• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Done with characters from Melee?

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
ummm are you retarted or just stupid, considering that luigi and jigglypuff have basically been confirmed through people slipping up in interviews and yes some of the vets from melee wont be coming back but not all of them

this is a very glib thread

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Who cares about luigi? He is trash.

Other than his d air spike and his fair slap....he was gutter trash. His recovery was one of the worst in the game...he was the best wavedasher...thats about it.
...XD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Charcters won't make it in because of their tiers dude, it's all about the character it's self!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Oh noes the world if coming to an end. No more Melee comers..

Fine by me :D

Maybe Sheik though :(

-Onyx

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
as for Ike, F*** him. I have no desire to get into him what so ever. He is replacing the best character in melee, marth.
Go cry more, fanboy. And Ike is IN NO WAY similar to Marth other than the fact that they have blue hair and a Counter.

Marth has a shot to come back, in fact he has a good one. But you know what? Whiners like you almost make it worth it for him NOT to show up.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I love some of the logic here.

I'm gonna clarify things from my interpretaion as far as returning characters from melee.

IT'S STUPID TO REMOVE AN ORIGINAL MOVESET.
We won't lose a single moveset.
Marth or Roy(likely Marth due to why Roy was in melee, and his secondaryness)

Falco is likely gone. Wolf and/or Krystal are probably in. They have a better likelihood of having unique movesets. Falco is a pilot, just like Fox. He could be made unique, but he's harder to do(in my opinion).

Doc is gone-He and Mario fused together.

Young Link will be gone. He might become Celda Link instead, with a new moveset, but I don't see it being as cool(I'll miss YL).

Pichu isn't coming back. We all know this. Although I like the theory Pichu evolved and now we have a newer better pikachu.

Ganandorf will get a new movset.

Ness may or may not get a new moveset. If he doesn't he's gone.

Shiek will remain, possibly as a standalone character, or part of Zeldas Final Smash.

This is all coming from an overly logical pessimistic person.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Who cares about luigi? He is trash.

Other than his d air spike and his fair slap....he was gutter trash. His recovery was one of the worst in the game...he was the best wavedasher...thats about it.
YOU make my eyes collapse. :urg:

No offense but you are an idiot. Plain and simple.

Sorry, but you are. Luigi not being in this game is like ahh, I don't know...it's just dumb.

And, Luigi was not garbage at all, he was in the middle somewhere, still no reason for him to be removed because I'm sure Sakurai and his team are trying to make everything a little more even anyways.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
ummm are you retarted or just stupid, considering that luigi and jigglypuff have basically been confirmed through people slipping up in interviews and yes some of the vets from melee wont be coming back but not all of them

this is a very glib thread
Hes very straight forward...this one...

But my man has a point...no matter how much he talks like tom cruise....(Your glib matt, have you studied riddalin?) lol, yaddameaaan?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Falco is likely gone. Wolf and/or Krystal are probably in. They have a better likelihood of having unique movesets. Falco is a pilot, just like Fox. He could be made unique, but he's harder to do(in my opinion).
Falco harder to redo than to create an entirely original moveset for Wolf? GTFO! If anything Wolf is the one with the least potential moveset out of the four.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Falco harder to redo than to create an entirely original moveset for Wolf? GTFO! If anything Wolf is the one with the least potential moveset out of the four.
Agreed, Wolf's just a pilot too you know.

But for now, no one can confirm anything, 'shoe-in' or not. So let's all just wait a few more weeks.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I was just visiting the smashbros webpage and i was looking at all the characters that appeared in melee. I seriously think that the rest of the characters are going to be new.

Thereis going to be no- - -

Doc mario
Falco
Game And Watch
Ganondorf
Luigi
Marth (UNFORTUNATLY!!!!) that pisses me off and nintendo make me smile in other areas to makeup for my favorite character!
Mewtwo
Pichu
Roy
Shiek

I do not see them inserting any of these characters except MAYBE mewtwo, Game, and shiek.

I'd like to see newcomers and all but I think that removing characters that are NOT clones was dumb. Ex-MARTH!!!! Roy was the ****ing clone!
Falco Lombardi- His performance on Melee was nothing sort of awesome. He was the BEST clone on the freaking game! Period! Oh he's coming back, I just know it.

Luig- You can't have peanut butter without the jelly. Mario's the Peanut butter and Luigi's the jelly.

Game and Watch- Legend is what defines this guy. I'll admit it, I didn't have the faintest clue of who or what he was until I did some research. Turns out that I share the year of his birth. Also as the years went by I grew a fondness for him that just won't go away. He could make a comeback. Who knows.

Ganondorf- Listen bro, you cannot have the hero and the damsel of distress without the supreme emperor of darkness!! He completes the Triforce Trifecta! He is SO in their! I mean who's going to replace him other than Vaati. Skull Kid? Zant? Give me a break!

Marth- Fire Emblem is Marth. And that's just something Ike will not take from him. If it wasn't for his roles on his games, then their simply wouldn't be a Fire Emblem series. Can you say Marth's on the game?

Everyone else on that list is questionable, so I'm not even going to bother arguing their case.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Thereis going to be no- - -

Doc mario
Falco
Game And Watch
Ganondorf
Luigi
Marth (UNFORTUNATLY!!!!) that pisses me off and nintendo make me smile in other areas to makeup for my favorite character!
Mewtwo
Pichu
Roy
Shiek
They haven't shown CF yet... and he is practically confirmed...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
It's a "proven" that Game & Watch is returning.

Luigi will be returning. No doubt about that.

Marth is the first lord of Fire Emblem. Nintendo's about retro. Of course he'll be in.

Ganondorf... yeah, you REALLY suck if you think he won't be in.

Falco... same.

Mewtwo... he's the "villain" of Pokemon. Thus counterparts the other ones. And he's begging for a buff.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Blue = Me
White = A Fool

While he is most likely not returning, that isn't proof of his deconfirmation at all.

While I have already said that I'm not saying that anything I've posted is absolute, let's move on.

Doc's signature aspect was his fair, which was miles away from Mario's, and otherwise the vast majority of his moves were essentially identical to Mario's. Now that Mario's fair has been not only improved, but made very similar to Doc's, the line between them is further blurred. IMO, this makes it less likely that Doc will return because his potential as a character is just thinned out. And rightly so, because he is, ultimately, Mario wearing a medical suit. Why should that change his abilities at all?

WTF? This is just ********.

Already explained Falco. Moving on.

How the hell is that proof of deconfirmation? Have you been taking your medication?

First of all, I said "Possible proof". With only 16 days left for Brawl, it's a sure thing that G&W's status in the game has already been decided on. He's either in or out. If he is out, then the reason you quoted is something I think may have led to that. Hence, possible proof.

lol, your proof of deconfirmation gets worse with every character, Metaknight the new Marth? GTFO!

Once again, possible proof. What you and a lot of other people don't seem to look at is what the appearances of characters and their attributes do for the game on a whole. That's why, if and when it turns out that Marth is indeed gone and Metaknight is the closest you'll get to another Marth, you're going to scream and probably throw your Wiimote out of the nearest window.

He's been deconfirmed by Wario being the new "silly character who can kick my ***"? Hahaha!

No. I'm asking the same question of Mewtwo ("Was he popular enough to return?"). Mewtwo was by no means a silly character.

What's mediocre is that you actually think that's a deconfirmation, what that does is just reduce his chances of being in the game.

Edit: Colour Fixed. What's mediocre is that you actually think that I said "Roy is deconfirmed", when this whole time I've been saying nothing but that his chances of being in the game are reduced.

OMFG! WTF? Now that we have Metaknight, Jigglypuff won't return? I guess that because Sonic is in, Luigi is not returning? You're an idiot.

No, because Sonic and Luigi are in no way similar. I find your analytical skills very pathetic.

Because we all know that WW Link would be a clone.:rolleyes: GTFO!

He would.

They are probably only showing the starting chars!

That's quite a large starting roster, don't you think?

And now, back to quotes, for those that deserve them...I think.

So maybe they should not bring Ganondorf in, he might be better than Link. OMG they can't bring Ridley, he might be better than Samus!![/sarcasm]
Ganon and Link are completely different. Ridley and Samus are completely different.

Anyways, remember Brawl plays differently, if they were to bring Falco equally, the new Floatiness of Brawl would probably kill his Drillshine and who knows, probably other combos too. You never know how a character might end up.
True, but one can make predictions. Hence, my posts.

Sakurai has never said there won't be clones. Period
O_o Yeah, so I already said that I have a better reference than that silly rumour, yet you mention it again.

Thats still no reason to de-confirm anyone
Of course not.

Just like Fox is just like Bowser, only not as strong, not as big, not as slow, not as heavy, does not have that much lag, does not have a shell, does not breathe fire... oh.... wait...
You never took my advice. I have nothing else to say on this matter.

So I guess noone will use Ike because Link is there. Oh, and noone will use Bowser because we got Charizard. [/sarcasm] Dude, no, 2 different movesets means 2 different characters, Marth would mean nothing to Ike.
:laugh: I'm not even going to tell you how wrong you are.

Imagine a fight between Mario and Luigi. Imagine a fight between Snake and Ike, THEY ARE BOTH HUMANOIDS!
What's your point?

Do you play Smash only because of how characters look, because it seems like you do, having another Ball-Shaped character means nothing really.
Oh, come on! "Appearance" as in confirmation (which includes the introduction of his abilities), not "appearance" as in how the character looks. Metaknight could have a giant feather on his head and I'd have said the same thing. >> Come on, I know you could've figured that out; you're not even taking me seriously.

It seems you don't read your own posts. I made that example to contradict your: Krystal would be easier to do because she has a Staff. I said it would be EASIER to just copy all characters and make them all REALLY similar, yet they don't do it, because thats not what makes this game fun. So that argument fails
I never said Krystal would be easier to make because of her in-universe abilities, regardless of scenario. Versus giving Falco a whole new moveset from nothing, yes, she would be easier because the devs would already have plenty of material to work with. Versus fine-tuning Falco for Brawl, no, she would be tougher because they would already have the character pre-made and would only be making minor changes. Was that really so hard to understand?

Now, because of the rampant stupidity and fanboyism within this topic I'm going to depart. I'd like to give special mention to Raykz for his effort.

*Zero Laser*

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Psydon: What the guy you were quoting in blue and white meant is that you had pretty bad reasons for saying someone had 'reduced' chances (not necessarily 'deconfirmation), but you kept saying it was 'proof'. I have to admit, I just skimmed over it before, but I have to agree with the guy.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
thats what i want to hear!

yay marth
yay marth
yay marth!!!!!

marth is god and defines my interest in smash brothers melee n64-its all about pikachu and kirby
Then it seems like you just play top tier characters in each game. So if Marth isn't in Brawl, you're just gonna play another top tier character anyway so it doesn't matter. >_>

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Then it seems like you just play top tier characters in each game. So if Marth isn't in Brawl, you're just gonna play another top tier character anyway so it doesn't matter. >_>
I use Bowser, Ganondorf, and Game And Watch used to be my favorite character.

Top tier? I do not even pay attention to that bull. That is just simply based on results from tourneys...it means basically nothing.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ganon and Link are completely different. Ridley and Samus are completely different.
Ok, Ill give you that, but still characters never come back exactly the same, hence the next comment

True, but one can make predictions. Hence, my posts.
Yes, one can, and another one can not agree with those predictions ;) :p

O_o Yeah, so I already said that I have a better reference than that silly rumour, yet you mention it again.
Just wanted to make sure you got that. Sorry, :S.

Of course not.
Glad we agree

You never took my advice. I have nothing else to say on this matter.
I really don't see the similarities between Marth and Metaknight other than they are both fast and have swords. If anything Link is closer to Marth now that his swings were "Marthified" (don't know how else to say it) and he has gotten a little faster.

:laugh: I'm not even going to tell you how wrong you are.
One can, not agree, on opinions, but when it is a fact then one has to be wrong. And that is not me. Ike has a completely different moveset than Marth, every single special, aerial, tilt, smash, property and mechanic (except for his Down + B and a very SLIGHT similarity in his Neutral B) is different than Marth, so there is no way they will be compared as Roy was to Marth. Thats like saying Ganondorf was compared to Mario and thus Mario should not be in. Ike and Marth only share the same series and similar looks.

What's your point?
That looks (or shape by that matter) mean nothing.

Oh, come on! "Appearance" as in confirmation (which includes the introduction of his abilities), not "appearance" as in how the character looks. Metaknight could have a giant feather on his head and I'd have said the same thing. >> Come on, I know you could've figured that out; you're not even taking me seriously.
I didn't mean it that way either. The thing is you compare Metaknight to Jiggly and somehow you deduce Jiggly has less chances to make it in because of Metaknight. Jiggs and Metaknight only share the Ball-Shape they both have (and multi-jumps), after that they don't have anything similar, they are completely different in every single way.

I never said Krystal would be easier to make because of her in-universe abilities, regardless of scenario. Versus giving Falco a whole new moveset from nothing, yes, she would be easier because the devs would already have plenty of material to work with. Versus fine-tuning Falco for Brawl, no, she would be tougher because they would already have the character pre-made and would only be making minor changes. Was that really so hard to understand?
Yea it was. Because the way you made it sound at the start was overly exagerated and it seemed like you thought actually balancing Krystal towards the game was easier. But now I see that's not what you meant. Still Smash Bros. has never been about whats easier, but about what people would like to see most in a game, which I believe Krystal might beat Falco, even though I root for Falco to win (who knows maybe they can both beat Wolf to it, because I highly doubt SF will have 4 rep's)

vesperview

Smash Hero

While I have already said that I'm not saying that anything I've posted is absolute, let's move on.

Doc's signature aspect was his fair, which was miles away from Mario's, and otherwise the vast majority of his moves were essentially identical to Mario's. Now that Mario's fair has been not only improved, but made very similar to Doc's, the line between them is further blurred. IMO, this makes it less likely that Doc will return because his potential as a character is just thinned out. And rightly so, because he is, ultimately, Mario wearing a medical suit. Why should that change his abilities at all?

Already explained Falco. Moving on.

First of all, I said "Possible proof". With only 16 days left for Brawl, it's a sure thing that G&W's status in the game has already been decided on. He's either in or out. If he is out, then the reason you quoted is something I think may have led to that. Hence, possible proof.

Once again, possible proof. What you and a lot of other people don't seem to look at is what the appearances of characters and their attributes do for the game on a whole. That's why, if and when it turns out that Marth is indeed gone and Metaknight is the closest you'll get to another Marth, you're going to scream and probably throw your Wiimote out of the nearest window.

No. I'm asking the same question of Mewtwo ("Was he popular enough to return?"). Mewtwo was by no means a silly character.

Edit: Colour Fixed. What's mediocre is that you actually think that I said "Roy is deconfirmed", when this whole time I've been saying nothing but that his chances of being in the game are reduced.
I'm not even gonna break this quote by quote, your reasoning is pathetic, ludicrous and beyond any logic, Metaknight is not the new Marth, Wario is not here to fill in for Game and Watch, even if you explained Falco, to think his chances are decreased by having nerfed Fox, shows how ******** you are and please, you don't even have the game in your hands to even draw such conclusions and even playing a demo is not enough time to get to that conclusion either and if you don't want to send the wrong idea, that don't write "Proof of deconfirmation" you moron, please, you're the only one making yourself look stupid.

No, because Sonic and Luigi are in no way similar. I find your analytical skills very pathetic.
I find your analytical skills beyond stupid and practically everyone does, lol, to actually make such a comparison, just because Meta floats, Jiggs is deconfirmed? GTFO! Idiot!

He would.
No, and if you really believe that, then you are even MORE stupid.

And if you have the nerve to reply to this, I'll be more than excited to read it, you're really making me laugh my *** off.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
The fact that practically all those characters were unlockables in melee should people the hint they'd be unlockable again. Hence why they aren't being revealed....

Top Bottom