• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

EntombedStorm

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to connect a gamecube controller via mayflash's 4-controller adapter and my computer recognizes it fine but when I go into dolphin it doesn't detect the controller and none of the buttons are recognized. Does anyone know what's wrong.

SNSL

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to connect a gamecube controller via mayflash's 4-controller adapter and my computer recognizes it fine but when I go into dolphin it doesn't detect the controller and none of the buttons are recognized. Does anyone know what's wrong.
In your GCPad configuration, what does it say under "Device"?

For example, in my GCPad config, it shows the Mayflash adapter (port 0 specifically) as the device.

Y-L

Smash Champion
If you're trying to use native support of the dev builds, set to wii u mode and use zadig for the driver. If you're using 652, set it to pc mode and it should get detected in Dolphin.

MadeYouLook

Smash Cadet
What do you mean by "open it"? If you mean run the game, try switching graphics backends.
when I click dolphin.exe and press run nothing happens

I tried deleting the dolphin emulator folder and my other versions of dolphin

then when I tried to run 5886 again it recreated the folder but still did not open

MadeYouLook

Smash Cadet
it seems to be related to my mayflash wii u adapter which native support is supposed to be a big feature of 5886 once i unplugged the wii u adapter 5886 opened hmm weird ...the entire point of me getting 5886 was to use the wii u adapter with no lag

MadeYouLook

Smash Cadet
yea im still having issues...for some weird reason 5886 will not open if my wii u adapter is plugged in and set to wii u...it works if its set to PC and if i open it THEN put the wii u adapter on dolphin wont recognize it

EntombedStorm

Smash Rookie
In your GCPad configuration, what does it say under "Device"?

For example, in my GCPad config, it shows the Mayflash adapter (port 0 specifically) as the device.
I'm on SDL/0/MAYFLASH GameCube Controller Adapter
I've changed it all the ports and it won't work on any

EntombedStorm

Smash Rookie
If you're trying to use native support of the dev builds, set to wii u mode and use zadig for the driver. If you're using 652, set it to pc mode and it should get detected in Dolphin.
I'm on 652 and it's set to pc mode and won't detect it

Torchiic

Smash Rookie
hi, i need some help :c

I play netplay with 2 friends, both live near (really really near) me and ping is normally 20ms, so i play with these 2 friends and there was no problem at all.
But lately i started getting problems with my internet being ****ty at 8pm (from 80mb/s to 20mb/s if im lucky or 10mb/s if rngesus hates me) so i could not play arround that time because it was laggy (getting more ping than usual 70-80) and being playable but annoying. So i called my ISP and they changed the old modem and replaced it with a new one (arris), internet was still ****ed because based of what they said to me the conections are stressed at 8pm (which is strange since i never had problems before) and since then i have been having terrible lag spikes (from 20 to 500-600 for 1 second every 5-10 seconds) causing the game to drop to 0 frames and of course making it imposible to play. i dont know if its the modem being trash, or the ISP things being trash or whatever, i tried changing some configurations on my modem i tried chaning cables, pluging unplugging (kappa), changing where the modem is located but nothing worked, soo yeah this 2 other guys play without issues, and when i join it goes to ****, even if im only playing with 1 friend it just lags, and its not lag of me hosting because i dont i just join.

Y-L

Smash Champion
hi, i need some help :c

I play netplay with 2 friends, both live near (really really near) me and ping is normally 20ms, so i play with these 2 friends and there was no problem at all.
But lately i started getting problems with my internet being ****ty at 8pm (from 80mb/s to 20mb/s if im lucky or 10mb/s if rngesus hates me) so i could not play arround that time because it was laggy (getting more ping than usual 70-80) and being playable but annoying. So i called my ISP and they changed the old modem and replaced it with a new one (arris), internet was still ****ed because based of what they said to me the conections are stressed at 8pm (which is strange since i never had problems before) and since then i have been having terrible lag spikes (from 20 to 500-600 for 1 second every 5-10 seconds) causing the game to drop to 0 frames and of course making it imposible to play. i dont know if its the modem being trash, or the ISP things being trash or whatever, i tried changing some configurations on my modem i tried chaning cables, pluging unplugging (kappa), changing where the modem is located but nothing worked, soo yeah this 2 other guys play without issues, and when i join it goes to ****, even if im only playing with 1 friend it just lags, and its not lag of me hosting because i dont i just join.
Well if you're not on a wired connection already do that first. If no one at your household is using the internet I'm not really sure what you can do.

Torchiic

Smash Rookie
Well if you're not on a wired connection already do that first. If no one at your household is using the internet I'm not really sure what you can do.
well i guess i will just call my ISP again for the third time then. :/

Jonte

Smash Cadet
Question about PAL compatibility.

We're some EU people who wanna play with the PAL version, but it doesn't have the standard cheats that the NTSC version has. And AFAIK you can't copy paste the codes directly. Is there anyone knowledgeable who could make the same cheats for PAL, or if you know anywhere you could find them already?

gijn

Smash Cadet
tried having games on netplay but haven't had a successful one yet... keep getting desynch'ed after someone presses start on the menu to load a stage. I'm using 5886 1.02 with AR global netplay settings, memory cards off.. wired connection . am I missing something?

Y-L

Smash Champion

Y-L

Smash Champion
will a radeon 4200 HD graphics card work?
Dolphin relies heavily on CPU, not so much gpu although you do need something decent. My guess is that if you have that gpu that you probably have a CPU bottleneck considering the age of the hardware. You probably won't have a pleasant experience but I encourage you to try it for yourself and find out.

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Dolphin relies heavily on CPU, not so much gpu although you do need something decent. My guess is that if you have that gpu that you probably have a CPU bottleneck considering the age of the hardware. You probably won't have a pleasant experience but I encourage you to try it for yourself and find out.
I did yesterday and 45 frames

Blarg

Smash Rookie
I know some people are having problems with it but i'm loving version 5886 with native mode. It eliminates so much lag. And the emulation performance is better than 652.

Atomi

Smash Cadet
i cant seem to fix a 4-frame delay between my input and the game...any advice?

the delay is there even with TAS input

edit: this is within the emulator itself, not counting netplay. lol

edit2: for clarity,

I run Melee in Dolphin. I open a 2-player game on Final Destination, and Pause the emulation. I then hold shield, and advance it frame by frame. My shield comes out on frame 4.

If I use TAS to input the shield command, this issue still persists.

edit3: issue has been fixed by switching to a prior version of Dolphin (v 3.5). no input delay from either controller or TAS

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
i cant seem to fix a 4-frame delay between my input and the game...any advice?

the delay is there even with TAS input

edit: this is within the emulator itself, not counting netplay. lol

edit2: for clarity,

I run Melee in Dolphin. I open a 2-player game on Final Destination, and Pause the emulation. I then hold shield, and advance it frame by frame. My shield comes out on frame 4.

If I use TAS to input the shield command, this issue still persists.

edit3: issue has been fixed by switching to a prior version of Dolphin (v 3.5). no input delay from either controller or TAS
On 4.0-652 there is a 200 ms audio delay. Try the latest ones, 4.0-5886 for example. I would never recommend going backwards.

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Hey, I'm very bad with computers but I would really love to play Netplay Melee!! Can somebody please direct me to the cheapest computer that has the RECOMMENDED features to run Netplay Melee? The only difference I want is 6GB of RAM. I know this sounds very lazy of me but I tried making a computer and am too scared to find it won't run Netplay when it delivers. I'll do the best I can to repay the person that helps me with this, if that can be an incentive lol

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Hey, I'm very bad with computers but I would really love to play Netplay Melee!! Can somebody please direct me to the cheapest computer that has the RECOMMENDED features to run Netplay Melee? The only difference I want is 6GB of RAM. I know this sounds very lazy of me but I tried making a computer and am too scared to find it won't run Netplay when it delivers. I'll do the best I can to repay the person that helps me with this, if that can be an incentive lol
Recommended Specifications
  • Intel Core i5 First Gen or AMD Phenom II
  • nVidia 8xxx or ATi/AMD Radeon 4xxx Series Graphics Card
  • 6GB of Ram
  • DSL or Broadband Internet

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Recommended Specifications
  • Intel Core i5 First Gen or AMD Phenom II
  • nVidia 8xxx or ATi/AMD Radeon 4xxx Series Graphics Card
  • 6GB of Ram
  • DSL or Broadband Internet
Yes I know of the recommended specifications, I just would like to be directed to a computer that has all of those already in it that also is at its cheapest price. Sorry for not being specific enough :)

Y-L

Smash Champion
Yes I know of the recommended specifications, I just would like to be directed to a computer that has all of those already in it that also is at its cheapest price. Sorry for not being specific enough :)
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jefflongo/saved/#view=8hFYcf

The pentium G3258 is one of the cheapest cpus out there, but is one of the fastest in dolphin. The Z97 chipset motherboard allows you to overclock if you ever feel you need more power. GTX 750 ti is a really good budget graphics card, if you want a better one, upgrade to a GTX 960. Although the 750 ti will do 4x IR on dolphin easy. The cpu is the priority for dolphin. So definitely get the pentium, or if you have more money to spend, an i5 4690k.

Top Bottom