• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down B

Meese

Smash Cadet
I think using down b to change pokemon and transform zelda/sheik is a waste of a move and you should be able to switch by using the d-pad or something other than taking up a move from the characters. Thats just my opinion.
BUT
If you could give each pokemon a move for down B rather than the switch, what would it be? And why? (optional)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
There is a good reason, they already have a hell lot of moves, so taking out one is not a problem, they are still advantageous and PT has to use it's down B unlike Sheik/Zelda

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
There is a good reason, they already have a hell lot of moves, so taking out one is not a problem, they are still advantageous and PT has to use it's down B unlike Sheik/Zelda
Wat.Text and stuff.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
YES! Taunt and then switch out...epicness. And a much needed function, no one has time to taunt these days...

And if I could add a move to each Pokemon it would be

Squirtle: Bide—a counter attack would be very very nice.
Ivysaur: Leech seed—Would be done just like C4/Rest, and would give Ivysaur more durability to stay on the stage.
Charizard: Thunderbolt—To counter Mario's FLUDD. Just kidding. And Charizard can't learn that anyway...I would say SmokeScreen or Belly Drum. SmokeScreen would be semi-useless, but the ability to hide what you're doing from your opponent is nice. But Belly Drum would give Charizard crazy power, of course at the cost of more damage. But Charizard survives everything anyway.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I think that it is fine as a move. I dont mind it. As said before... PT already has alot of moves that cover all kinds of angles/ ranges. "losing" 3 move slots (down b x3) is fine imo.

With the second part:
squitle- I really liked the bide idea, yawn could work like sing, but they fall asleep at some random point later on,someone mentioned dive/ dig in another thread. Bide is my favorite I think, though

ivysaur- Idk about leech seed... maybe grass knot. works like snakes landmine, but ctaches them for a set amount of time as well as deals a set damage according to weight. ( healing is a turn off for me for some reason)

charizard- crunch (melee koopa claw), i liked smokescreen. dragon rush could be like quickdraw

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I like Squirtle to have Dive, much like Metaknight's Down B, except only ground usable., and Squirtle makes a small explosion of water when he reappears.

Hmm... Down B for Ivysaur, I would like Giga Drain, where it's like a grab except it adds like 10% on an enemy, and -10% on Ivysaur, then Ivysaur throws them like Fthrow for 3 more damage. Either that, or I would love like a "Screech" attack that goes in front of Ivysaur, which enemies for like 2-3 seconds will suffer 1.3 times knockback or suffer 1.5 times more damage.

I would love for Charizard to have Dragon Rage. He'll just shoot out a small green tornado-like projectile in front of him that travels like 1/2 of FD, and deals like 7-9%.

Kemious

Smash Apprentice
I'd Like it If Squirtle had Ice beam Gives him a slight a alt to water gun and an actual projectial of course it would work more like the wario fart the less you use it the further the range and the more likely the opponet would freeze.

Ivy would either be sleep powder That has a tad bit more range the sing or Solar beam that charges and you have aim over. but on able to move.

Char would Be Body slam or Aerial ace

DemonFart

Smash Lord
YES! Taunt and then switch out...epicness. And a much needed function, no one has time to taunt these days...

And if I could add a move to each Pokemon it would be

Squirtle: Bide—a counter attack would be very very nice.
Ivysaur: Leech seed—Would be done just like C4/Rest, and would give Ivysaur more durability to stay on the stage.
Charizard: Thunderbolt—To counter Mario's FLUDD. Just kidding. And Charizard can't learn that anyway...I would say SmokeScreen or Belly Drum. SmokeScreen would be semi-useless, but the ability to hide what you're doing from your opponent is nice. But Belly Drum would give Charizard crazy power, of course at the cost of more damage. But Charizard survives everything anyway.
oh the joy of action replay ;)

Squirtle:fire blast
ivysaur:hydropump
charizard:sing

lolz

:094:

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
For Ivysaur, I would have really appreciated Grass Knot. But this is how I see the move:

Grass Knot is similar to Low Kick in the Pokémon games, which does damage proportional to the opponents weight. To me, this has always implied that the attacks cause the opponent to fall over. What I want this to translate to in Smash is:

• Damage proportional to the opponents weight (Maybe with a range from 1-7%).
  • Causes the opponent to fall into a trip animation.

The hitbox I would imagine as Dtilt, except with "grab" properties. The actual attack I guess would be for Ivysaur to wrap its vines around the opponents ankles and then give them a pull to dis balance them. It works on aerial opponents if they get close enough to the vines, but maybe with a different animation (Like pull them up into the air quickly and then let go, dropping them on the ground in the trip state). The only thing is, the attack would have significant lag if it fails (Slightly more than Ivysaur's running grab lag) and that the hitbox is only near the tips of the vines (So this wouldn't go into Bullet Seed or anything stupid like that).

I 'dunknow, it seems kind of pointless but it would probably work just fine as a tech chase, and I think Dsmash might be good out of this.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
squirtle would obviously have mirror coat for a down b. he's been waxin that shell baby!!

rapid spin would be cool too. like a grounded version of nair to get people off you, in front and behind. getting a boost from it in the air makes sense too. it should not kill, just be a quick gtfo move like most of squirtle's stuff.

ivysaur i think would have cut since the other two have at least one HM move on them. maybe like a slashing motion by slicing each vine downward. hits on both sides and can KO. this is basically to give ivysaur a dsmash that isn't garbage.

solarbeam would be cool as some kind of charge-up move. like a vertical version of samus's charge shot. or maybe ivysaur stands on his hindlegs and aims forward like in the final smash.

charizard...i think it'd be cool if it had like...fire spin where he's surrounded by a ring of fire or something. maybe it spins real quick and the tail's sweetspot is where the actual fire is. the main reason i suggest this is because he kind of lacks a quick attack that hits behind him (that isn't bair). if it were quick enough, it'd also be a cool move to get *****es off his *** in the air too. shouldn't kill since fire spin is meant to be residual damage anyway. although idk how you could incorporate that.

basically, use down b to give all three good dsmashes.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Leech seed for Ivysaur: it'd work just like Olimar's Pikmin throw, except it'd give health back to Ivy.

A move like that wouldn't be broken... ;)

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle - Water Pulse, a quick move that repels anyone from Squirtle.

Ivysaur - Solar Beam, a clone of Pikachu's thunder.

Charizard - Belly Drum, a quick move that repels anyone from Charizard.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle - Hydro Cannon

Ivysaur - Frenzy Plant

Charizard - Blast Burn

Those would be awesome + broken kill moves. :chuckle:

Since that's unlikely to happen:

Squirtle - Bite: This could work like Diddy's Monkey Flip. (>B) When he latches on to someone, he can get several bites on the opponent until the opponent gets him off. This could help with horizontal recovery too.

Ivysaur - Leech Seed: Could work like Snake's land mine. Except only when your opponent steps on it, they get hurt + you can recover a small amount of %. This sounds broken to me...

Charizard - Slash: This could work like Bowser's Koopa Claw from Melee.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Leech seed should just be like a seed that shoots up out of the bulb then falls on the spot he's standing (or under him if used in the air), explodes on impact (ground or enemy) and doesn't damage ivysaur.

Heck something like that would make ivy pretty **** sweet, just thinking of the possibilities.

Top Bottom