• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Confirmed

blayde_axel

Smash Master
What I meant was although he sounds ecstatic... it sounds kinda fake.

Also... I hate it when they only point out the positives... of course I would too, but I haven't found a game besides Twilight Princess... and Super Paper Mario... maybe DBZ (MAYBE!) that I found depth in... other than that, it was just mini-game crap. But he pretty much said that hardcore gamers would enjoy those games as much as... my grandmother?

Anyway, off topic.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or did the site update sooner then usual?

Now that we have a much better look at DK, I say he's pretty good looking with the much more realistic fur and everything.

Poor Zelda :laugh: , I guess DK just can't get enough of stealing women away from guys. Link, being the pimp that he is, seems to be wasting no time getting right on the case.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I LOVE THIS NEW LOOK! <3

DK's deffinatly my main again, **** Link! :D

spike9407

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or did the site update sooner then usual?

Now that we have a much better look at DK, I say he's pretty good looking with the much more realistic fur and everything.

Poor Zelda :laugh: , I guess DK just can't get enough of stealing women away from guys. Link, being the pimp that he is, seems to be wasting no time getting right on the case.
Yeah it did. Pokemon Stadium is in the game.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
DK's Final Smash:
Scaffolding grows up behind the stage and DK hitches a ride up away from the fray to hurl massive exploding barrels down on the remaining opponents.

Eh, it would be classic if nothing else.
No joke, I had this EXACT same idea about an hour ago--before I had even read this post! Great minds think alike, eh?

Oh, and by the way, DK looks AWESOME! Thus far, all the character models are vastly improved over Melee in a way that is nigh unbelievable. First Zelda, now DK. I can't wait to see who's next! (Peach, please).

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Nice to see the big monkey back!
Lovin the pic of him carrying off Zelda. LOZ version of DK arcade anyone:laugh:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Question to DK players: what is he doing in the PS picture? The closest I can think of is the headbutt.

Also, notice how his skin-tone drastically changes based on lighting.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
No joke, I had this EXACT same idea about an hour ago--before I had even read this post! Great minds think alike, eh?

Oh, and by the way, DK looks AWESOME! Thus far, all the character models are vastly improved over Melee in a way that is nigh unbelievable. First Zelda, now DK. I can&apos;t wait to see who&apos;s next! (Peach, please).
I dont play as Peach, but I hope she comes back(I think she will), but I really hope for the Ice Climbers the most.

GO popo!!! :)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Question to DK players: what is he doing in the PS picture? The closest I can think of is the headbutt.

Also, notice how his skin-tone drastically changes based on lighting.
Definitely could be the beginning of the smashB.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the PS pic might be his new standing pose?

Nice DK model btw, I was really hoping they weren't going to use the ugly Jungle Beat model.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
if ps is the top right picture then i believe that's his new/old stance of charging B

edit: no it can't be dk is lefthanded so i'll also say start of b side

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
THANK HEAVENS DK HAS FUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After seeing the face on that horrifyingly fur-less Fox model I was scared to death that DK was going to be some kind of freakish naked monster. Sakurai be praised for proving me wrong.

>phew<

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
THANK HEAVENS DK HAS FUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After seeing the face on that horrifyingly fur-less Fox model I was scared to death that DK was going to be some kind of freakish naked monster. Sakurai be praised for proving me wrong.

>phew<
Amen to that, smash brother. Now, if they could only fix Fox. . . :laugh:

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
It looks to me like they've finally fixed his dash attack. A nice slap FTW.

BTW, the characters look scaled too big on this stage. Bridge of Eldin should be a lot wider to them I think.

burrito

Smash Lord
BTW, the characters look scaled too big on this stage. Bridge of Eldin should be a lot wider to them I think.
Scale has always been off in Smash Bros. Check out Fourside or Corneria in Melee. How are the arwings supposed to fit in that Great Fox? It's way off.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yeah, even Rainbow Road, Big Blue/Mute City, Onett, and Peach's Castle

DK's eyes look really bug-eyed, like he's either really interested in something or he's had too much to drink.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Scale has always been off in Smash Bros. Check out Fourside or Corneria in Melee. How are the arwings supposed to fit in that Great Fox? It's way off.
But the Haliberd and Isle Defino looked like they were in scale.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
just to tell you that look like dk's forward a tilt therefore i'm assuming it is
he also doesn't look like he's dashing

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
And lawl to all those people saying that wasn't Din's Fire before.
yea and lawl to all those that think even tho she has some of her old moves, that she'll still have her sheik form :laugh:

but yea DK's eyes are looking pretty crazy...is this his old school look? he looks dope either way

Sensai

Smash Master
Hideous, that's definitely not a dash attack. Well, I guess it could be...but my guess is that it's his Ftilt. Y'know...the one that looks exactly like that in the current game.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Hideous, that's definitely not a dash attack. Well, I guess it could be...but my guess is that it's his Ftilt. Y'know...the one that looks exactly like that in the current game.
I thoughts so too, but look at his stance and look at the dust behind him. Meh, you're prolly right. If Sakurai did change the move (because it is horrible), he would have made it something different looking than his ftilt at least. I would change it to his roll from DKC and DK64. One of DK's most classic moves, and it isn't even included in Smash... tsk tsk.

Oh and yeah, I agree that those eyes look bad. He doesn't look lifelike with them. It reminds me of this one DK plush of my brothers, except the plush looks more alive.

Sensai

Smash Master
I hadn't even noticed the eyes until you guys started talking about it, but you're completely right, haha.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ah, yes... it looks like I'll be playing with DK soon. Next, maybe they'll make Bowser playable. lol. jk.

BTW, do you guys remember when Sakurai said something about Young Link, Ice Climbers, and Game and Watch not being in Brawl?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
BTW, do you guys remember when Sakurai said something about Young Link, Ice Climbers, and Game and Watch not being in Brawl?
He never said that. Peach is next.

Top Bottom