• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Dair - An online Smash64 Tournament (with cash prizes) SIGN-UPS CLOSED

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Double Dair Online SSB64 North American Tournament

Prizes:

1st place = $25 deposited through paypal
2nd place = $10 deposited through paypal
3rd place = $5 deposited through paypal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLOBAL MAIN RULES:

-Double elimination Tournament
-5 stock matches.
-Best 3 out 5.
-First match on DREAMLAND. After that Loser picks stage. -Stages available: dreamland, hyrule, congo, peach's castle
-All Characters Are Legal.
-All items off
-No excessive camping or stalling.
-If you DS, OR LAG OUT 4 times, you forfeit the match

Championship match will be BEST OF 4 OUT OF 7. Thank You.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scheduled Time Of Matches:

You will have 1 week (7 days) from the time the bracket is made/updated to play your match.

Matches can be played anytime the 2 opponents can schedule. (They just have to post results on smashboards.

Make sure you pick a good time where you can play a set of 5 matches without interruption.(First to win 3 out of 5)

Contacting:

Make sure you find out who your fighting next BY CHECKING THE BRACKETS YOU SIGNED UP FOR, and contact them anyway you can. Please leave your instant messenger screen name for whatever you have(AIM, MSN, YAHOO, etc.) or e-mail in your sign-up post contact section, or try to get ahold of them on here(smashboards) or in the server, or anywhere else you can. If your opponent can't be contacted, and you have tried all means to contact him, or her, or it, they have 24 hours from a post from YOU and then will be Dq'D from that match(NOT THE BRACKET, JUST THAT MATCH). If you can't get ahold of somebody, and they never surface ever, they automatically forfeit from the entire bracket.

Brackets:

The brackets will be selected at random for all participants. Some might have a "bye" and some might not.(Depends on how many sign-up)

END NOTES:

We want everybody to have fun. This is played online, so there will be a delay. The delay can vary, depending on who you play and where they live/connection, and if you play them on a server or p2p.

Example Sign-Up:

Name: Nova
State: Georgia
Emulator: Any or PJ64k or Mupen or P2P or P2P and Mupen, or etc.
Time I Can Play: 8:00pm to 2:00am
Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone.
Day(s): Any or Monday Through Friday, etc.
Contact(s): msn - gavinmac@yahoo.com, aim - gvngm10@aol.com

Use this as a copy SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO TYPE IT IN.

Name:
State:
Emulator:
Time I Can Play:
Time Zone:
Day(s):
Contact(s):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DQ's:

DQ's will happen for:

- Take longer than a week to play match.
- Poeple that Sign-up and don't respond within 24 hours.
- Don't play the full game and leave asking to finish it later.
- Don't follow the rules.
- Don't respond to their opponent's PM, Email, etc. within 24 hours.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The quicker people sign up the quicker I can get this tourney started. I encourage everyone playing to please record matches or stream if possible. Good luck and have fun!

1. Near
2. Combo Blaze
3. MrMarbles
4. Star King
5. Wilde
6. Killer
7. LULZ
8. bane
9. Stacked Crooked
10. Battlecow
11. Komotonoto
12. Jesusv2
13. Mason Storm
14. Jeno
15. sextc
16. Mahie
17. hipstur
18. Dext3r

Bracket:

http://images.challonge.com/DoubleDairSSB.png

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Name: Combo Blaze
Bracket: Singles
State: Illinois
Emulator: pj64k
Time I Can Play: Weekends, weekdays between 5pm-8pm CST
Time Zone: CST
Day(s): all week
Contact(s): PM here, Skype

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
i'm sure i will do terrible but why not sounds like fun

Name:MrMarbles
State: Florida
Time I Can Play: not sure yet as i am about to get a new schedule, but i should have plenty of free time
Time Zone: east coast
Day(s):most likely will be free on weekdays and weekend mornings
Contact(s):here on smashboards would be best. also my email ericbrumley44@yahoo.com

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Why are there only 2 signups after me after this much time has passed? C'mon, dudes, there is no entrance fee, and there is a cash prize. This is where I wonder who the hell were all those people that voted yes on the keyboard issue in Sheer's poll. Nova, I'd generally advise not to, but advertise this on Kaillera. The reason why I say I don't advise this, is because I know from past experience is that you'll get some really flaky players sign up, and come the day of the tournament, they are nowhere to be found/almost unreachable, but this would be a good way to get some player slots filled. >_>

EDIT: I think a better place would be to announce this on the SSB Reddit subreddit.
Yeah, I wonder where all those people went too. I've been advertising on kaillera but I think 90% of the players on there now don't have a smashboards account. I'll post it on reddit and give it some time.

Also, about people lagging out, I might get rid of that rule since you can't tell anymore but you can tell if someone is lagging. If someone is lagging alot, tell me and I will decide what to do.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Name: Star King
Bracket: There's only Singles?
State: Virginia
Emulator: PJ64k, I'm willing to do PJ 1.7 + AQZ if someone wants to
Time I Can Play: Any time on weekends, 3:00 PM or later on weekdays
Time Zone: EST
Day(s): Any, weekends preferred.
Contact(s): PM me on Smashboards

VVilde

Smash Cadet
Name: Wilde
Bracket: Singles, and doubles if possible
State: Illinois
Time I Can Play: anytime
Contact(s): PM smashboards

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Name: Killer
State: CT
Emulator: PJ64k; other emulators are acceptable
Time I Can Play: Any time on weekends, 3:00 PM or later on weekdays
Day(s): Any(prefer weekends )
Contact(s): PM via Smashboards but mostly on Galaxy server

LULZY

Smash Cadet
Name: LULZ
City: Toronto
Contact(s): Pm me on smashboards, but I would prefer if you came on Galaxy, I'm not hard to find. :colorful:

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
Name: bane
State: ca
Emulator: .13
Time I Can Play: depends
Time Zone: pacific
Day(s): depends
Contact(s): skype (NA group)

Stacked Crooked

Smash Rookie
Name: Stacked Crooked
State: IL
Emulator: pj64k or others if necessary
Time I Can Play: any time after 5 pm on weekdays, any time on weekends
Day(s): Any day but Wednesday
Contact(s): pm me here or Skype. (I'll pm you my Skype name)

Jesusv2

Smash Rookie
Name: Jesusv2
State: CT
Emulator: PJ64K
Time I Can Play: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday after 5pm. Weekends after 12pm.
Day(s): Any day but Wednesday
Contact(s): PM here,

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
@ Stacked crooked and Jesusv2, can you prove to me that you will be available. I'm hesitant to let people with no smashboards post in because they usually never check smashboards. Make sure you check smashboards frequently so you don't miss a match or I will DQ.

Stacked Crooked

Smash Rookie
@ Stacked crooked and Jesusv2, can you prove to me that you will be available. I'm hesitant to let people with no smashboards post in because they usually never check smashboards. Make sure you check smashboards frequently so you don't miss a match or I will DQ.
I may be new here, but I'll make sure to check it out frequently. I've always liked smash, and have lurked here before, but this tournament convinced me to finally interact with the community and make an account. You can count on me to stay current with the tournament and my responsibilities to it.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Name: Komotonoto :yoshimelee:
State: IL
Emulator: PJ64KVE
Time I Can Play: Usually afternoons, weekends free.
Time Zone: Central
Day(s): Every Day
Contact(s): Skype: Konotomoto Fb: Komotonoto

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say and vouch for NOVAS, That nova is LEGIT, and he will pay.

Im not going to join cause ill just win the whole thing. It be unfair to the others.

The Great MATTS!

Jesusv2

Smash Rookie
Not quite sure how to prove it to you other than this post. I heard about this from the smashbros subreddit. I'm pretty regular on Galaxy and I'm specifically leaving this tab open on my computer so I won't forget about it. Is there anything else I can do to prove it to you?

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Not quite sure how to prove it to you other than this post. I heard about this from the smashbros subreddit. I'm pretty regular on Galaxy and I'm specifically leaving this tab open on my computer so I won't forget about it. Is there anything else I can do to prove it to you?
I may be new here, but I'll make sure to check it out frequently. I've always liked smash, and have lurked here before, but this tournament convinced me to finally interact with the community and make an account. You can count on me to stay current with the tournament and my responsibilities to it.
I'll let both of you join because it sounds like you will keep up with matches and be active.

Mason Storm

Smash Rookie
Name: Mason Storm
State: Alberta (Canada)
Time I Can Play: Weekends and anytime after 6pm during week
Time Zone: MST Canada & USA
Day(s): Weekends, Weekday Evenings
Contact(s): mason_cudney@hotmail.com

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Oh snap looks like this tourney is gonna come down to who the best keyboard players is.

No offense to the others.

I'll stay out. I play my worst smash vs teh keyboarders. Their DI frustates me too much and the frustration effects my play.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just wanted to say and vouch for NOVAS, That nova is LEGIT, and he will pay.

Im not going to join cause ill just win the whole thing. It be unfair to the others.

The Great MATTS!
What a ringing endorsement

hey dude you know you're actually a ****wad for that hilarious joke, right?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Name: wotg
State: Texas
Time I Can Play: mid-day or nights
Time Zone: Central USA
Day(s): random
Contact(s): skype or kaillera

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'm gonna start the tourney with 17 people, so one person will get a bye. Bracket will be made randomly. Or do you guys think I should wait and let more people in?

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i want entrance too

Name:rjgbadger(hipstur)
State:NV
Emulator pj64
Time I Can Play: variable, after 2pm pacific most days
Time Zone Pacific
Day(s):most, variable
Contact(s):here, skype(hipstur),

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I suppose I'll leave sign-up open the rest of the weekend. 32 players is the max limit. Bracket will be made Sunday night.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I suppose I'll leave sign-up open the rest of the weekend. 32 players is the max limit. Bracket will be made Sunday night.
Nevermind, I'm gonna make the bracket now with 17.

EDIT: Bracket posted, begin playing matches!

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Name: Dexxt3r
State: Mexico DF
Time Zone: mexico central time lol idk
Day(s):
Contact(s): skype Dext3rMX .
Sorry guys I had to remake the bracket to allow dex to join but that shouldnt be a problem since no one played yet. The bracket was still made randomly. Click refresh on your browser if it still only shows a 17 player bracket. Once again I encourage everyone to record matches. Thank you.

Top Bottom