• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 4 Results - 6/19

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
YOSHQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ and anyone else who has videos upload them please and thank you + link me up. :3

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wow good **** lain for first. and grimace, kain, and ook/quik for 3rd 4th and 5th respectively. very proud of all you

metroid1117

Smash Master
Great pictures Metriod! What kind of camera did you use?
The camera I used was a Sony Cybershot, but I dropped it a while ago so some of the pictures came out blurry (the impact had knocked something loose).

By the way, I can't believe I forgot to leave a shout-out for Dajayman! It was too fun to play your Rawrizard again, you should enter next time if you have enough spare cash >.>. I can't believe we didn't get to play DDR :(. Try to make it to the next one!

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Shoutouts time! xD

I'm sorry if I forget anyone, sometimes it is difficult to remember everyone!

Brawl Singles - 39 Entrants

1: Lain ($228.00) - GGs! Haha So close! I enjoyed teaming with you too. I think we could become a really good team if we did it more often. MI represent <3 Also is was really fun riding with you and hanging out haha.
2: L Cancel ($114.00) - Wifi Olimar.
3: Grimace ($38.00) - GGs in winners finals! yeaaaah, the Oli MU is weird to play as snake! Maybe if we come more often to Illinois I can help you with it more. You're a really cool guy!
4: Kain- GGs in our MM. Don't worry about it though, the SDs changed the course of the match completely! You're definitely the best wolf I've ever played. Nice seeing you again. =)
5: Ook- I didn't play or meet you! what a shame D:
5: Quik - GGs. Your wario is really good! It was nice meeting you!!
7: Green Beast- GGs! Oli dittos are very stupid. xD It was nice meeting you! A fellow Oli player. =)
7: YoshQ- Maaaaan we still need to play! lol
9: Akashi- Akashi!! GGs in doubles. It was cool meeting you! You're a chill guy too! xD
9: Shugo is an illiterate black ****!!!!!!!!!!! - You had an off day! Don't worry though, you'll be back on top next time! Nice seeing you as usual. =)
9: Arty - GGs in singles! Your Falco is very unique and very good! Too bad Lain got DQ'd though, it made you fight him early in loser's. D: Nice meeting you!
13: BOX 7 - Haha we finally met! It was nice meeting you. =)
13: DLA - GGs in doubles. Nice seeing you again! =)
13: Metroid - Haha so we met in person! It is crazy you know my friend. It really is a small world!
17: Marshall - GGs in doubles. You really handled Lain and I. xD Next time we'll try to be more of a challenge. >:3
17: Xyless - MI Represent!! lol
17: Meneil - I was impressed by your Ike in our MM and doubles. It's really good! It was nice meeting you, you're a cool person. =)
25: Les Golrock - GGs in bracket! Close match on RC!
33: Amane - MI represent! xD Nice seeing you again.
33: Spongejordan - Omg Lucas! GGs in doubles!

Additional Shoutouts:

7FO - GGs in doubles! Nice meeting you!!

Kirk + Blind + Oro - The tourney was very well run! Thank you for still allowing us to enter doubles despite being late! I appreciate it. xD

Next time we'll try to make it on time. I hope we didn't delay the tourney too much. x:

Also, Thanks to everyone who congratulated me for placing well. I <3 you all. xD

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I forgot to leave shout outs for Dagayman and Kirk.

Kirk: thx for hosting! fun tourney as always
Dagayman: Those ook dittos were the best!

Aw man this was rly fun. I think i did pretty good for my first tourney, and i will deff be comin to a lot more in IL. Gotta represent oli for Illinois and also get better.

Anyway shout outs below vvv

Brawl Singles - 39 Entrants

1: Lain ($228.00) - Really wanted to play you but i did not get the chance =[ grats on first though
2: L Cancel ($114.00) - OH EM GEEEEEEEE L lol nice meeting you yo and close dittoes (yet they are indeed stupid) although i wish i would have won ONE MORE UP SMASH WOULDA DONE IT DX i will get my revenge
3: Grimace ($38.00) - AW MAN I GOTA PLAY YOU NEXT TIME IM RLY GOOD IN THE OLI SNAKE MU AND I CAN HELP YOU ON HOW TO FIGHT OLIS IF YOU COME TO MORE TOURNIES good stuff btw
4: Kain- ***** me T-T best wolf ever lol you too good, but im learnin the wolf mu and ima get you next time i promise. nice on forth though
5: Ook- I didn't play you! WHYYYYYYY oh well next time ook im comin for you >.<
5: Quik - You and 7fo did rly good in dubs i loved watchin you guys play
7: Green Beast- That's me and i hope i put out a name for my self in this tournament
7: YoshQ- Maaaaan we still need to play! lol but cf + cf in dubs = win in our team friendlies xD
9: Akashi- honestly one of the coolest guys there ALSO HAD THE BEST T SHIRT THERE!!! ggs btw also dont take me to halberd man i know that stage tooo well take me to frigate or brinstar lol
9: Shugo is an illiterate black ****!!!!!!!!!!! - i hatet hat you were right "YOU GOTA USE GREEN WHO EVER GETS GREEN OLI BETWEEN U AND L WILL WIN" and it happend hunger knows all lol. also we gota play 1v1
9: Arty - Only one game friendly =[ lul we gota play more i can help you in the oli falco mu because im rly good at it. GG
13: BOX 7 - Haha we finally met! YOU SCARED OF GHOSTS?!?!? lol you good man but you can do better im watchin you. also we gona **** in dubs next tournament
13: DLA - Need to play
13: Metroid - You fight for your friends huh? lol nice games man we should play more and teach me the ways of brawl-/+ also lol im in three of those pictures
17: Marshall - GGs learn the oli mu come get me next time. i know your better then what you showed me the way you were playing akashi... here is a hint though do not approach oli on the ground.
17: Meneil - why ddnt i take the time to play you i will never know >.< (is upset)
25: Les Golrock - Coolest nigg there. I bet you thought i was a scrub first match, then BOOM BOOM BOOM i increase the spam lol ggs man.

Special thanx to the TOs for a fun tourney!

Also "Who wears short shorts" "I wear short shorts" (directed at kirk lol)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
That's alright, now Ally knows to make it to the next one :p

As far as the tournament went... **** I really need to get better at MK dittos. I was getting really frustrated with my controller during my match with YoshQ but didn't want to john about it (I'm pretty sure everyone sick of hearing my controller johns)... thankfully I found a way to clean the buttons with a toothbrush so now my controller feels like brand new = no more controller johns from DLA

Also, I thought I was going to wreck Kain when I fought him in losers (we fought really early in losers for some reason), because our last match was close and I barely knew how to play MK. He learned the matchup a lot better though and he just outspaced and outpunished me... I definitely got a bit too cocky lol XD Thankfully he's a good guy and told me how to play the matchup afterwards... I'm coming for you next time :p

One last thing... please stop congratulating me for getting 13th guys lmao XD yall know I'm better than that

This was your first tourney? Wow, good ****. How did you practice for this? Come to the next one!
lol honestly wifi helped me with figuring out match ups, but what helped me being able to play well offline was leaving my bad wifi habits for good offline tactics that i found out by lurking in the olimar boards. then i used the tournament as a test to see how i used what i learned and where i can improve on, which i have been doing a lot since the tournament was over. So I'm ready for the next tournament now i think and i should do a little bit better i hope. And I'm happy with my results of this tournament as well =)

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
No offense, but the fact that IL has very little Olimar MU experience was also a big factor of why you and L_Cancel did so well.

Your Olinar is still legit though. :)
Come to more tournaments/smashfest so we can learn the MU. <3

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Before I forget, if anyone has videos of me, please upload and link me! :D I really need some new videos. LOL

No offense, but the fact that IL has very little Olimar MU experience was also a big factor of why you and L_Cancel did so well.

Your Olimar is still legit though. :)
Come to more tournaments/smashfest so we can learn the MU. <3

Meh I guess your right. Although me and L are still good olimars regardless though, and of course I'll come to more tourneys lol. (Kain seems to know the match up really well o_O)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Meh I guess your right. Although me and L are still good olimars regardless though, and of course I'll come to more tourneys lol. (Kain seems to know the match up really well o_O)
Yeah man WI/IL definitely needs more Olimar experience cause we have pretty much none right now. 7th is good though, no one's trying to trash your placing :p

Let's get some friendlies next tournament so I can learn how to fight that annoying little martian

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Yeah man WI/IL definitely needs more Olimar experience cause we have pretty much none right now. 7th is good though, no one's trying to trash your placing :p

Let's get some friendlies next tournament so I can learn how to fight that annoying little martian
The last Oli I remember was Hunger's in pools back in... February?

Top Bottom