• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong+ (Currently 1 DK)

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
DK vs Falco in Brawl+ makes me cry.
Do you mean he ***** or gets *****? I'm guessing the later, lol.

My opinion is that DK fights Falco MUCH better than Fox. I think so at the moment at least. Getting up close to Falco can shut him down hard, and he is nowhere as fast as Fox at escaping.

Fox I HATE fighting as DK, but I'm getting better with it. The problem I have is the same Fox can do to a lot of characters, most likely fatties more so than others. That problem is that he'll laser camp you from a distance until you mess up an approaching attack. Once that attack of yours misses Fox comes in for big, mean, combos, or an Usmash. >_<

*EDIT*
Something that I think might be useful, I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say much, is to Up-B grounded towards a Fox/Falco -> tech chase them when they fall over -> grab, cargo Uthrow Uair/Bair -> edge guard win! Maybe that'd work well? I'll be sure to try that more against my friend that plays Fox.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
^That vid probably doesn't matter anymore as Falco can no longer SHDL. Just look at it's date: 4-28-09. That's months ago. =/

Revven

FrankerZ
How has DK changed in GSH2? Probably not a whole lot, I haven't touched the set yet, once I do I'll likely make another post about it. But, for anyone who's tried DK in GSH2, how does he feel? Anything specifically different that I need to change in the OP?

Brennus

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or is DK total *** in the new patch? He just seems like an underpowered bowser. He can't combo very well and he dies way too easily. T

Would it be so overpowered to have some characters auto-snap to ledges? DK and Ike could really use it.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Dk is the same as he has always been in the other games: fun to play for giglges.

I don't Dk has too much of a problem combing as is for a character his size and hitting power, the problem is that his recovery is pretty much footstool bait which gets you killed with how little vertical recovery he has. Or you get punished hard if you don't space your up b just right to grab the ledge instead of spinning like a moron into it. Auto snap for this would greatly help.

Roblin

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm fairly new to playing brawl and I've decided to have donkey kong as my main. Any good hints at learning him?

Top Bottom