• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonball: Evolution Trailer (More like Suckolution Failure)

Puddin

Smash Lord
Here is the link to the international trailer for the new Dragonall: Evolutions movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/objects/479331/dragonball/videos/dragonball_int_trlrc_121108.html

So tell me, have they mutilated the series or have they mutilated it?

They did a terrible job of capturing the personality of Goku, because now he is some preppy high school kid who turns out to be the Chosen One which had nothing to do with Dragonball, but I guess that is Hollywoods take on "He is a Super Saiyan but doesn't know it." Bulma is now generic action girl X who runs around flipping her guns at everything she sees rather then sticking with her personality in the actually Dragonball series (Not DBZ) and relying on Goku's unkown strength to save her.

In fact the only relation to Dragonball this movie has is Kamehameha, otherwise they could have taken out the Dragonballs, the kamehameha, and the Super Saiyan and slapped on some generic hollywood action title.

Thoughts? I honestly can't stand what they've done to it, being a Dragonball fan myself.

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
Here is the link to the international trailer for the new Dragonall: Evolutions movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/objects/479331/dragonball/videos/dragonball_int_trlrc_121108.html

So tell me, have they mutilated the series or have they mutilated it?

They did a terrible job of capturing the personality of Goku, because now he is some preppy high school kid who turns out to be the Chosen One which had nothing to do with Dragonball, but I guess that is Hollywoods take on "He is a Super Saiyan but doesn't know it." Bulma is now generic action girl X who runs around flipping her guns at everything she sees rather then sticking with her personality in the actually Dragonball series (Not DBZ) and relying on Goku's unkown strength to save her.

In fact the only relation to Dragonball this movie has is Kamehameha, otherwise they could have taken out the Dragonballs, the kamehameha, and the Super Saiyan and slapped on some generic hollywood action title.

Thoughts? I honestly can't stand what they've done to it, being a Dragonball fan myself.

omg stupidest Idea ever. the action is FAST (totally unlike dragonball z)

and why the **** are there guns, and why isn't it even in japan/fantasy land? modern day? its bull**** I tell you, udder bull****

Puddin

Smash Lord
Well there were guns in the Dragoball Manga, but not like there are in this movie.

You see Bulma used the guns as a means of self-defense, she was a young girl out on her own in search of the Dragonball's but now she is some latex donning generic action girl X who runs around kicking ***, the complete opposite of her personality in the manga.

I don't believe Piccolo even came into the series until Dragonball Z, so why on earth is he in a movie called Dragonball? They should have just called it Dragoball Z then...

Deception

Smash Ace
Well there were guns in the Dragoball Manga, but not like there are in this movie.

You see Bulma used the guns as a means of self-defense, she was a young girl out on her own in search of the Dragonball's but now she is some latex donning generic action girl X who runs around kicking ***, the complete opposite of her personality in the manga.

I don't believe Piccolo even came into the series until Dragonball Z, so why on earth is he in a movie called Dragonball? They should have just called it Dragoball Z then...
Piccolo does show up in the original series in the final saga. And yes, Bulma had a better personality then the movie version. I've only seen the anime, so was there any difference in Bulma's character between the anime and manga?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
This is nothing.

I'm still waiting for the new Smurfs rapefest movie that Hollywood is going to **** the series with making

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i personally dont like bragonball but ****! it deserves better than this bull.
and master roshi is hardly that serious.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I don't care if it's awful.

My fanboy-ism is making me love this.

Even though all the personalities are wrong.

I still love it.

=3

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Not that I ever expected them to actually manage a decent live action Dragonball or DragonballZ but this is pathetic.

Some of the basic elements of the story would be so easy to follow and instead they're changing them to make it what? Easier to follow? Marketable? Who cares when you are ruining the story.

In the end it'll be another movie I'll avoid.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Didn't we already have a thread dedicated to this movie? Admittedly, it was before they tacked the "Evolution" on to the end for no reason, but....

Anyway, it doesn't even need mentioning, but yes, this movie looks like garbage. The changes they've made to the characters and the world are really inexcusable. Who the **** is their target audience? Because right now, it looks like their pissing everyone off. The fans (other than Victra) are obviously going to be pissed at all the changes, and to everyone else, this just looks like a WAY BELOW MEDIOCRE action movie. It's gonna tank.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It's no doubt going to tank, but that's not gonna stop me from watching it. I'm so curious.

Also, I feel so bad for Chow Yun Fat now. He's better than this. D=

Bulma is pretty.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Why does this movie have a budget? I mean I knew it was going to suck before I saw the video so I was just surprised to see the effects look decent. Who actually thought this was a good enough concept to put money into?

Puddin

Smash Lord
It's no doubt going to tank, but that's not gonna stop me from watching it. I'm so curious.

Also, I feel so bad for Chow Yun Fat now. He's better than this. D=

Bulma is pretty.
I can't decide if Bulma or Goku have worse film adaptations, Goku is supposed to be the happy, go-lucky guy who didn't have a care in the world and fought crime just because it was wrong. Now he is some prep teen who discovers he is the chosen one which is incredibly cliche. Bulma went from being the helpless traveler to the generic action girl X with no personality.

Can anybody even tell who those two girls in the trailer are, the part where one of them asks "Who are you?!" to her double. I can't figure out for the life of me, but I want to say it's Chichi...

Master Roshi...

Piccolo...

Why did they have to ruin such a good series, it was done and over with a great endind...and now they had to revive it with some ****ty live action adaptation made by...Fox...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Well, hopefully it'll be funny at the very least. It's produced by Stephen Chow. He hasn't disappointed me yet. =|

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It won't. If it was, it'd be slightly similar to Dragonball. Can't have that!
The trailer makes it seem serious, but the trailers made Shaolin Soccer and KungFu Hustle seem serious too. And they weren't. lol.

M@v

Subarashii!
Piccolo is green. At least that makes it somewhat not terrible and a disgrace to dragonball, right, RIGHT?!

I almost puked in disgust when I saw that trailer.

I'm going to take every part of this movie that is inaccurate and burn it. Oh wait, the whole movie is...

Puddin

Smash Lord
Piccolo is green. At least that makes it somewhat not terrible and a disgrace to dragonball, right, RIGHT?!

I almost puked in disgust when I saw that trailer.

I'm going to take every part of this movie that is inaccurate and burn it. Oh wait, the whole movie is...
It would seem the only option now is to kill it with fire.

As a Dragonball fan I want to see this movie, but for the same reason I won't. I can't support the ****ation of a great series.

That interview with Jamie Chung (Chichi) was painful "The directors vision of how Dragonball should be"

It is not what it SHOULD be, it is what it IS.

MODERN DAY HIGH SCHOOL?!?!? CHICHI DATES THE JOCK? HER FATHER IS A GIANT AXE WIELDING BEAST (In Dragoball,not Z) AND NOW SHE IS DATING THE HIGH SCHOOL JOCK?!

This is officially the worst film adaptation of anything ever created. I hope they realize how angry the fans are.

Oh dear god...please tell me she did not just hint at a sequel...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Piccolo is the only good looking part of this movie. Having seen pics prior to this trailer, it seemed like it could at least be an interesting take on the series, but having viewed this -- simply put, NO. Somehow, I expected everything that I saw in that trailer by merely seeing the prior three seconds. This is worse than Three Ninjas.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Piccolo is the only good looking part of this movie. Having seen pics prior to this trailer, it seemed like it could at least be an interesting take on the series, but having viewed this -- simply put, NO. Somehow, I expected everything that I saw in that trailer by merely seeing the prior three seconds. This is worse than Three Ninjas.
*audible gasp* How dare you speak ill of Three Ninjas? That movie changed my life. This movie isn't even comparable to that movie.

Spire

III
BRoomer
*audible gasp* How dare you speak ill of Three Ninjas? That movie changed my life. This movie isn't even comparable to that movie.
I still regard it as one of the "greatest" movies ever - but let's face it, as a film, it was HORRIBLE. However, I've many a memorable quote from that movie.

"Dude, if I were a little booger, where would I hide?"

"Mom and dad's room!"

"Dude!"

Despite how terrible it was, it's simply the best movie ever. I apologize for comparing it to the **** that this Dragonball movie is.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I still regard it as one of the "greatest" movies ever - but let's face it, as a film, it was HORRIBLE. However, I've many a memorable quote from that movie.

"Mom and dad's room!"

"Dude!"

Despite how terrible it was, it's simply the best movie ever. I apologize for comparing it to the **** that this Dragonball movie is.
I see what you mean. I'm glad we seem to agree on the level of excellence in that movie—terrifically awful.

Also, Rocky loves Emily.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Guess what everyone!? There's no Krillen! You know...the bald guy who became Goku's closets friend and was the one responsible for Goku becoming super saiyan. And if I'm not mistaken; I believe Goku drives a Ferrari in this.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings

"Mom and dad's room!"

"Dude!"

can we compare it to 'snakes on a plane' then?

also, wtf no krillin? now this movie fails even more(unless u were joking, it still fails though)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
To be honest I'm disappointed in that the movie looks like it will be bad because of lame acting/ action rather than being bad just by being utterly ridiculous.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Guess what everyone!? There's no Krillen! You know...the bald guy who became Goku's closets friend and was the one responsible for Goku becoming super saiyan. And if I'm not mistaken; I believe Goku drives a Ferrari in this.
Funny thing is that this movie does not even mention him being Super Saiyan. No Super Saiyan in Dragonball? This will be terrible.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
To be fair, he wasn't super sayin in Dragonball. In fact, I don't think the concept of sayins was even introduced until Dragonball Z.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yeah, very true. But the fact they completely disregarded the character Krillin was pretty extreme. He probably is one of the most important characters in DragonBall and Dragonball Z.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That's absolutely true. I would be a little more outraged by the lack of Krillin if the movie weren't already so horribly butchered. With the characters and storyline as mangled as they are, it doesn't seem so awful that one (very, very important) character is missing entirely. If anything, Krillin is saving face here.

Top Bottom