• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Confirmed

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
****! >_<;

I wanted to make an uber awesome Donkey Kong confirmation thread with me being happy he doesn't has his goofy, ugly, toothy Jungle Beat model but you beat me to it I guess...

He DOES look nice though, seems nothing has really changed from his Melee design, which pleases me. :) Now gimme a Smashbros.com update before I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks and I'm happy...

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
Yeah I think tommorrow will be the DK update. This entire week has been craptastic updates so far, so this will be a nice change. DK does look pretty nice. I'm glad they didn't make him over furry in an attempt to make him more realistic (people do that sometimes).

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Yeah I think tommorrow will be the DK update. This entire week has been craptastic updates so far, so this will be a nice change. DK does look pretty nice. I'm glad they didn't make him over furry in an attempt to make him more realistic (people do that sometimes).
i agree with the comment about companies making characters look more furry in an effort to make them look more realistic, but that video is so crappy in its quality that it is almost impossible to tell how furry DK really is. :)

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
Finally my main is confirmed.

I mean I think we all knew he would be in but still, good to finally see him,
hope we get a update on the website about him this week. And I hope they
give us more brawl info/a better trailer before the week is over.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Yay. Monkey Punching Bag is back. J/K--Always glad to have DK back.

I didn't like the announcer for Smash Brothers. His voice kind of bugged me. Meh.

Anyway, back to DK--you know what would be fun? Customizing his ties. XD You know, like, outside of alternate colors? Bow ties probably wouldn't look good on DK, though.

Gea

Smash Master
Here is a slightly better pic.

And lawl to all those people saying that wasn't Din's Fire before.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
That caught me by surprise when I first saw this on live TV! I was like... Thats Donkey Kong!!!!!! 0_0
Its good to know he's back.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
I just hope he just suddenly became an Assist Trophy. That would be awful. -_-
who, Donkey Kong???
i cant see that happening...
though he isnt any longer a PC in the Mario Party franchise...
nahh...
hehe...
im just playing around...
hes definitely still gotta be a PC in Brawl...

The Director

Smash Lord
From the tiny little clip we saw today it's become clear that they've chosen DK's SNES model for his inclusion in Brawl.

This is great! Just another point in my argument that they're really looking back to Nintendo's glory days and taking a lot from the SNES era.

Tonight's update needs to be DK! As we've learned nobody can predict what these updates will be, but if DK's one of the new characters in this trailer (which is obviously already confirmed, atleast his inclusion in E3) then we should get his update soon...atleast I hope so!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
Tonight's update needs to be DK! As we've learned nobody can predict what these updates will be, but if DK's one of the new characters in this trailer (which is obviously already confirmed, atleast his inclusion in E3) then we should get his update soon...atleast I hope so!
or they can be doing another yoshi everything shows he's in there but we won't reveal yet

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
While I can make out Donkey Kong, I can't clearly make out his graphic details due to the image size. So DK looks more cartoon-ish then having realistic looking fur like in some of his GC games? Maybe tomorrow the site will update him where we will get a much cleaner look at him, but right now, who really knows what's going on with these updates. I feel like he's giving us minor information just so a new trailer can show up sometime this week.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
who, Donkey Kong???
i cant see that happening...
though he isnt any longer a PC in the Mario Party franchise...
nahh...
hehe...
im just playing around...
hes definitely still gotta be a PC in Brawl...

Oh crap. I meant to say NOT an Assist Trophy!

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm.............. i wonder what his final smash will be?
although im happy that hes back :) though i hate it when i fight him in melee :mad:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Oh crap! My main has been CONFIRMED!!!!!!

I already knew it was gonna happen though.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i really want him to do a slam/machinegun punch/ clap combo

or he can just go crazy

or this is really out there but he can shoot himself out of a barrel cannon like mario tennis

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I love Donkey Kong's new look. That's mainly because I never liked his Melee look; it wasn't like how I saw him in other video games. In brawl he's more traditional and it really pulls at your roots in his games on the SNES.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Was it just me, or did DK look closer to his "Classic" appearance?
From the DK country games?
Coz thats great, the REAL donkeyKong. :D

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
DK's Final Smash:
Scaffolding grows up behind the stage and DK hitches a ride up away from the fray to hurl massive exploding barrels down on the remaining opponents.

Eh, it would be classic if nothing else.

Sensai

Smash Master
Isn't there some thread about confirmed characters?

Like...a place we could discuss them? Maybe...a second thread of this sorts?

Man. Probably not. But it sounds like a good idea. You know what I'd call it? 'Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2).' Or something similar.

Heh...as if THAT'D ever happen.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong? In Super Smash Bros? That's insane! Who could have possibly seen this one coming (besides everyone....)

I'm estatic. DK is easily one of my favorite Smash characters and from what little we've seen of his new look, it's pretty great.

ALL HAIL THE KING OF SWING!

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
And it's up.

All three major pieces of Press Conference info in one compact update--DK, the release date, and the tiny clip. Fur is looking good, my man. Here's to hoping you brought your nephew along, too.

Top Bottom