• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

sheikamaru

jive
add me on steam guys, my name is...

rogueassassinx

im pro

i love playing windrunner and antimage and bloodseeker

everyone else is op and dumb.

edit 2: i would love to run some games and stomp on some pubs with you folks.

edit 3: the league of legends thread is dumb... no one talks to me there.

D

Deleted member

who r the best champs for n00bs

so far i tried klinkz and blood spiller dude

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
who r the best champs for n00bs

so far i tried klinkz and blood spiller dude
the easiest heroes to pick up are tidehunter, naix, skeleton king, huskar, ...
you guys need to add me on steam because I'm as lazy as I am good (unimaginatively)

Pudge: Reduced the delay before being able to issue orders after Meat Hook.
YESSSSS

glad tiny is being nerfed....he was absolutely broken with this ags

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Competitive play wise the biggest change this patch is Tinker. His march is getting toned down a lot. On average a single march at lvl 4 did 450. Now its doing an average of 300 damage. =/

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
For the new people just posting steam ids, if you format them to a link I'll put them in the op after I'm back from my brothers wedding. Additionally its super easy to friend people from the first post.

:phone:

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
O.o Iggy your avatar is tonker. Just noticed (not a typo...I like saying tonker). He has some of my favorite voice acting....hearing him go "pew pew, pew pew pew pew!" is a ****ing riot mid match

i also like giving invoker a healing pot and hearing him scream WHY THANK YOU

and rhasta shackling!!! "hiya diya on the kock" is what I hear lololol

dota 2 voice acting is seriously epic

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Pew pewpew, pew pew is up there for one of my favorite lines. The voice acting is all around amazing though.i think my current favorite is, "i only wanted to kill everyone" as venous death line. He just sounds so sad.

Def love getting thanked for salves and urns.

hubble

Smash Ace
ALL ARE HEALED

makes me not hate dota2 chen.

I always end up having to play the hero "no one else knows how to play". Fun times :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
"Soon I'll choose a queen!"
"Take a knee, peasant!"
"Clinkz…still playing at bow'n arrows, I see."

The voice acting, and specifically, character interactions between heroes, are wonderful.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
okay I'm gunna add everybody to skype. I'm playing with my team right now I will play some casual games later day or late night (early tomorrow morning)
name is tomacawk

were u that one guy who messaged me on dotacash 1-2 years ago asking if i was hydro kirby or something
forgot about this:
I probably was. I can't remember that happening but I do remember talking to one person about smash, asking if I knew them. It was likely you
we never played back then, why are we still not playing :|

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I don't think id really day that any hero is really like cho, but if I was forced if say tuskar and hes not in yet.

Doom maybe in that an ult can often take someone out of the fight, and hes pretty invincible.

Also maybe tidehunter.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
who is the champion most like chogath

or alistar
Ability wise his slam is on Slardar. However, Slardar doesn't have a heal. His q is a movement speed steroid(one of the best in the game. It's so good they put a 10% damage increase while you do it on it.) his e is a passive % based bash. His ult lowers armor and gives vision of a unit.

I recommend trying out Sven, TideHunter, Huskar, Rikimaru, Venomancer, spiritbreaker, and Doombringer.

If you want someone to play with just post your steam id and any of us would be more than happy to play with you ^_^

D

Deleted member

i am too n00b to play with you pr0 smashers

edit:

any link that tells u basics/intermediate/advanced play? i never played dota in my life

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i am too n00b to play with you pr0 smashers

edit:

any link that tells u basics/intermediate/advanced play? i never played dota in my life
Hey add me on steam: DanGRGaming

I've played enough to be able to tell you some of the very specific differences between dota2 and league if you want. dunno if you've played dota before.

Also, make sure you get autoexec (in that guide on reddit) if you want league controls.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Doing games tonight from 5 pm MST(GMT - 7) til im done. I'd like to do a swf ih if we get enough people. If not please pub with me its a lot more fun with people. I don't care if I lose more or not. I just have fun with more ^_^ That means YOU LOVAGE AND S2J

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Doing laundry then ill be casting more/ playin

DJRome

Smash Hero
what is build on invoker random?

i got boot, branch, circlet, salve and went eqeqereqrwqqwww until we throned and got phase, jango, hex. is this decent?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
what is build on invoker random?

i got boot, branch, circlet, salve and went eqeqereqrwqqwww until we throned and got phase, jango, hex. is this decent?
Depends which level build you go. If you go qw its

branch, tango, blade into phase into drums to euls(or just void stone if you are feeling too pressured.) into aghs. Then anything.

qe

you are wanting extra stats early on. So you get a gauntlet and a circlet early on and then acouple branches and fill up on tangos.

If you have a good start go into arcane boots and force staff. qe is a lot more push oriented and positioning oriented(more in the middle of the fight because ice wall is amazin). Drums and then blink(if you feel you need even more positioning) or agh.

Always get invoke at lvl 2. Please. =/

qwe(primary emphasis being w level build)

qrqwwerwww

qw level build

qrqwwwrwqwwrwqeeer

qe

ereqeerqqqeree
primary focus being sunstrike and forge spirit(however with ice wall to back it up)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
your better off waiting a month with lots of new stuff coming out, the prices on a lot of things are going down. unless you need something right now, i would wait. lmk if your in a hurry, i can put something together if you want but i would need a price range. intel > amd right now btw.

~~~

def want to scrim some of you guys thurs-sunday.
i've done a lot of research after this post, and thanks to you i've made a much more informed decision.

I have decided to shift my focus away from the CPU specifically and get a very compatible mobo. I will be using the same AMD FX cpu, though, for a number of reasons.

One, its model is very new, which means there is room to upgrade in the future. Two, its cost:power is pretty respectable. It may not be the fastest in benchmarks right now, but its not bad; it is an 8 core after all. Some of the benchmark issues have as much to do with the software as the hardware (windows 7 is supposedly coming out with a patch in the future for better 8 core compatibility). Three, from looking at market trends, I plan to bet on AMD making a bounce back in the CPU sector. Intel might be winning right now, but they won't always be on top. From my estimates, right now might actually be the best time to buy into AMD, while the prices are still low.

I've also decided to clock back my budget a fair amount. I could probably afford to buy close to the best of the best, but that would deplete the last few months of savings i've done. I don't plan on spending a whole lot of time overclocking, so I decided that I'll save water cooling for later. This is how I plan to prioritize my costs:

1. Mobo (compatibility)
2. Case (space, airflow, looks ;))
3. CPU
4. GPU
5. RAM (so cheap these days...)

I will be getting a 60GB SSD for OS and game installs and probably reuse my current 500GB HDD for storage. Whats a good wattage powersupply to get? Are there other qualities of PSUs i should look at besides wattage (and cord counts, i suppose)

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
imo there are 2 legitimate "blueprints" for invoker but in reality this hero is outrageously versatile and you will be switching his level order around every game depending on what you need. for example, if people are barely living from your teamfights, maybe you should pump up exort a little. if you need more health regen to stay in your lane early, perhaps level quas another point. is the other team's lane phase killing you with gankers that chase and slow you, like tide and veno? then get an early ice wall. maybe you want deafening blast early...etc

here is my q/w build
quas/wex
starting items branch tango blades, as sinz said. this build is teamfight heavy and is focused on tornado and emp. It is also very strong against pushing teams. cold snap should be used every fight as well.
you want to level quas, invoke, wex, wex, wex, quas or exort, invoke, wex (exort if you didn't already have it), wex, max exort and get invoke at proper levels
typical item progression is phase boots, magic wand, void stone or staff of wizardry (are you going euls, sheepstick, or force staff?), bongos, then finish your euls/force/sheep. next item depends on what is needed. sheep/euls to have both, or shiva's guard, or ags, or orchid, etc.

Turazrok

Smash Master
People add me steam name is same as my swf name.

Also is there any way to get better quality? I had my comp wiped and when I reinstalled my quality went to ****.

Top Bottom