• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Up B~is this Known?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Pedochu

Smash Cadet
I discovered this a long time ago, but never bothered to ask if it was known. Ocasionally, while practicing Pichu in Training Mode, I was able to do an Up B twice in the same direction. This can obviously be done on the ground by using agility to go forward > and then down at an angle, but this was done in the air. Apologies is this is a known fact, but I would like to know.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I don't think is really widely used, but it is known, at least to some. It's pretty hard to do until you learn exactly how, but it's very useful. Also, not many people know of this, so it can be quite a surprise.

To do it, you have to Agility in one direction, then VERY QUICKLY return the Control Stick to it's normal position and hit the same direction again.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
It's just flicking the analog stick the same way fast. I don't really see the point of it though.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Known? Yeah. Used? Rarely.
I kind of just did it by going one direction and quickly hitting the opposite direction and back the same direction for the second time. But I never knew exactly how it was done, but I think someone told me you return the analog to a neutral position before going the same direction again, so I just assumed that was it. I don't know if I mentioned this in my guide or not.
The benefit is if you need that extra distance to reach the ledge or something. Usually Pichu can make it back to the stage with no problem, so it isn't ever really needed.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Lol, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was someone saying that he just found out you can move twice in the Up B lol

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
To NGC: It only works on the ground. If you're on the ground, why on earth would you be recovering?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Wait... with Pichu you can definatly just hit the same direction twice... and it's really easy to do.... <3 smashboards though.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
it's the reason why pichu can recover from anywhere FD, good stuff. going stright up twice or two 22.5% burst can get you back from just about anywhere.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I pray to my dear lord in his heavenly throne nightly asking this thread to be locked.
Can I get an amen?
Maybe an awoman?

T0MMY

Smash Master
I swear to my dark god of vegence, if anyone whosoever posts here again I will call down the dark demons to destroy their soul and lock this thread.
kthx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom