• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Get Grabbed: Special Appearance by Gabriel Confirmed- March 15th - Vernon, CT

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
For Fox, lol. Should call this The Four Swords Presents: Fox's heaven. Lol. I guess I'll enter but do Fox only. Time to practice him hardcore in my hyperbolic timechamber.
I banned Jungle Japes just for you :(

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Jam, don't ban Jungle Japess!!!! I love that stageee. No johns and everything vs DJ, but I forgot all the tricksies Sheik can do on that stage. Bring it backkkk plox.

Hey Roman, let's actually play at this tournament.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It's definitely not an arbitrary decision to move certain stages around:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137382

I've never run a tournament with more than six counterpicks. Beyond that, banning is almost pointless because you're going to be left with a stage you really hate.

If people really want Japes, fine. But that will be it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
ok, well, I'm really not going to bring up another discussion about the word arbitrary on boards, but essentially if you're using that list as the jumping off point, it's arbitrary to remove a stage that wasn't even listed as questionable (Japes). w/e, I hadn't actually looked at the counterpick list until now, and japes is the only one that really should be on there if you're using sbr list minus questionable stages with DK 64 on the neutral list.

in summary, spawn, wtf, stop *****ing. This is actually an unbelievably standard stage list minus japes, which means that it's favor for fox is no more than any other tourney.

EDIT: Also, why the hell would you list Mute City along with Corneria and PF as busted Fox stages? Mute is generally not a good Fox stage, it's a Peach/Jiggs stage.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I just personally don't like Japes, that's the only reason it wasn't on the list. But like I said, people want it (SPAWN :mad:), so on the list it goes.

Roman.

Smash Champion
Jam, don't ban Jungle Japess!!!! I love that stageee. No johns and everything vs DJ, but I forgot all the tricksies Sheik can do on that stage. Bring it backkkk plox.

Hey Roman, let's actually play at this tournament.
im getting my license back soon so we'll play before this

Aesir

Smash Master
ok, well, I'm really not going to bring up another discussion about the word arbitrary on boards, but essentially if you're using that list as the jumping off point, it's arbitrary to remove a stage that wasn't even listed as questionable (Japes). w/e, I hadn't actually looked at the counterpick list until now, and japes is the only one that really should be on there if you're using sbr list minus questionable stages with DK 64 on the neutral list.

in summary, spawn, wtf, stop *****ing. This is actually an unbelievably standard stage list minus japes, which means that it's favor for fox is no more than any other tourney.

EDIT: Also, why the hell would you list Mute City along with Corneria and PF as busted Fox stages? Mute is generally not a good Fox stage, it's a Peach/Jiggs stage.
Thank you.

<3 you spawn but you really said stupid things just now lol. LOL @ Mute being good for fox?

I like the neutral stage system.

Can you still pick to go random?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, neither of them are "homo" persay... there's nothing implying that any of the aforementioned ideas are sexual attracted to other ideas of the same sex...

but as to whether it's boring and imbalances certain matchups, yes, playing on a much smaller set of stages (just FD) will do just that.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Not just spacies, Stadium rocks for Falcon also. That's why I love that stage, it's where I play my absolute best with both Fox and Falcon. I love every matchup for them on that stage.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
having only fd and dl doesnt imbalance the game at all. the characters who are good will still be good and the ones who suck will suck. the good characters' advantages jus arent amplified by stages
...says the peach player...

also, matchups like Falco vs. Marth become completely asstarded, since Falco has a big advantage on DL while Marth has a big advantage on FD (these are typically the 2 stages that players in this matchup strike from random), so a Bo3 just becomes who got their stage on the randomizer.

I mean, I suppose it doesn't imbalance the game exactly, but it certainly changes the balance and removes diversity from the gameplay.

<-- this guy's browser is strictly superior to McFox's

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I like the concept of counterpicks because it makes character diversity a worthwhile skill to have. If I am going to get ***** on a stage with Luigi I have a fox, falcon, young link and DK to at least give me a better chance.

Stages in melee matter more so than any other fighting game. Certain characters use platforms better. Having a large stage compared to a small one can help certain characters. Stage choice and stage strategy are crucial to smash. And removing or reducing that aspect lessens to overall game.

noodles

Smash Champion
LOL Mogwai is right. You love pokey because spacies **** it. Low ceilings are good for spacies and fox and Falco can be really gay there. Also, Fox has an infinite and Falco combos nicely on Pokey.
actually i dont like ps that much. the only stage(s) i can actually say i like is dl and floats. i just thought ps was the most neutral out of all the random stages. which i still think is the most neutral. fox kills early regardless of stages and not all foxes pewpew alot.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
actually i dont like ps that much. the only stage(s) i can actually say i like is dl and floats. i just thought ps was the most neutral out of all the random stages. which i still think is the most neutral. fox kills early regardless of stages and not all foxes pewpew alot.
uhg, no.

what you do has no bearing on whether a stage is balanced for Fox, the possibility for someone to exploit it for a significant advantage makes it unbalanced, so saying that not everyone with go PEWPEWPEW is like saying that not all Marths with CG you on FD, it doesn't matter.

and there's a very serious difference between what % Fox's Usmash/Uair kill at on PS as opposed to FD, BF, FoD, and DL.

Most neutral of the "neutrals" is almost certainly Battlefield and the only reason it isn't certainly is that the edges are pretty **** stupid, so FoD might be more balanced. Despite the fact that everyone seems to hate it for one reason or another.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha alright I'm down why not ^_^.

I haven't broken him out since friendlies at bullheaded and ever since then he's happy to come out all the time.

LOL @ your location btw.

Top Bottom