can try to attack you, but if they do with most attacks you'll counterhit them).
So what would be the best plan of attack? Spot dodge? Try to attack faster than the blocking opponent?

§witch

Smash Lord
And fox's?
EDIT: frame 6. So, if we account for the minimal sheild stun jab would have, that probably leaves a frame for MK to dsmash, or even he can't do a thing.

Top Bottom