• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down and Dirty Mafia: D6 Start

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Skim milk concentrate. Or should concentrate. It's better warm than frozen.

Less stock responses, more controversy. Summoner, who are the participants in games that you have read that are players in this game? Awkward sentence is awkward. Also, why so invisible? I can't see you...

MACMAN. BAD MACMAN. YOU STOP THAT RIGHT NOW.

I'm hungry. Bye.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
tom what do you like more about this game? the pace or the player list?

mayling do you like being town more or scum more?

cello who your buddies be? also can you change your avy back to that kid in the frog? please?

omni do you think voting without explanation is generally scummy further into the game? why/why not?

steel sup brah?

macman how long do you expect itll take before you "get into the game"?

summonerau what is your experience with mafia?

chibo what are your thoughts on the rvs? is there a better way to start off the game?

gheb do you like having town roles or scum roles more?

bungle you scumfevah this time around?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
marshy dont tell me youre scum... ugh...

how about everything - playerlist, activity, setup, kevinmod

mayling you are south. ky is south. when in doubt, go with how you are divided in college sports. which makes you sec. south east. like tennessee, and georgia. cello you too.

omgus vote: scumonner_au

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Unvote cause RVS is over, and if not it should be

@Marshy: (thoughts on RVS, well, every post up until mine)
-I hate Marhy's name for Tom, I hope he doesn't continue to use that because he's using 3 letters not from Tom's name and only 2 that are. I seriously had to think about it for a sec to know who he was voting.
-Cello is being weird and I hope he/she stops this Mayling connection even though it's still a null-no-nothing-tell between Cello saying "I'm going to accomplish that by hiding behind Mayling and mimicking all of her votes, because she is awesome and better than me oh god be town. Also, May, post a vote so I can put mine down." and needing Mayling to somewhat answer the question I asked.
-I don't even know what Cello is trying to accomplish in post #28
-Cello's post #30 is confusing and stupid
-Reading Cello's posts continues to be a nightmare with post #41
-Marshy swoops in to what seems to be officially ending RVS with some good questions all around
-I'm not sure why Tom is worried about u being scum or not at this point.

Idk if theres a better way to start it off. It's a good way to sort of break the ice. There is no need for it to be long at all, but it's a good way to get ppl to post so people don't just sit around with a mentality of waiting to post until someone else does.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Marshy, I like being scum if I have good scumbuddies. Since you rarely happen to have exclusively good buddies I tend to like town more these days.

:059:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
@marshy: voting without an explanation is fine at any stage of the game as long as the meaning of the vote is implied. that includes pressure voting, bandwagoning, or reactive votes from certain responses

mayling and cello. what is your relationship with each other on SWF and IRL?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
how do you two prevent each other from having access to each other's accounts? do you two use the same computer? is it simply a trust issue?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
We don't live in the same house.

More later.

God I hate it when people say that.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Tom's dastardly transgression will go unanswered by me.

Maymay, you won't be able to play me here. 'Cause we're the same side! :bee:

For Marshy: A Cirno in a Sgt. Kero. Maymays is my buddy. I dun has other buddy. :(

Chibo, why do my posts tell you nothing? Is it that they give no read individually, or do you get one read in one and it's opposite in the other?

In #28, I'm doing this wonderful new thing called "opening up a dialogue". Think of it this way: the information available is not the only important thing, it's also what the person in question feels comfortable putting forth. And...from that, I got nothing for now. Bust. Oh well.

In #30, I'm responding to Meimu. What response did you expect me to have? Is/was there any response that I might have made that would honestly have affected your opinion of my alignment? I hope you understand what I'm trying to accomplish.

#41...I'll give you that one. I was hungry.

Gheb and I (and apparently Steel too, hi Steel!) are thinking alike. But, Gheb got those backwards. It should go:

FoS Marshy
Vote Chibo Kiju

...and that was such a good start. We needs more activities. So...

Let's all try answering Marshy's questions, even the ones not directed at us!

I like the roster a lot. I'm at least passingly familiar with everyone, even Summoner if you count my keeping up with Newbie 4. I like being town more. I used to like scum more, but there's a certain prestige in carrying a game that isn't as transitory as an AIM game. I wants thats. Votes at any stage have to be interpreted. A vote with an explanation tells you what a person wants you to believe his/her reasons are. Lacking an attached explanation is just as useful a piece of data in that regard. Sup, yourself. Also, this gives Steel something to talk about when he gets back. How considerate of Marshy. Don't want to answer the next one. Or the next. The RVS is the path of evolution the game took. The alternative would be to wait around for 3 days until someone gathers enough courage to speak up. Frankly, RVS information gets ignored far too much. It's dismissed as derisively as WIFOM. Bad.

Tom, Omni and Chibo got the interesting questions. I want an interesting question...

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
lol did you just pick and choose which questions you wanted to answer?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
No, I answered them all except for Macman's, Summoner's and the redundant ones.

...how quickly can you read, Bungle?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Why does that make you uncomfortable, Maymay? If anything, that would be a strike against me, right?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I read very quickly, Cello.

I'm almost getting too-townie right here.

dunno tho

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Summoner, who are the participants in games that you have read that are players in this game
I hope I understood what you meant...The only person I've played with in this game is Gheb. oh and Steel, but Steel disappeared Day 1 after like 8 posts (I actually forgot about Steel because of that)

Cello said:
Nobody point out that that was a rhyme.
You very clearly tell nobody to point out it was a rhyme. SCUMTELL!!!!!111!!!1 Joking aside, I'm going to follow Cello's suggestion and answer all the questions (at least, the ones I think aren't really asking anything, if you want me to answer a particular question, just let me know)

what do you like more about this game? the pace or the player list?
Seeing as though I'm relatively new to dgames, I'm not going to say player list(I'M SURE YOU'RE ALL EQUALLY AWESOME, except Steel) so I guess it's pace if you consider that prods are every 36 hours and there will be no replacements as pace. I actually like how it promotes activity even more because inactive players really annoy me.
do you like being town more or scum more?
So far, scum because haven't been NK'd Night one as scum :@

do you think voting without explanation is generally scummy further into the game? why/why not?
I would have to see the situation the vote was in, how the person had played beforehand in that game and things like that. I don't like answering this question in general terms because someone might bring it up later on and be all like "BUT HERE YOU SAID 'X'". You might find me saying this to be scummy but it's more a matter of me trying to avoid confusion late game.

what is your experience with mafia?
Currently, this will be my fifth game of Mafia. So far I've played in Rocky Mafia, Xiivi Loves America Mafia, SQUAT mafia and Newbie Mafia 4.

what are your thoughts on the rvs? is there a better way to start off the game?
RVS just gets the ball rolling and gives people something to talk about, much like what I think has happened in this game. I don't know if there is a better way to start the game but I would think that an individual that expected RVS could form a strategy to help them get more out of RVS. (I'm thinking that if 'x' is used a large amount of the time, someone could figure out 'y' that is better than 'x', but only works if 'x' is used by the masses. I hope you get what I'm trying to say)
do you like having town roles or scum roles more?
I don't think I've played enough of each to know yet.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Oh, I missed the question that you asked about being invisible. I changed it some time ago and I like it :)

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Hohohohohohoho~

Out of curiosity, did that have any influence over your choice to vote me? Other than that, why did you choose me?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
No. You were reading my old mafia games and Rocky mafia day one is :|

STAY OUTTA THERE ;_;

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
To clarify, I voted before I saw you replying. I probably would have voted you if I hadn't already done it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Sometimes I click "Reply", then hunt through to see if there is anything I actually want to say. In this case, I wanted to read through some of your old games to check the way you construct your sentences.

I get the feeling that you are pretty antsy about me going over your past games. Is that so?

About Rocky, I found it entertaining. =P

Offnote: Read my performance in Newbie 3. It's terribhorribad.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
When you were answering Marshy's questions, what information did you want us to take away from it? How do you think it helps town? You could just say, "it allows us to leave RVS", but how does it give us direction?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I was thinking in terms of the amount of information available to us. The more that's here, the better Day One will be. The more people that answer the questions, the more likely scum will feel pressured into answering them. We ultimately gain from people answering questions.

To all: How should I play with such a timezone difference with most people here? What would you prefer to see? I've been having a think about it and I'd like to here what your think.

Top Bottom