• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does This Technique Have a Name?

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
Hey guys, I've known about this weird thing for like 10 months, and I just got around to filming myself doing it yesterday. It's this weird, pointless glitchy walk thing and perhaps one of you guys have seen it before? I just found it in the WiFi Waiting Room once and played around with it.

Basically, you gotta hold the analog stick juuuust to the right/left (whichever direction you're facing) and if you do it just right (you gotta be perfect), your character will walk like Samus does in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzTA8SkBoUE

P.S. This works on any character, but I didn't want to make a fool of myself in a big general board, so I decided to post this finding in this board because this community is cozy and loving. :3 (I think...)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Not that I know of, Doesn't seem to really do much though.
I stand corrected, Pit can use that, He does his F throw and stutter steps the F smash, that's what it's called I think, stutter step. I could be very wrong though.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
-

Not that I know of, Doesn't seem to really do much though.
I stand corrected, Pit can use that, He does his F throw and stutter steps the F smash, that's what it's called I think, stutter step. I could be very wrong though.
I don't think the thing I found was a stutter step. Stutter steps look different I think?

I wonder if someone knows for sure. =P

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I don't think the thing I found was a stutter step. Stutter steps look different I think?

I wonder if someone knows for sure. =P
You were doing that today when we were brawling. Haha! It looks silly. Samus' legs are speeding up. I didn't notice it with Ganondorf, but you were moving forward slowly. It's usually not a good idea to call something after the name of the person who found it, though. Like, your Low Charge Shot (LCS) was found out by you, but you didn't call it "Ewic Charge Shot."

SuSa

Banned via Administration
This is a technique?

Looks almost like a glitch in animation (or a start/stop doesn't know what to do because the input is so sensitive due to it being SLIGHTLY pushed enough to cause the small shake in your hand to make it go "walk>stop>walk>stop" really fast.

I'd just say it doesn't even need a name as its useless anyways? <_<

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
-

You were doing that today when we were brawling. Haha! It looks silly. Samus' legs are speeding up. I didn't notice it with Ganondorf, but you were moving forward slowly. It's usually not a good idea to call something after the name of the person who found it, though. Like, your Low Charge Shot (LCS) was found out by you, but you didn't call it "Ewic Charge Shot."
Haha I know, the description in the YouTube video is just for lulz. =D

You remembered my LCS! You get a gold star Dryn, for remembering that. Even though it's fairly useless in the heat of battle. XD

@ SuSa: I have feelings that it might be just like how you described it. Good job, it made sense lol. I'm not sure though, I mean I keep my thumb pretty still when I do it. XD

And yeah, the only use I can think of is to use as another way to taunt the other guy lol but still, it's hardly noticeable and it's fairly difficult to pull off on a limb. I mean, I can't imagine doing it in the heat of battle for mindgames. Like the pivot walk is okay, but this is going overboard if it's mindgames you're after. =P

P.S. Dryn, I'm sorry I was mean to you today!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
This is a technique?

Looks almost like a glitch in animation (or a start/stop doesn't know what to do because the input is so sensitive due to it being SLIGHTLY pushed enough to cause the small shake in your hand to make it go "walk>stop>walk>stop" really fast.

I'd just say it doesn't even need a name as its useless anyways? <_<
You've taken a liking to the Samus boards :)
Dryn is she helping you mod this place?

Secondly I agree with you, Hence my post about it being neat, but rather useless :s

Crystanium

Smash Hero
P.S. Dryn, I'm sorry I was mean to you today!
You were mean to me? :confused: If it was the "Dopamine," don't worry about that. I laughed when you taunted and that word came up. :p

Secondly I agree with you, Hence my post about it being neat, but rather useless :s
No. SuSa is not a moderator of the Samus room. He isn't a female, either. SuSa originally went by the name, "Havokk."

SuSa

Banned via Administration
@ SuSa: I have feelings that it might be just like how you described it. Good job, it made sense lol. I'm not sure though, I mean I keep my thumb pretty still when I do it. XD

And yeah, the only use I can think of is to use as another way to taunt the other guy lol but still, it's hardly noticeable and it's fairly difficult to pull off on a limb. I mean, I can't imagine doing it in the heat of battle for mindgames. Like the pivot walk is okay, but this is going overboard if it's mindgames you're after. =P
I'd totally use this for a taunt.

Also, its impossible to keep your hand perfectly still. Impossible. Although you need study hands to be a surgeon. If your unable to keep your hands still ENOUGH you won't be hired.

I'm everywhere, but I only moderate the Link boards.

ps: I'm a guy, but god is it funny when people think I'm a girl, although I make no attempt to appear as one.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'm everywhere, but I only moderate the Link boards.

ps: I'm a guy, but god is it funny when people think I'm a girl, although I make no attempt to appear as one.
It's the Name :), BTW I totally knew you as Havokk lmao
I even commented on your blog about changing your name because there was a surplus amount of Havokk's around. I swear my memory just sucks :p

Secondly your job must be pretty easy, Most of the hard ones to deal with went to AiB lol

Rhyme

Smash Lord
You can do this while charging D3's jet hammer for some pretty nifty results. But aside from that, I don't think that any practical use for this nameless technique has been found.

Top Bottom