• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doing sheik's DACUS with the normal controls.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Just thought I'd post this since everyone tells me "you have to change Z or L to attack to do this". You can just use A to do it. It may feel awkward using your index finger, but it works all the same, I just randomly tried it out in a match today and it worked.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, its definitely doable with regular controls. I hate changing my controller setup beyond "Tap Jump: Off" Just simply use the C-Stick to initiate Dash-Attack, then roll your analog stick up and press A with you index finger :)

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
i dunno i normally never use Z so changing it to attack and only using it when i dash cancel upsmash isnt that big of a deal to me =p. changing your controls takes like... 5 seconds...

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I haven't perfected it yet but I use the default controls on my gamecube controller. Yes that includes tap jump on. It is much harder with tap jump on and much more akward to use A but it is much more convenient and if you get it down then it really doesn't matter how hard it is.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I have giant hands, so I can just hit C-stick right and A at the same time with my thumb.

It's just as reliable that way as the Z way for me. I need to practice.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
I would change if Sheik was my main, but i'm focusing on DDD at the moment, and chaingrabbing is important with him and i'm in a tie between using Z for grab or using X instead. If i end up using X i'll change my Z to attack so i can improve my Sheik.

I Like sheiks playstyle, thinking about making my secondary char atm.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I would change if Sheik was my main, but i'm focusing on DDD at the moment, and chaingrabbing is important with him and i'm in a tie between using Z for grab or using X instead. If i end up using X i'll change my Z to attack so i can improve my Sheik.

I Like sheiks playstyle, thinking about making my secondary char atm.
You can use any button really.

As for D3, x is the easiest button to grab, especially for the infinite on wigi (so satisfying)

Top Bottom