• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DON'T be negative!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
out of EVERYBODY,

I think I am the MOST mad about this

But to say things like "I hate nintendo, I am pirating games, I won't buy Smash 4"

is going to hurt everybody in the scene, when THIS DECISION WAS PROBABLY MADE BY ONE PERSON , NOT AN ENTIRE COMPANY OF HARD-WORKERS
I wanted to be a future smash streamer for Smash 4 (and still do) . I'll do this at www.twitch.tv/mew2king when I get enough followers/subscribers (currently I use /clashtournaments and /pbnj23 ), and will post updates at www.facebook.com/mewtwoking for ALL of my future ANYTHING

I'm not gonna lie.
this killed my hype for Evo a LOT. LIKE A LOT. I don't even want to enter anymore. And now finals are at 2 PM on Saturday? (is this true?) That's not even POSSIBLE.
(I'm using internet wifi about to get to my plane to vegas)

I will probably be moving to Seattle soon to work for Nintendo at Aerotek of Nintendo of America, probably (Melvin said "if you move to Seattle, you got the job", to me at E3, so we'll see what happens). It would just be for QA and game testing

BUT

Even though I'm not a programmer or artist. I DO intend to move up the corporate ladder however I can possible, so I can gain POWER for this company

I want to make the Smash series the best series POSSIBLE

I've probably played the Smash series in total over 10,000 hours. All I wanted to do most of my life is play it, be the best at it, and MAKE it.

But it seems Nintendo has no problem making them, but more of a problem with their authority not making proper decisions

My life goal, since a few months ago but ESPECIALLY now, is to make Smash 4 and all future smash events as competitively good as possible. I don't know if I can even reach this goal, but I will work hard to make it happen

DON'T be negative anymore. I actually regret making the negative posts I have, since this is all the decision of one person, not an entire company. (and THOSE people would be hurt more than the probably-rich decision-maker in all of this).

Boarding plane to Vegas now (literally right now).

DaTalkingFrog

Smash Rookie
Seriously this. I see hashtags like #****Nintendo going around and that doesn't make the situation any better! We should try to be as professional as we can, regardless of how pissed we are.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'll be nice until the tournament comes and goes and there's no stream.

After that **** nice, it's war. I'm gonna book a flight to Japan and egg a building or something.

#slashtheheadofnintendoofamerica'stires

Vale

Smash Ace
Even if it doesn't change, we'll be able to watch videos of all the matches after it is over on YouTube, right?

pelotaz0

Smash Cadet
I think we can be a little mad, I feel like an inocent sent to prision with no reasons. This cannot be a decision of all the company, but it's in its name.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
nothing I said was a joke btw

and nothing was a lie

I intend to put my super best effort towards my goals for this

This is WAY bigger than me lol

I want to save my community since it's been my entire life and all of my friends for the past 8 years

small changes can really make that happen, in terms of both game design and corporate decision-making with things like this

I also planned and still plan to do streams for Smash, megaman, and other random things now, and in the future. (those are in my sig)

Don't do hashtag negative things though. DON'T.
Don't say I won't buy smash 4 cuz of ONE person's decision

one person =/= nintendo

it's just how it works

people lose their JOBS if their game doesn't sell

you think people that graduate want their games not to sell so they get less income for their work?

don't punish the community, smashboards, gamers, and everyone else at nintendo, because of one person's decision

it's unfortunate, and that's IT

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
I learned a few new things about M2K today. I didn't know he had such Smash ambition. I'll be at EVO watching the games and cheering him on.

There's still a touch of "we know better than them" in his words, but overall, it's a good message.

Jun.

Smash Lord
This is the most reasonable thing I've ever seen Mew2king post online.

Man this fiasco is really going places.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I have to disagree, we can't back-down. Nintendo has made tons of ****ty missteps. We need to speak up and confront them. It worked for Microsoft, it worked for Nintendo's Rainfall, we need it to work again.

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
What a great post Mew2King. You did the right thing in such a reactive situation like this. Huge Respect :)

Sedda

Smash Champion
We're allowed to be mad. That's human nature. This was such a big opportunity, and by doing this they gain nothing and we lose SO MUCH.

Let the fans bark, and let them hate. Nintendo deserves it.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
stuff (again)
Posting it again? Really? Well, here's my same reply.

Totally disagree. We absolutely should punish the entire company for the actions of one employee. All employees compose the entity that is Nintendo. The action of banning streaming has deeper ramifications that you can possibly imagine. Why should I pour my heart and soul into growing the local smash community if it will only be cut down the instant it becomes slightly "too big"? Nintendo can throw around legal jargon all it wants. IP this. Rights that. The smash community goes out every day and brings people into the cause. We work tirelessly to learn everything about the game. We show others the depth and beauty of the game and convince them to buy the game. We want more people in the community. We do more good than Nintendo could ever know. This legal move only solidifies what we knew all along: Nintendo hates competitive players. Stripping Melee of its depth was not enough. Now, Nintendo has to act jealous of its own creation. Why didn't Brawl make it to EVO? Because people wanted Melee more. That doesn't bode well for an even newer smash game.

Nintendo can die in a fire. It's extra cowardly the way Nintendo has tried to silently kill the streams. Why not put out a blog post explaining its position? Why ignore the fans? Why not defend the decision?

Reldasekul

Smash Rookie
NNID
Reldasekul
Just stream it on the sly on another Twitch account or use another form of streaming, but not affiliated with Evo or clash have its title just look like some average guy playing smash OR even title it as another game xD

GU$

Smash Rookie
M2k seems to have the right attitude towards it at this point all we can do is speak our minds calmly and respectfully

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Trust me, i'm one of the biggest Nintendo nerds ever. I even bought the Wii U day one, which I regret. However, this is horrible. We need to bash them into the ground until they fix this. We need to be loud and yell at the top of our lungs to tell Nintendo what they did wrong. It always seems Nintendo is behind the times. With the youtube, with the region lock, and now this. We need to make a stand!

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
M2K has the right idea. Doing the whole "BOYCOTT NINTENDO RAWR RAWR RAWR" thing will get us nowhere but worse off. It will makes us look like petulant children. We just have to tackle this calmly.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Express yourself angrily with the twitter tags, if anything, but sending an angry email, especially if you mention boycotting, is not likely to be productive at all.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
Even if it doesn't change, we'll be able to watch videos of all the matches after it is over on YouTube, right?
That's the main reason Nintendo is doing it because you can't gain revenue off of their game. So that means you can't have a stream that you can pay to chat or a youtube video that you'll get paid from how many viewers you have of that video. Pretty much if you ain't at Evo2k13 you ain't seeing none of that footage son. This is serious business that could get people sued.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Competitive Smash is the way I enjoy Smash the most. If there is no evolution planned for this game on a competitive point of view, and if they intend to shut down any attempt we make at it, there is much less appeal to buying the next game and moving on to it.
So yes, this is a make or break situation for me.

However, I've been confident in Nintendo's decision making for the past 5 years. I cannot help but be optimistic about the matter. I'm not easy to disappoint, you could say.

Nintendo, you still have two days to fix this situation, and I am, as always, counting on you.

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
We're allowed to be mad. That's human nature. This was such a big opportunity, and by doing this they gain nothing and we lose SO MUCH.

Let the fans bark, and let them hate. Nintendo deserves it.
My question is will Nintendo attack Apex like they just did Evo?

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
Competitive Smash is the way I enjoy Smash the most. If there is no evolution planned for this game on a competitive point of view, and if they intend to shut down any attempt we make at it, there is much less appeal to buying the next game and moving on to it.
So yes, this is a make or break situation for me.

However, I've been confident in Nintendo's decision making for the past 5 years. I cannot help but be optimistic about the matter. I'm not easy to disappoint, you could say.

Nintendo, you still have two days to fix this situation, and I am, as always, counting on you.
I'm sad that the players/fans of smash raised $94,000 in donations for breast cancer to have their favorite game added to Evo2k13. It's sad that the players that donated to the cause won't be able to view the event from home.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo has betrayed all its followers, this is unbelievable.

#****Them

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
You have a point, I'm sorry =(
It's fine, you were just stating a respectable opinion, it's just that we want Nintendo to see us as mature and able to handle ourselves in situations such as these, with or without them. This attitude may or may not swing Nintendo's judgement in our favour, we'll just have to see =)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
out of EVERYBODY,

I think I am the MOST mad about this

But to say things like "I hate nintendo, I am pirating games, I won't buy Smash 4"

is going to hurt everybody in the scene, when THIS DECISION WAS PROBABLY MADE BY ONE PERSON , NOT AN ENTIRE COMPANY OF HARD-WORKERS
I wanted to be a future smash streamer for Smash 4 (and still do) . I'll do this at www.twitch.tv/mew2king when I get enough followers/subscribers (currently I use /clashtournaments and /pbnj23 ), and will post updates at www.facebook.com/mewtwoking for ALL of my future ANYTHING

I'm not gonna lie.
this killed my hype for Evo a LOT. LIKE A LOT. I don't even want to enter anymore. And now finals are at 2 PM on Saturday? (is this true?) That's not even POSSIBLE.
(I'm using internet wifi about to get to my plane to vegas)

I will probably be moving to Seattle soon to work for Nintendo at Aerotek of Nintendo of America, probably (Melvin said "if you move to Seattle, you got the job", to me at E3, so we'll see what happens). It would just be for QA and game testing

BUT

Even though I'm not a programmer or artist. I DO intend to move up the corporate ladder however I can possible, so I can gain POWER for this company

I want to make the Smash series the best series POSSIBLE

I've probably played the Smash series in total over 10,000 hours. All I wanted to do most of my life is play it, be the best at it, and MAKE it.

But it seems Nintendo has no problem making them, but more of a problem with their authority not making proper decisions

My life goal, since a few months ago but ESPECIALLY now, is to make Smash 4 and all future smash events as competitively good as possible. I don't know if I can even reach this goal, but I will work hard to make it happen

DON'T be negative anymore. I actually regret making the negative posts I have, since this is all the decision of one person, not an entire company. (and THOSE people would be hurt more than the probably-rich decision-maker in all of this).

Boarding plane to Vegas now (literally right now).
That's a truly nice post there Jason. I'd like to ask how will you effect Smash 4 if you possibly get the job regarding it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom