• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't be shy! Have fun!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
It's been awhile since l actually made a useful thread, so l figured l'll make one, after the complaining l got from some people.

Now it's a weird title, l know, it sorta "is" a luigi related topic, but more in the lines of like a life lesson so bear with me.

I've noticed with the Luigi homies, mostly the new-comers to the tourney scene, are really shy sometimes, l don't blame them. Most of the Luigi's are wifi-warriors, and they can't go to tourneys most of the time, due to parent restrictions, being at a younger age, transportation problems, and money problems etc. But when you do make it to the tourney you've always been dying for, DON'T BE SHY IN MEETING PEOPLE ESP YOUR FELLOW LUIGI BROTHERS!

Going to tourneys are one of the better experiences of your life because you meet many different people esp if it's nationals because you get 3 days of non-stop fun. But l've had someone tell me they couldn't meet this person, because they were too shy, or they couldn't find them, etc. THERE ARE NO JOHNS I hate hearing, " dam man, l was watching M2k beat the living hell outta this girl in friendlies, l really wished l asked him for advice on my SuperKnight". No johns kiddo, everyone in tourneys are human beings like you, and the smash community is always nice, just kindly ask if you want friendlies, or just introduce yourself, talk like you do have a social life.

I'm usually chill with everyone on the board(s), don't be afraid to talk to me and (your luigi homies!) ask for friendlies at a tourney, Biglou and Boss, are always down to chill, they're amazingly nice, they're luigi brothers and humans like you, not to mention, you both hate the LIVING **** OUTTA PIECE OF **** META-KNIGHT. That's already a common interest you have! =D.

Another thing is, never assume, or expect anything. You see someone offering rides, and your thinking (awwh man, i'm probably to far from him thats why i can't get to tourneys) don't give me that bs. You kindly ask , if you can get a ride. In the smash community, you must actively do everything on your own you will never get anywhere by complaining , don't expect ppl to spoon feed you. Go look around your regional zones threads, and look around if people live near you and can possibly train with u and/or give you a ride!

I love the Luigi Community (and Mario =P) l want to see it constantly grow, just like our meta-game. If you wanna be in this picture, then come to ****ing tourneys, venture out to the world of Smash, beat the living **** outta Meta-knights :laugh:

tl;dr - if you skipped the whole thing just to read this, then you have no patience for this game.
- don't be shy, meet new people, talk to them, they're human like you.
- don't assume or expect anything, you never know what may happen, you have to constantly do your part, and search around, your not gonna be spoon fed.
- this more of a life lesson, it'll help you in the future with your people's skills.
- have fun!! that's what Smash is all about right? =)

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
;_;......

Aight nice post* ....

Can't really think of anything to actually say atm..but..You are right about everything on what you said.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'd go...cept every single tournament is far outta location :/

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh, today I told my best friend I'd buy her a train ticket to NY if she asked to our English teacher 'what does mother****er mean ?'

She almost did it.

It's all mindgames, bros.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
im a friendly guy and i hav always been on the luigi boards just in the shadows and the olny weegee i chill wit is boss he lives not to far from my house and when i goto tourneys i meet and take numbers when ever i can im always down to chill but only on my off days. hes right you never know who is going to make you better by meeting them dont be shy give it a try.

YoureTrash

Smash Rookie
It's been awhile since l actually made a useful thread, so l figured l'll make one, after the complaining l got from some people.

Now it's a weird title, l know, it sorta "is" a luigi related topic, but more in the lines of like a life lesson so bear with me.

I've noticed with the Luigi homies, mostly the new-comers to the tourney scene, are really shy sometimes, l don't blame them. Most of the Luigi's are wifi-warriors, and they can't go to tourneys most of the time, due to parent restrictions, being at a younger age, transportation problems, and money problems etc. But when you do make it to the tourney you've always been dying for, DON'T BE SHY IN MEETING PEOPLE ESP YOUR FELLOW LUIGI BROTHERS!

Going to tourneys are one of the better experiences of your life because you meet many different people esp if it's nationals because you get 3 days of non-stop fun. But l've had someone tell me they couldn't meet this person, because they were too shy, or they couldn't find them, etc. THERE ARE NO JOHNS I hate hearing, " dam man, l was watching M2k beat the living hell outta this girl in friendlies, l really wished l asked him for advice on my SuperKnight". No johns kiddo, everyone in tourneys are human beings like you, and the smash community is always nice, just kindly ask if you want friendlies, or just introduce yourself, talk like you do have a social life.

I'm usually chill with everyone on the board(s), don't be afraid to talk to me and (your luigi homies!) ask for friendlies at a tourney, Biglou and Boss, are always down to chill, they're amazingly nice, they're luigi brothers and humans like you, not to mention, you both hate the LIVING ** OUTTA PIECE OF ** META-KNIGHT. That's already a common interest you have! =D.

Another thing is, never assume, or expect anything. You see someone offering rides, and your thinking (awwh man, i'm probably to far from him thats why i can't get to tourneys) don't give me that bs. You kindly ask , if you can get a ride. In the smash community, you must actively do everything on your own you will never get anywhere by complaining , don't expect ppl to spoon feed you. Go look around your regional zones threads, and look around if people live near you and can possibly train with u and/or give you a ride!

I love the Luigi Community (and Mario =P) l want to see it constantly grow, just like our meta-game. If you wanna be in this picture, then come to *ing tourneys, venture out to the world of Smash, beat the living * outta Meta-knights :laugh:

tl;dr - if you skipped the whole thing just to read this, then you have no patience for this game.
  • don't be shy, meet new people, talk to them, they're human like you.
  • don't assume or expect anything, you never know what may happen, you have to constantly do your part, and search around, your not gonna be spoon fed.
  • this more of a life lesson, it'll help you in the future with your people's skills.
  • have fun!! that's what Smash is all about right? =)

Stay gone, you lame spammy garbage lmfao. Nobody wants you back.

Top Bottom