• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dropping Snake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I wanted to believe it...but this character doesn't have an even matchup against MK, and trying to beat top MKs with him is really impractical unless you're somehow just way better than them.

I had a chance to play with NJ smash (I'd rather not namedrop and create drama but the videos will all be uploaded soon). People who I could beat with MK I struggled against as Snake and if I could win they would be close or really clutch matches. Playing the character at a level where he can honestly reliably win is too mentally taxing and impossible to do consistently even as good of a player as I am.

For now I'm going to use MK and I might consider picking up Diddy kong or another character that I might try to prove viable against MK. But for now, I really can't see why I would ever use Snake against another MK when I can just play the ditto (which I might add I don't consider myself amazing at). I also realized I'm still better with MK vs characters that I specifically picked up Snake for like Lucario, I just need to get more experience in the matchup.

I feel really pro-ban now and I'm upset because I feel like all the effort I put into Snake is in vain. If the matchup was really even then I'd be able to beat people equally in MK dittos and with Snake (given that I'm the same skill as myself) and I've also put FAR more time into Snake in the last 5 months than MK. The character is difficult and pulling off a lot of the things that would make the matchup close are technically not within my ability.

So yeah, end to rant. Sorry guys. I'll still use Snake in friendlies and money matches because I still enjoy playing him but this character has no place in my arsenal.

Good luck...

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Scrub ******.

10scrub******s.

THIS POST SCREAMS NAIRO LMFAO

clowsui

Smash Legend
someone get nairo in here lol...

"man halberd stfu ***** u booty. stop discrediting my hard work jus cuz i get it in with the *****es and metkanight. go back to ur ocean in florida free willy"

OverLade

Smash Hero
LOL hold up everybody chill out.

I'm not discrediting anyone Nario is a great player and Ksizzle is also a really great player. But playing them with Snake and then playing them with MK made me realize that if the matchup was even I should be doing about as well but Nairo doesn't even know the matchup and he still occasinally beat my Snake. Ksizzle knows the matchup really well and was beating me pretty hard. I play MK and it's like suddenly all stupid stuff about the snake matchup is gone and I dont get frustrated.

Oh, and if that's scrub mentality Anti, go back to using Snake LOL.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
LOL hold up everybody chill out.

I'm not discrediting anyone Nario is a great player and Ksizzle is also a really great player. But playing them with Snake and then playing them with MK made me realize that if the matchup was even I should be doing about as well but Nairo doesn't even know the matchup and he still occasinally beat my Snake. Ksizzle knows the matchup really well and was beating me pretty hard. I play MK and it's like suddenly all stupid stuff about the snake matchup is gone and I dont get frustrated.

Oh, and if that's scrub mentality Anti, go back to using Snake LOL.
I used Snake when it was necessary.

Couldn't beat ADHD because my MK wasn't good enough, ***** him with Snake.

Then when he started ****** my Snake late '09, I brought out the revamped MK.

How it works yo.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I used Snake when it was necessary.

Couldn't beat ADHD because my MK wasn't good enough, ***** him with Snake.

Then when he started ****** my Snake late '09, I brought out the revamped MK.

How it works yo.
And I just realized that Snake isn't better than MK in ANY matchup. I thought my Snake was better vs MK/Lucario/ZSS/Diddy.

Then I beat Gnes with MK and he ***** my Snake (lets get Texas in here RAZER). I did better vs Ksiz' Lucario with MK than I did with Snake and I still dont feel like I know the matchup. All the NJ MKs did way better vs my Snake (They dont even know the matchup, there aren't any Snakes in NJ LOL). I also bet the same **** would happen in FL. I fricken played Dooms ZSS and wrecked him with MK but my Snake got trouble from a random local FL ZSS player.

MK is better than Snake in every matchup period, even without CP stages. ****'s dumb.

edit:
And once again Im not tryna hate on or call anyone out Im just callin it like it is.

Laem

Smash Champion
every1 in this thread so far SUCKS (except dangr i guess)
have you learned NOTHING from saint neo's revelation?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I feel really pro-ban now and I'm upset because I feel like all the effort I put into Snake is in vain. If the matchup was really even then I'd be able to beat people equally in MK dittos and with Snake (given that I'm the same skill as myself) and I've also put FAR more time into Snake in the last 5 months than MK. The character is difficult and pulling off a lot of the things that would make the matchup close are technically not within my ability.

So yeah, end to rant. Sorry guys. I'll still use Snake in friendlies and money matches because I still enjoy playing him but this character has no place in my arsenal.

I play MK and it's like suddenly all stupid stuff about the snake matchup is gone and I dont get frustrated.
this basically sums up how I've felt about maining MK and seconding snake for a long time. snake eventually just becomes a "for fun" character that can only make you angry if you attempt to use him in the same capacity as MK, he gets put through so much more frustrating bull **** it blows my ****ing mind that some people still think he's on the same level as MK is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom