• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doomed to low tier?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
And that guy was me. It doesn't work, I should know.
:laugh:

No, it wasn't you. I'll dig up the quote.

Edit: Here it is. This whole portion of the thread made me lol

No.

Ness fair vs. Mario fair = Ness wins
Ness dair vs. Mario dair = Ness wins
Ness bair vs. Mario bair = Ness wins
Ness uair vs. Mario uair = Ness wins
Ness nair vs. Mario nair = Ness wins
And Hero's two cents on the issue

This makes me sick...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hero... is the Brawl demo a better game than the real copy? O.o

Also this thread is too good.

My sarcastic opinion, there is no low tier, because every character has the potential to win... but there should be a bottom tier, and C.Falcon/Link/Ganon/Jiggs should be down there.

Remember, don't take that seriously.

:093:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Also, Mario CLEARLY does better against Marth-Yes. But 5%. 65-35 for Mario.
What? Mario vs. Marth is 60-40, in Marth's favor. Definitely not 65-36.

Ness is definitely the better of the two Mother boys. Ness might one day make it to mid tier, and even then, he'll be at the bottom. It doesn't save him from being trash.

Yoshi has the potential for high mid tier.
Mario has the potential for high mid tier.
Sonic has the potential for mid mid tier.
Ness has the potential for the VERY BOTTOM of mid tier.

(I would have put Jigglypuff somewhere on that list, but I haven't played any good Jiggs so I wouldn't know).

Ganondorf, Link, Captain Falcon, Pokémon Trainer, Samus, Lucas, and Ness are all bad characters.

Matt07

Smash Master
I heard the Brawl Demo was better, then they removed almost all of the old Melee techniques.

Depends if you consider Melee better then Brawl, then it is better. I'm neutral on the Melee/Brawl debate so.

Anyways, again Mario's been proving himself in tournaments, I know he has potential to get to mid.

I'd think Samus would be mid tier too.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol, Matador, I hope it wasn't as bad as the Luigi vs Mario debate you were in xD.

Hopefully the Ness debate had a better out come too.
Both were pretty cataclysmic. At least I don't have a problem with Luigi vs Mario in their matchup, just in bigots claiming Luigi is far better than Mario because of what you see on the surface. At least next time I'll be able to put forth my dream of responding to an entire debate with solely quotes of myself :laugh:

....Very sad, I know. I'm bored here.

Edit: yeah, that demo and the copy we have now are undeniable proof that Sakurai is a *******

PKNintendo

Smash Master
E for all was very different. Pit's FS was much better. Link had a crappier FS, Peach Fthrow could kill at ridiculous %. Mario was the combo king e.c.t.

sigh, I wish we actually GOT the demo, instead of going to E for all for a few days.

I was referering to their topic.
Ness is definitely the better of the two Mother boys. Ness might one day make it to mid tier, and even then, he'll be at the bottom. It doesn't save him from being trash.
If you didn't see this, lol. Your using trash to loosely, seriously. But it's your opinion, not like it's fact or anything.

again, all opinionated responses. And Very bottom didn't need a capitalization.

(I would have put Jigglypuff somewhere on that list, but I haven't played any good Jiggs so I wouldn't know).

Ganondorf, Link, Captain Falcon, Pokémon Trainer, Samus, Lucas, and Ness are all bad characters.
Ness is not a bad character

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion

If Ness's Grab release wasn't so bad he could be higher.
If more Link mains spawn up, he might raise up to mid too, though his recovery is bad.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
If Ness's Grab release wasn't so bad he could be higher.
If more Link mains spawn up, he might raise up to mid too, though his recovery is bad.
Please shut up about grab releases Milk. being pessimistic is fine sometimes, but your sulking now. Grab release to downsmash doesn't mean instanwin for Marth.

kirinblaze said:
The entire smash world creamed over it. Then they released what we have now. lol.
Lol.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol I bet you Nintendo wanted to make it less competitive. Mario Party 8 took more luck in their games, Mario Kart Wii has a horrible drifting system compared to the other games (God, I love MK DS), at least Metroid and LoZ series haven't started becoming too easy... :S.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Lol I bet you Nintendo wanted to make it less competitive. Mario Party 8 took more luck in their games, Mario Kart Wii has a horrible drifting system compared to the other games (God, I love MK DS), at least Metroid and LoZ series haven't started becoming too easy... :S.
Are you kidding me? I could beat TP in my sleep and M3 was quite easy.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Yeah...Even Mario Galaxy to an extent. They definitely have been making games easier to appeal to larger audiences. Quite a shame, really.

Edit: oh...I read that wrong. TP was way easier than the previous ones Zeldas...Metroid, on the other hand, hasn't lost its luster

Matt07

Smash Master
Metroid Prime on Hypermode difficulty is a *****, hardest one out of the three. True LoZ was easier...they should've added a 'Masterquest' mode with it, once you beat the game.

Gah, Mario Galaxy is easier then the previous ones :(, ah well what can you do.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Metroid Prime on Hypermode was still easy... the enemies didn't get harder, and the only things that were legitimately harder were the bosses. The whole thing was simply managing Hypermode, which imo isn't hard, just BS.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Please shut up about grab releases Milk. being pessimistic is fine sometimes, but your sulking now. Grab release to downsmash doesn't mean instanwin for Marth.

Actually it pretty much is.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I think this thread really needs to be wrapped-up; we're way off-topic and the topic was pretty bad in the first place. Honestly, I'm surprised Hylian hasn't closed this thread yet; usually Hylian jumps right on top of spammy threads in the Mario boards.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Wow..there is a lot of ness hate in here...I dont understand why we low tiers aren't egging eachother on. Meanwhile we are trying to prove whose better than who.
Fact: Ness is a really badass character
Fact: Mario seems to be conisdered good by many and has a lot of potential to grow
Fact: Grab release ISNT that much of a big deal since it isn't an infinite anymore.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'd say Ness is good, but there's plenty of others that are better than him. I dunno about the majority of his match-ups, but apparently he does pretty bad against characters with good edgeguarding and better range. That's pretty bad for him. He has the potiential to be mid tier, but Mario should've been mid tier in the first place.

I actually believe Sonic should be at the top of low tier. I can't say mid due to the fact that a lot of his play relies on mindgames.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Being grab release comboed IS a big deal especially since a lot of those grab release combos can KILL. Basically it means you always lose whenever you get grabbed.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I have no doubt that Ness will move up. I'm not even saying he won't move up as much as Mario, because he probably will; both are solid characters. Judging who's better between us would be biased, and letting SBR judge would likely be inaccurate...and, quite frankly, there's no point. They're not vastly different in potential either way. If one's ahead of the other, it'll only be by a few steps.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much so, if you are in KO %'s. Grab releases will pretty much seal your fate.

Sonic now, has decent potential. A few matchups he is a good choice to use for.

If anything. Play as everybody. Then switch back to your main. Main will be a whole lot better afterwards.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If anything. Play as everybody. Then switch back to your main. Main will be a whole lot better afterwards.
Gotta agree here. I played as everyone at one point and got a used to all of them (except for Jiggs...). I think my Mario got plenty better as a result since I know what to expect.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
The grab release is a lot easier to do than DDD's infinite. Yea its a big problem.
Because it's just a smash attack. Extra damage isn't that bad when Wario get's aerial grabbed release into pretty much anything.

Aerial grab released into Peach Upsmash, her strongest KO. Is that 7-3 for Peach?

Grab releases are like CG, to a certain extent. I mean, with D3 infinite, he would still have a CG on Mario. Does that equate 7-3 for DDD still?

I know the inside outs to this grab release nonsense, it's it not that big of a deal.

(D3 backthrow + a few pummels deals over 20%, thats the same as Marth's grab release downsmash. Does that mean D3 counters EVERYONE)

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I'd say Ness is good, but there's plenty of others that are better than him. I dunno about the majority of his match-ups, but apparently he does pretty bad against characters with good edgeguarding and better range. That's pretty bad for him. He has the potiential to be mid tier, but Mario should've been mid tier in the first place.

I actually believe Sonic should be at the top of low tier. I can't say mid due to the fact that a lot of his play relies on mindgames.
MalcomM makes Sonic look like high tier. He was MM every Meta Knight in the room at our last tourney and 2 stocking them, and he beat some good Meta Knight's, like Anti and Godot. It's just ridiculous how well he takes advantage of his speed.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Lol i love how you do that. I just said it was a big problem. Not the ratio. btw marth boards think its 8:2 Marth last time i checked.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
MalcomM makes Sonic look like high tier. He was MM every Meta Knight in the room at our last tourney and 2 stocking them, and he beat some good Meta Knight's, like Anti and Godot. It's just ridiculous how well he takes advantage of his speed.
I want to see/play this Sonic.

Lol i love how you do that. I just said it was a big problem. Not the ratio. btw marth boards think its 8:2 Marth last time i checked.
Somebody needs to put them down >.>

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The Marth boards had it as 75:25 during the infinite days. After EIDI came up, they dropped it to 70:30.

The Marth boards also have DDD as Even, but Atomsk from up north (who plays against Marths regularly) never loses to them so he says 60:40 DDD definitely.

Like I said, while they got a good amount of info, their match-up ratios are flawed.

Oh, and Sonic is fun to fight. After fighting Kinzer's Sonic, he's my favorite match-up.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
MalcomM is a great Sonic player. I've seen some of his vids and he practically toys with his opponents. He uses Sonic's running speed to his fullest.

Although, he's the only one doing this, so I don't think it'll be enough if I had to consider pushing Sonic to mid tier.

Top Bottom