• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Done with characters from Melee?

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
No no no

Currently thje Dojo shows 16 characters. These 16 are all characters that have never needed to be unlocked. We likely won't see more than this anytime soon.(read before Smash Day)

Theoretically speakin; The last new character slot is likely the last 3rd party character. In addition the currently shown 1st party newcomers will possibly not be unlockable.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Falcon is F-Zero's main character.
They wouldn't bother putting a series in the game without a Main Character.

Fire Emblem DOESN'T have a main character as far as I'm aware, so it doesn't matter what they do with that series.

Also give me some humble pie I win because Sakurai is going to get Falcon Punched in the balls by fans if he's not in the game. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
Doc is gone.

Falco is gone.

Game & Watch will be back

Ganandorf will be back, new moveset. Final Smash will be Dark Beast Ganon from Twilight Princess.

Luigi will be back with the Poltergeist 3000 or whatever it was called.

Marth is gone.

Roy is gone.

Captain Falcon is gone, replaced by Black Shadow.

Pichu is gone.

Young Link will either be replaced by Wind Waker Link, or Majora's Mask Link. Majora's Mask Link would be best (transformations as well as a Fierce Deity Link Final Smash)

Sheik will return. There have been so few Zelda updates. They wouldn't keep us guessing just to tell us she's gone.

I don't know about Mewtwo.
I would have to agree with this except for CF being gone. He was way to popular in Melee to be taken out.

Even though I don't like it I am begining to think that Marth will not return :urg:. Guess I'll just have to pick up a new main.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Wasn't Black Shadow eventually replaced by Ganondorf in Melee? Makes sense.

Regardless, if any character from F-Zero joins the Brawl alongside Falcon, it'll be Black Shadow, and it'll be with a revised version of Ganondorf's moveset (or who knows, maybe the exact same thing).

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm happy people agree with my claims, minus the Captain Falcon claim of course, but that was to be expected.

Like I said, I know it's an outrageous claim, that's exactly why I made it and am standing by it. My one friend Taylor feels the same way as most of you do, but every time there's another Dojo update that isn't Captain Falcon, he gets more and more worried. Ahaha.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem DOESN'T have a main character as far as I'm aware
Marth. He is the "face" of FE.

Like I said, I know it's an outrageous claim
No, it's a stupid claim and will never happen. It's like replacing Mario with Petey Pirahna.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It was said in an interview years back that no clones would return for Brawl.
This is not only a rumor, but an alredy proven WRONG rumor.

That rumor also said Sakurai said in the interview that Ice Climbers were out (which they are not) Doc was out and Bowser JR in and Young Link was replaced by WW Link.

Anyways, if you heard it from some other rumor which is not the one posted above, let me make it clear that Sakurai has never said that he does not want any clones back.

Doc quote
He is probably not returning. Mario's F-Air became a little too similar to Doc's too.

Falco = Clone. Further proof of his deconfirmation: Fox was nerfed.
How is this a deconfirmation? The aspects of Fox that were nerfed, were not (in Melee) and are not (in Brawl) similar to Falco's, they are completely different.

And being a clone does not mean he is out as already proven wrong above.

Game & Watch = He might come back, since he was unique. But was he popular amongst Smash players? Possible proof of his deconfirmation: Wario looks to be the new "silly character that can still kick your ***" in Brawl.

Japanese people said Wario was de-weirded in the sense that he does not look as weird as he did, but now plays more "smoothly". Even if he did not this is in no way a de-confirmation.

Ganondorf = Clone. Personally, I hope he returns with a unique moveset. He's got both the potential and the popularity.

Luigi = See Ganondorf.

Both of these will return. No doubt.

Marth = Broken. I want him to come back (he was unique and popular), but only if he's heavily nerfed. Possible proof of his deconfirmation:

1. Metaknight. Let's face it: he is basically the new, fixed, Marth.

2. Ike. Where's the sense in including a character like him and Marth in the same game? Ike would instantly become the new Roy.
Marth is not broken. He might be slightly nerfed if he came back, but not as much as you imply.

1. Huh? No. Metaknight is in no way a new fixed Marth. Metaknight plays NOTHING like Marth, being a Multi-Jump light weight, plus having no move that is like Marth's. Metaknights specials are making tornadoes and drill whirlwinds out of his fast movements. And a small teleportation, plus some really quick - non-knockback combos. Marth has nothing of those.

2. Again. No. Ike plays NOTHING as Roy, or Marth for that matter. If Ike is as slow as people like Gimpy say then noone will play him anyways. But moveset wise, he would never become a "new Roy". His abilities differ completely (except for his down + b). His charged b is different in the term that he does not "swing" the sword, he cleaves it. His Up + B is way different, going only up and down, his Side + B is a mix between Fox's Side + B and Luigi's Side + B. His combos are nothing like Roy or Marths, being not combos, but just powerful hits which are packed with invulnerability frames, something Melee didn't have to help out its slower but powerful characters.

Mewtwo = See Game & Watch.
?

Pichu = Clone. And Pikachu is more popular anyway.
Agreed, not returning

Roy = Clone. Further proof of his deconfirmation: he's unpopular amongst FE and Smash fans and he was mediocre to the point of being unplayable as compared to Marth.
No chance.

Sheik = Zelda is confirmed, so don't count out Sheik just yet. I hope he gets nerfed if he comes back, though.
Sheik is a she. And Sheik = Zelda is confirmed? When was this? Sheik is not confirmed yet, so she can still not make it into the game, but she will probably make it.

CF = There's no reason for him to be removed, unless they wanted to give Ganondorf his moveset, which would be pretty lame IMO. I'm sure he'll be back.
Ganondorf will get his new moveset, CF will be back with his old one.

Jigglypuff = *shrug* Jigglypuff was unique, but then we now have Metaknight. Something tells me Jigglypuff won't return.
Huh? What the hell does Metaknight have to do with Jigglypuff? Just because there is another ball-like character Jiggly won't return? So then maybe we shouldn't get any new characters as there are already too many human-like characters.

Jigglypuff is original, has a very unique style, has been in the last 2 games and just adds to the game. She might not make it, but chances are she will.

Young Link = Clone. And there is absolutely NO reason why he ought to return, as WW Link or any other form.
W/E, thats your opinion.

Alright, I'll give you an example. Falco vs. Krystal, as the second Star Fox character in Brawl, and which one has a more likely chance of being in the game.

Now, since they wanted to represent the SF series since the very first game, including Fox was a must. However, this immediately presented a problem: Star Fox Adventures was released after SSB64, and even after Melee, and until it was released Fox had never done anything outside of fly his Arwing. So, for him, they had to create a moveset from scratch. Logically speaking, somebody who is a trained pilot in a futuristic version of the Air Force, and a mercenary, is likely to be at least somewhat trained in hand-to-hand and gun combat as well. Hence, Fox's moveset.

But now we come to Melee, and Falco. Falco faces the same problem that Fox faced before SFA: that within the parameters of his universe he doesn't do anything other than fly a ship. How do we know that Falco is also a martial artist? How do we know that he carries a blaster? We don't. For all we know, outside of his ship Falco could be a total p****. But, since Fox was somewhat changed from his 64 incarnation, they simply decided to make Falco be a "classic Fox". Hence, a clone with some of Fox's original attributes, notably the old blaster.

And now we have Brawl. Fox and Falco are known to Smash players, and since SFA we have had another character, one who is simply bursting with potential as a Smash character: Krystal (I'll tell you why later). Falco is a clone, and it is highly unlikely, given what has been said and what we've seen on the Dojo, that clones will exist in Brawl. Falco, in order to not be a clone, would have to be given a new moveset (also, they wouldn't be able to give him either of Fox's old movesets and accompanying attributes because the Brawl Fox has been nerfed from his past incarnations, and if they included older, better versions of Fox in Falco then nobody would play Fox). This immediately presents a problem for the developers, because they have nothing to work with when it comes to Falco. Not only would they have to, once again, design a moveset from scratch (which is hard enough in itself), it would have to match the parameters of the SF universe and be fundamentally different from Fox's moveset.

So we have Falco, who has nothing, versus Krystal, who has the staff and magic from SFA, and psychic abilities (she displayed telepathy and clairvoyance in SF Command, and I think I read somewhere that she displayed telekinesis in SF Assault).

Now tell me: which character do you think the developers would have an easier time creating? The answer is obvious: Krystal.

Okay, lets try to point out how biased you are at the start.

I love how you say. "Well Fox is a pilot, so even though we have not seen him fight, you can kind of imagine he is skilled at hand to hand combat and pistol gun" then say this "We have never seen him fight, he just pilots around, how do we know he knows martial arts or know how to use a pistol?" Ummm.... Yeah....

Sakurai never said clones were out, that was a rumor which has been proven wrong on multiple levels.

Which character is easier to do? Well all of those which were in Melee, which already have a model done, why add new characters? We already have movesets and models done, lets give them a better look and keep the same proportions and movesets. Truly making Krystal, who has a staff is a lot more difficult in terms of balancing out the character, since she will actually be something new. A Mid-Ranged combatant, but with a weapon differing from a sword, something not seen yet, her model, animations and properties (as in heaviness, speed, power, etc.) would have to be done from scratch and as already stated by me, the balancing of such things as her speed, priority, disjointed hitboxes, lag after the move and such would be much harder than doing a new Falco with similar characteristics.

Even tough, Krystal might still beat Falco to the punch, because as we know (I am not quite sure if you do) they do not go for the easiest thing, or else they would not have changed the laws of physics and redone most character models from scratch to give them a "new feel".

Not only does the above information prove that she is more likely to be in Brawl than Falco, the fact that her moveset would be unique also increases her chances, because that's the trend with Brawl's characters. Like I already said, Brawl has more characters than Melee if you remove the clones. And if you keep the clones, Melee only has 4 more characters than Brawl. This shows that the developers are extremely committed to making sure that every character within Brawl's large roster offers a completely different experience, and such a notion clashes with the idea of clones.

Falco is gone. Deal with it.
What you explained, even if it was correct, which is not, does not in any way say Krystal has more chance.

You cannot say one characters moveset is more unique than anothers. Why? Well, Had Fox been on land before SSB64? Had Captain Falcon? Had Ice Climbers fought before Melee? Had Sheik? Now all of these have very unique movesets which were completely made up based on basically who they are, what they look like and what they do (as in job), thats all! So Falco could be given a completely unique moveset consisting of things you could not imagine.

That is why that point is not valid in any way.

How is having a little bit less or a little bit more characters than Melee UNTIL NOW, prove that they don't want clones, thats just stupid. The characters revealed until now are not in any way the full roster, so that makes no sense. And the fact that you say they want to give a unique feel to every character, yes they do, but they also want to put a lot of characters known to people, and lots of those characters are similar to others and might take time to make a "new" moveset, so they MIGHT include them as clones.

Anyways you act like clones are really that bad.
Trust me clones might look the same, but they play COMPLETELY different from each other.
Grab CF and become good at him, like really good, then try Ganon, then answer me, are clones really that similar?

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
"NO CLONES" IS A RUMOR!

Sakurai was never interviewed about clones. Some guy supposed interviewed a Nintendo PR guy here in the US and supposedly he said that.

Btw, the interviewer is 16 and not affiliated with any gaming company and he posted it on his blog with more content that was later proved false by us here at smashboards. (He said project hammer was nearing completion and almost ready to be shipped.. Yeah, it was cancelled.)

He's also the same guy who said the Prima Strategy Guide writer leaked the Brawl playable character list.

Many people like to cling on to old, debunked, proven-false rumors because they don't want clones to be in brawl. I'm sorry you guys keep falling for this.
*looks at your link*

O_o I don't recall reading it on this site.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. What we've seen so far on the Dojo proves that there is a greater incentive to make more original characters.

That's like saying Cloud is the "face" of FF, or that Cless or Lloyd is the "face" of the Tales series. They aren't, and neither is Marth the signature image of FE. Marth is simply one of the most popular Lords and the very first one, for the simple reason that he happened to be the main character the devs of the first game thought of. Due to the nature of the FE series, there is no "main character" of the series, just as with the Tales and FF series.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Psydon: If anyone can come up with a new moveset for Falco, Sakurai and friends can. I heard that at nearly the last minute, they decided to include Falco in the game, so due to time constraints, they just gave him all of Fox's moves with different properties because it was easier to finish. We don't really know how hard it was to come up with Fox's moveset, so we don't know they'll be pulling at nothing for Falco. Perhaps I'm just biased, but I have hopes for him. If they planned to bring him back from the beginning, then we'll see a wonderful finished product when Brawl comes out :).

By the way, I know who Krystal is (look at sig). And yes, I agree that she has to has to HAS TO be a playable character. (with Falco too hopefully)

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman

No, it's a stupid claim and will never happen. It's like replacing Mario with Petey Pirahna.
No need to get nasty. It's all in good fun, champ.

And no, it's nothing like replacing Mario with Petey Piranha. Seeing as Mario is THE face of Nintendo and this a game with (mostly) Nintendo characters. Also, you never (as far as I can remember, correct me if I'm wrong) play as Petey. No, Mario Strikers Charged doesn't count.

Series like Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda are much more popular than other series like Mother and F Zero. As they made it pretty apparent with Lucas, it's okay to switch out a character from that franchise with another. Yes, I know Falcon is the main rep, but so what, it's a racing game. You can race as whoever you want, including Black Shadow.

And where is the Falcon update? Why has he been saving it? Why reveal all other Melee starters and not him? Yes, I know they didn't reveal Ness, but it seems like they have revealed his replacement. It just seems fishy to me. What's with the wait, you know?

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly have many a slice of humble pie as a previous poster mentioned, but until then, let's just kick back and relax. No need to be mean. And as you can see, it's not just a random claim I through out there, there is some thought put into it.

Zek

Smash Ace
I can't believe there are still people who call Luigi a clone. Ridiculous. He is a completely, 100% unique character with a few nods towards Mario in his moveset. That is all.

My guesses for removed characters:

Dr. Mario: Gone.
Falco: Leaning towards gone, but it's possible he'll have a new moveset. I can't really think of one though.
Pichu: Gone.
Young Link: The only way he could possibly return IMHO is as WW Link, which is a pretty big stretch.
Roy: Gone.
Ness: Not looking good. This argument just won't be resolved until we know for sure.
Marth: I doubt it, personally. It's true that he plays differently than Ike, but they're practically identical twins and Ike's specials are pretty similar. I'm not ruling him out though.
Mewtwo: Possibly replaced by Lucario. If not, still in.

Nobody else will be removed. Luigi, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Mr. G&W are all no-brainers IMHO. I'm sure they're all unlockables.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
And where is the Falcon update?
Who knows, there may never be a CF update. Because of the fact that CF was a popular character the dev team could be keeping him a secret until the release to play with our heads and make us think he will not be in. No matter the speculation we will have an answer either way in 17 days.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty "No Comment" about Sheik, but no way is Zelda going to lose it's Villain population with the big G-man.

Don't see any other clones except Falco returning.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
How is this a deconfirmation? The aspects of Fox that were nerfed, were not (in Melee) and are not (in Brawl) similar to Falco's, they are completely different.
I explained this in another post. They can't bring Falco back as his Melee self, SSB64 Fox or Melee Fox because all of them are, unless Fox is further changed in the final version, better than Brawl Fox (unnerfed uair and u-smash, unnerfed Shine, etc.). It would turn people off from Fox.

And being a clone does not mean he is out as already proven wrong above.
Y'know, I'm not just citing that rumour as a reference. I have a better one.

Japanese people said Wario was de-weirded in the sense that he does not look as weird as he did, but now plays more "smoothly". Even if he did not this is in no way a de-confirmation.
Nevertheless, a lot of his moves are pretty bizzare (farts, eating things, the bike, etc.).

Most people won't admit it but Marth is broken. He should be nerfed if he came back, but not as much so he would suck.
Fixed.

1. Huh? No. Metaknight is in no way a new fixed Marth.
Go watch Phanna's Metaknight = Marth video. It's true, the video was a joke, but the similarities are there. Metaknight is in essence a smaller, floatier, multi-jumping Marth without the knockback.

2. Again. No. Ike plays NOTHING as Roy, or Marth for that matter. If Ike is as slow as people like Gimpy say then noone will play him anyways.
Ike would become the new Roy not in terms of his abilities but in terms of the reaction to him. Place him beside Marth and you instantly turn people off from him even more than they already are.

Mewtwo = He might come back, since he was unique. But was he popular amongst Smash players?

And Sheik = Zelda is confirmed? When was this?
Zelda is confirmed. I said that one shouldn't count Sheik out just yet, since Sheik was part of Zelda in Melee. It could be the same case for Brawl.

What the hell does Metaknight have to do with Jigglypuff?
Imagine a match between Jigglypuff and Metaknight.

Of course, ultimately Metaknight's appearance does not mean Jigglypuff is gone, but I never said it did. Metaknight's appearance makes it unlikely that Jigglypuff will come back.

I love how you say. "Well Fox is a pilot, so even though we have not seen him fight, you can kind of imagine he is skilled at hand to hand combat and pistol gun" then say this "We have never seen him fight, he just pilots around, how do we know he knows martial arts or know how to use a pistol?" Ummm.... Yeah....
You ought to reread what I said.

Which character is easier to do? Well all of those which were in Melee, which already have a model done, why add new characters?
*looks at all of the new characters for Brawl* Why, indeed.

We already have movesets and models done, lets give them a better look and keep the same proportions and movesets.
You, sir, would make a wonderful fighting game designer.

:laugh:

Truly making Krystal, who has a staff is a lot more difficult in terms of balancing out the character, since she will actually be something new a Mid-Ranged combatant but with a weapon differing from a sword, something not seen yet, her animations would have to be done from scratch and as already stated by me, the balancing of such things as her speed, priority, disjointed hitboxes and such would be much harder than doing a new Falco with similar characteristics.
Like I already said, and in far less words: "Making characters is not easy."

That doesn't mean that it isn't worth it.

And like I already said, just look at the Dojo. Look at all the info we've received. Does that tell you nothing?

Even tough, Krystal might still beat Falco to the punch, because as we know (I am not quite sure if you do) they do not go for the easiest thing, or else they would not have changed the laws of physics and redone most character models from scratch to give them a "new feel".
So...you agree with me, yet you disagree. :confused:

You cannot say one characters moveset is more unique than anothers.
O_o Come again?

So Falco could be given a completely unique moveset consisting of things you could not imagine.
Yeah...too bad chances are it won't happen, though. =P

How is having a little bit less or a little bit more characters than Melee UNTIL NOW, prove that they don't want clones, thats just stupid.
It doesn't prove anything.

Why do you keep thinking that I'm like those dumb "Prophets" who say: "[This] is in the game!"? I haven't said that anything is absolute. I'm simply saying what I believe is most and least likely to occur.

Anyway, what's significant about the roster is the simple fact that all of the characters are unique, and that there are currently more unique characters in Brawl than there ever were in Melee. That says something about the game. That says something about the intentions of the developers.

The characters revealed until now are not in any way the full roster, so that makes no sense.
Do you know that for sure? I don't. I also don't see how that's even relevant.

You act like clones are really that bad, grab CF and become good at him, like really good, then try Ganon, then answer me, are clones really that similar?
1. I never said clones are necessarily bad, although I will admit if I were designing a fighting game I would prefer to have those characters as costumes rather than whole characters (characters like Ganondorf and Luigi deserve their own movesets). The more diverse and varied the characters in a fighting game are the more interesting the experience.

2. Y'know what, IMO, clones are boring. You can give 'em all the different properties you wish, but at the end of the day, clones are still just different versions of already established characters. And in the cases of some characters (Ganondorf, Luigi, Pichu), it's just a disservice to the character to turn him/her into a clone.

@filipino:

1. If I were Melee's lead developer I would've just said "No." to Falco in that scenario. Actually, I probably would've said no to Falco anyway.

*awaits plenty of posts from idiots saying: "Oh, yeah, Psydon, well if you were in charge of Melee it would've sucked!"*

2. I'm biased, too, because I don't like Falco. Not as a character, and not as a Smash character (overpowered, young Lombardi is). That does not mean, however, that that influences my judgment. I don't think Falco will return because of logical reasons related to game design, not because of my opinion of him.

@Zek: Luigi is a special case. He is still overall a clone, but that's actually one of my biggest problems with Melee's character design. They changed so many things in his moveset, as compared to Mario, so why couldn't they put in just a little more effort and make everything different? He even has a great theme going for him, because a lot of his attacks give the impression that he knows some goofy form of martial arts, which is a wonderful counterpart to Mario's simple, straightforward attacks.

Edit: I they'd devoted the time used to make Pichu, who is IMO the biggest waste of Melee's development time, to making Luigi as unique as can be.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Psydon: You loser! If you were in charge of Melee it would've sucked! :mad:

JK

I agree about Luigi, giving him some more wacky kung-fu normal moves would be fun. His special moves would probably stay mostly the same (cept for maybe some vacuum addition), cuz he is Mario's brother after all.

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
@ Psydon: I was just wondering; could you be so kind as to define clone for me? The original meaning of the word is of course, an identical replica; but for how much is that true when it comes to Smash? Because given the definition, one could argue whether Luigi is a true clone character or not. If you say Luigi is a clone of Mario, doesn't that make Doc some kind of Super-Clone or something? I'm just wondering what you think here.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
This is ********.

Do you honestly think they would axe Luigi, or Ganondorf?
All the characters we've seen so far are starters, the other characters from Melee will unlockable.

And you completely forgot about Captain Falcon!

This is the stupidest thread I've seen for a while....

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
@ Psydon: I was just wondering; could you be so kind as to define clone for me? The original meaning of the word is of course, an identical replica; but for how much is that true when it comes to Smash? Because given the definition, one could argue whether Luigi is a true clone character or not. If you say Luigi is a clone of Mario, doesn't that make Doc some kind of Super-Clone or something? I'm just wondering what you think here.
Like I said, Luigi is a special case. IMO he is overall a clone because most of his moves are Mario's moves with altered properties, but because he is so modified, so much more than the other clones, it can be argued that he really is his own character, but he's just very similar to Mario. I just think they should've made him even more different.

As for Doc, he's certainly a clone, since most of his moves are identical to Mario's. He's really just Mario with a worse F-smash, pills and an unnatural fair.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
One thing I cannot possibly comprehend is how people can actually use characters to deconfirm other characters. Using this logic, Dedede shouldn't be in the game because the Ice Climbers are our hammer users, or that Young Link shouldn't have been in melee because "how can he be in the same game as his adult self?! TIME PARADOX YOUNG LINK DECONFIRMED FOR MELEE"

Smash is, at heart, a FANSERVICE game. Characters being similar to each other do not hinder their chances. If this was true, Melee would only have 20 characters.

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, Luigi is a special case. IMO he is overall a clone because most of his moves are Mario's moves with altered properties, but because he is so modified, so much more than the other clones, it can be argued that he really is his own character, but he's just very similar to Mario. I just think they should've made him even more different.

As for Doc, he's certainly a clone, since most of his moves are identical to Mario's. He's really just Mario with a worse F-smash, pills and an unnatural fair.
Understood, Commander.

And yes, I agree that Luigi should be even more original this time around. And they should finally get his voice and the shape of his head right this time.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Doc = Clone. Further proof of his deconfirmation: Mario's fair was improved.
While he is most likely not returning, that isn't proof of his deconfirmation at all.

Falco = Clone. Further proof of his deconfirmation: Fox was nerfed.
WTF? This is just ********.

Game & Watch = He might come back, since he was unique. But was he popular amongst Smash players? Possible proof of his deconfirmation: Wario looks to be the new "silly character that can still kick your ***" in Brawl.
How the hell is that proof of deconfirmation? Have you been taking your medication?
Marth = Broken. I want him to come back (he was unique and popular), but only if he's heavily nerfed. Possible proof of his deconfirmation:

1. Metaknight. Let's face it: he is basically the new, fixed, Marth.

2. Ike. Where's the sense in including a character like him and Marth in the same game? Ike would instantly become the new Roy.
lol, your proof of deconfirmation gets worse with every character, Metaknight the new Marth? GTFO!

Mewtwo = See Game & Watch.
He's been deconfirmed by Wario being the new "silly character who can kick my ***"? Hahaha!

Roy = Clone. Further proof of his deconfirmation: he's unpopular amongst FE and Smash fans and he was mediocre to the point of being unplayable as compared to Marth.
What's mediocre is that you actually think that's a deconfirmation, what that does is just reduce his chances of being in the game.

Sheik = Zelda is confirmed, so don't count out Sheik just yet. I hope he gets nerfed if he comes back, though.
SHE, Sheik is a SHE!

Edit: Jigglypuff = *shrug* Jigglypuff was unique, but then we now have Metaknight. Something tells me Jigglypuff won't return.
OMFG! WTF? Now that we have Metaknight, Jigglypuff won't return? I guess that because Sonic is in, Luigi is not returning? You're an idiot.

Edit: Young Link = Clone. And there is absolutely NO reason why he ought to return, as WW Link or any other form.
Because we all know that WW Link would be a clone.:rolleyes: GTFO!

This is the most stupid post I've read in days, kudos to you!

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
He's trying to hide the high and top tier characters away! Falco, Marth, Sheik...they haven't been confirmed. Maybe they're out completely (hopefully not!). Fox, he can't really hide Fox! He's been in since the first game!

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman

Of course, ultimately Metaknight's appearance does not mean Jigglypuff is gone, but I never said it did. Metaknight's appearance makes it unlikely that Jigglypuff will come back.
What? WHAT?!

sorry, Kirby is far more similar to Jiggs than Metaknight, and Kirby and Jiggs are a universe apart in diffrences

All you posts are pure, pure, pure nonsence

Mods, please lock this

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
This thread fails because, #1 you don;t lists ANY reasons, #2 you're presuming A LOT, #3 you forgot jigglypuff, #5 a lead 'em in title, with NO DEPTH, #B 3487549702937840932156781436439827640832561903458-0765=-56079132468327539846910270598346508945689762098461230389654908:)!

mibthebladefighter

Smash Rookie
Why do people say characters are not coming back.

People can put characters in at the last minute.

And people can lie about what is in the game.

Strongside

Smash Apprentice
“And now, your highness, we will discuss the locat
While he is most likely not returning, that isn't proof of his deconfirmation at all.

WTF? This is just ********.

How the hell is that proof of deconfirmation? Have you been taking your medication?

lol, your proof of deconfirmation gets worse with every character, Metaknight the new Marth? GTFO!

He's been deconfirmed by Wario being the new "silly character who can kick my ***"? Hahaha!

What's mediocre is that you actually think that's a deconfirmation, what that does is just reduce his chances of being in the game.

SHE, Sheik is a SHE!

OMFG! WTF? Now that we have Metaknight, Jigglypuff won't return? I guess that because Sonic is in, Luigi is not returning? You're an idiot.

Because we all know that WW Link would be a clone.:rolleyes: GTFO!

This is the most stupid post I've read in days, kudos to you!
I have to agree with you.... Some people make some of the worst reasons possible for deconfirmation.

People, WHY would Sakurai go on an extreme cutting spree? I can see 5, at most 6, characters being cut. MAYBE.

Strongside

Smash Apprentice
“And now, your highness, we will discuss the locat
Why do people say characters are not coming back.

People can put characters in at the last minute.

And people can lie about what is in the game.
According to SamuraiPanda's translations, Sakurai said that some characters from Melee will not return. People take this TOO LITERALLY, and turn that to "all than thats confirmed."

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I really do not see the need to bring back - - -

Roy-Marth owned him all day...he had no purpose
Pichu-Who HONESTLY took pichu seriously?
Falco-I loved him...but what is the point? Fox and him are sooooo alike....it would be a waste of a character position.
Doc-I liked his dsmash and f air...thats it...other than that i prefer mario and doc mario was a waste of another unique character position.
Ganondorf-"Hi, i'm exactly like captain falcon....but slower and a little more power on some of my moves!" He was another waste of a character position.

I would be more than happy with the core 14 melee characters they have announced...They are all solid and popular/noticeable by noobs to the game. Would any oldperson recognize fire emblem characters? Game and watch gallery figures? No. They want to make the game as noob friendly and advanced all at the same time.

as for Ike, F*** him. I have no desire to get into him what so ever. He is replacing the best character in melee, marth.

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
despite this probably being said ALOT I say it again, for emphasis... They are probably only showing the starting chars! The thing Sakurai said about being leniant with secret characters was just referring to online... Luigi has been confirmed, and jigglypuff probably will be. Same with Captain F. Why would he reveal the SECRET characters? And Luigi, being one of the main parts of Nintendo WILL be in the game, as an unloackable I'm sure... Every other cloned character from melee will probably be given a new moveset, or scrapped... pichu...

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I really do not see the need to bring back - - -

Roy-Marth owned him all day...he had no purpose
Pichu-Who HONESTLY took pichu seriously?
Falco-I loved him...but what is the point? Fox and him are sooooo alike....it would be a waste of a character position.
Doc-I liked his dsmash and f air...thats it...other than that i prefer mario and doc mario was a waste of another unique character position.
Ganondorf-"Hi, i'm exactly like captain falcon....but slower and a little more power on some of my moves!" He was another waste of a character position.

I would be more than happy with the core 14 melee characters they have announced...They are all solid and popular/noticeable by noobs to the game. Would any oldperson recognize fire emblem characters? Game and watch gallery figures? No. They want to make the game as noob friendly and advanced all at the same time.

as for Ike, F*** him. I have no desire to get into him what so ever. He is replacing the best character in melee, marth.
WHAT?!?

1. We've known since E4All that Ike is a STARK CONTRAST to Marth- he's slow (though I've heard he's had speed modifications at JumpFesta), can kill even at low percentages, and a d*** mercenary. No way in HELL is is Marth deconfirmed.

2. Ganondorf was made as a slower, heavier, and more powerful version of Falcon due to time constraints. He's got enough potential for a unique moveset- and with that d*** sword he was supposed to have, too!

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
I just want C. Falcon and Luigi (98% confirmed already), and I'm set for Vets. Maybe Marth.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I explained this in another post. They can't bring Falco back as his Melee self, SSB64 Fox or Melee Fox because all of them are, unless Fox is further changed in the final version, better than Brawl Fox (unnerfed uair and u-smash, unnerfed Shine, etc.). It would turn people off from Fox.
So maybe they should not bring Ganondorf in, he might be better than Link. OMG they can't bring Ridley, he might be better than Samus!! [/sarcasm]

Anyways, remember Brawl plays differently, if they were to bring Falco equally, the new Floatiness of Brawl would probably kill his Drillshine and who knows, probably other combos too. You never know how a character might end up.

Y'know, I'm not just citing that rumour as a reference. I have a better one.
Sakurai has never said there won't be clones. Period

Nevertheless, a lot of his moves are pretty bizzare (farts, eating things, the bike, etc.).
Thats still no reason to de-confirm anyone

Go watch Phanna's Metaknight = Marth video. It's true, the video was a joke, but the similarities are there. Metaknight is in essence a smaller, floatier, multi-jumping Marth without the knockback.
Just like Fox is just like Bowser, only not as strong, not as big, not as slow, not as heavy, does not have that much lag, does not have a shell, does not breathe fire... oh.... wait...

Ike would become the new Roy not in terms of his abilities but in terms of the reaction to him. Place him beside Marth and you instantly turn people off from him even more than they already are.
So I guess noone will use Ike because Link is there. Oh, and noone will use Bowser because we got Charizard. [/sarcasm] Dude, no, 2 different movesets means 2 different characters, Marth would mean nothing to Ike.

Imagine a fight between Mario and Luigi. Imagine a fight between Snake and Ike, THEY ARE BOTH HUMANOIDS!

Do you play Smash only because of how characters look, because it seems like you do, having another Ball-Shaped character means nothing really.

*looks at all of the new characters for Brawl* Why, indeed.

You, sir, would make a wonderful fighting game designer.

:laugh:
It seems you don't read your own posts. I made that example to contradict your: Krystal would be easier to do because she has a Staff. I said it would be EASIER to just copy all characters and make them all REALLY similar, yet they don't do it, because thats not what makes this game fun. So that argument fails

Like I already said, and in far less words: "Making characters is not easy."

That doesn't mean that it isn't worth it.

And like I already said, just look at the Dojo. Look at all the info we've received. Does that tell you nothing?

So...you agree with me, yet you disagree. :confused:
I agree Krystal will probably replace Falco, I just don't agree on your reasons, because quite frankly, you got the worst reasons ever.

Yeah...too bad chances are it won't happen, though. =P
You never know

Do you know that for sure? I don't. I also don't see how that's even relevant.
I am sure enough to bet you 1 million dollars that aint the full roster

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
O...M...G...!!! Is this a joke thread, because I sure hope it is! Jigglypuff, LUIGI, FALCON, Sheik, Ganondorf, Game&Watch, Mewtwo and Falco will most likely be in.

Top Bottom