• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does this bother anyone else?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Besides Marth, King Dedede, and Metaknight, who else completely ***** Mario?
G&W for sure. ICs aren't easy if they know what they're doing either. The rest aren't nearly as bad.

These tourney rankings don't mean very much honestly. Like Monk said, Boss is the only person placing at these tourneys. It's more than possible for Mario to be mid and even higher. We just have to get out there and do well at these tourneys with Mario. There's nothing more to it.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
hes better than his old ssbm self...if people start learning him ,he can be high tier...btw where are the top mario playesr of this board?
...im just seeing people complaining and moaning about a character that has got better...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
hes better than his old ssbm self...if people start learning him ,he can be high tier...btw where are the top mario playesr of this board?
...im just seeing people complaining and moaning about a character that has got better...
We're not complaining about Mario, where complaining about the lack of people USING Mario. There's a big difference. Also, saying Mario could be high tier is definately a stretch. Maybe if he had better matchups against the higher ups but...

fazares

Smash Apprentice
not that stretch...hes or will be high tier when people learn to use him effectively....
.where is eggz...?
he was capable of kicking *** when mario wasnt that good in ssbm...such dedicated players could change the complaints in this boards....

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
not that stretch...hes or will be high tier when people learn to use him effectively....
.where is eggz...?
he was capable of kicking *** when mario wasnt that good in ssbm...such dedicated players could change the complaints in this boards....
Mario's not even that good to land in high-tier. He wasn't intended to be that good in the first place. He's just an average middle-tier character. However, the tier list right now is ranking him lower than he should be. I think the reason why people don't use Mario much is because there are characters that are easier to use than him that do things that are more effective. That's why they don't see Mario's potential and why he's underrated. Some people will think he sucks without knowing what he can do.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Marth is not a bad match-up for Mario...the only bad part is range...Marth just outranges Mario...but that's so easily countered by proper spacing

fazares....Eggz mains Metaknight....

boss8

Smash Hero
dude just go to my youtube vids in the mario video archive fatmanonice..........like i said im trying my best to keep mario alive in the turney seen....no one expects mario which is why i main him in the first place........lol i faced one guy........he came up to me and said boss i hafe to play u....i ask him who di u main??? and he said.....metaknight....and then he asked me who i main.....i said mario....he laughed to my face.......and i 2-0 him and send him to loser brackets........and then i told him **** metaknight is too good.... :)

Personally, i don´t really care about that list, why.? because when you show to the people the trully potential of Mario, everyone is shocked and thats when they'll use Mario and so he will be more popular, win tourneys, etc...

Mario can beat almost the entire roster, even Metaknights and Snakes, and about Dedede, well, that match is also possible...and to finish, that list doesn't botter me.
Right on Flameleon! yo personally i think people got it mixed up that mario is only middle tier because his ssbm trophy says 'he has no real STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES'. this means that a mario main mastered can give any character mastered trouble and mario has no bad match ups if he has no weaknesses correct?

fazares

Smash Apprentice
Mario's not even that good to land in high-tier. He wasn't intended to be that good in the first place. He's just an average middle-tier character. However, the tier list right now is ranking him lower than he should be. I think the reason why people don't use Mario much is because there are characters that are easier to use than him that do things that are more effective. That's why they don't see Mario's potential and why he's underrated. Some people will think he sucks without knowing what he can do.
mario was average in melee where he was lackng ko potential....but now hes got good ko potential...his n-air(first frames),f-air,b-air,u-air,f-smash,d-smash,u-smash get the job done at high percents(people lives even longer compared to ssbm)
i m very sorry for eggz...the fact hes quitted mario must be one of the reasons this board has become such a depressive and desolated place,figuratively speaking:-/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
.where is eggz...?
Stop... you sound like RoK the Reaper going on about Ike... Also, I'm pretty sure Eggz mains Metaknight now.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Right on Flameleon! yo personally i think people got it mixed up that mario is only middle tier because his ssbm trophy says 'he has no real STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES'. this means that a mario main mastered can give any character mastered trouble and mario has no bad match ups if he has no weaknesses correct?
Monk is right. You don't have any idea of what you're talking about and are very ignorant. Mario has more bad match-ups than good ones for crying out loud. He has weaknesses that screw him over against better characters like Marth, Luigi, Dedede, Snake, Metaknight, Falco, Pit, Zelda, Lucario, and the like. farazres, Mario's still average in this game. Sure, his KO potential's up, but more characters have better KO potential than he does. He's back to square one. People need to stop being like RoK the Reaper and realize how good their character is instead of assuming that there's top tier or high tier without any facts to back it up.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
mario was average in melee where he was lackng ko potential....but now hes got good ko potential...his n-air(first frames),f-air,b-air,u-air,f-smash,d-smash,u-smash get the job done at high percents(people lives even longer compared to ssbm)
i m very sorry for eggz...the fact hes quitted mario must be one of the reasons this board has become such a depressive and desolated place,figuratively speaking:-/
hate to break it to you bro but Eggz didn't even main Mario during the tail end of Melee...this place is depressing because it gets fludded(hahahaha joke get it....shut up) with idiots close to everyday

fazares

Smash Apprentice
eggz was maining mario even at the beginning of brawl if that matters.....it looks almost like he and other good players gave up on this board...and now its full of noobs and depressed ones....-)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
eggz was maining mario even at the beginning of brawl if that matters.....it looks almost like he and other good players gave up on this board...and now its full of noobs and depressed ones....-)
So we're noobs because we don't argee with your false premises? This is the reason why the Mario boards aren't good. It's fallacious statements like this.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
hate to break it to you bro but Eggz didn't even main Mario during the tail end of Melee...this place is depressing because it gets fludded(hahahaha joke get it....shut up) with idiots close to everyday
This place isn't even a quarter bad then say... the Ike and Captain Falcon boards. Most of the people who come to this board are pretty serious about improving Mario instead of "ZoMg, JoIn ThIs ClAn" or "He Is TeH pWnZoR." Also, the matchups against Zelda, Lucario, and Luigi are definately not that bad. I think it's been covered that the truly horrible matchups Mario has are Game and Watch and King Dedede. At least he's not like Link, ya know?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
So we're noobs because we don't argee with your false premises? This is the reason why the Mario boards aren't good. It's fallacious statements like this.
Trust me, this is rampant on almost all boards. Especially on Low Tier boards. Heck, on some Low Tier to Low Tierish (speculated, that is) boards, the amount of zealous fanboys who'll defend their characters' potential actually outnumbers those who actually take an objective look at things and go "No, my character isn't really all that".

It's called "human stupidity".

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Trust me, this is rampant on almost all boards. Especially on Low Tier boards. Heck, on some Low Tier to Low Tierish (speculated, that is) boards, the amount of zealous fanboys who'll defend their characters' potential actually outnumbers those who actually take an objective look at things and go "No, my character isn't really all that".

It's called "human stupidity".
Yeah. It gets frustrating at times, especially when you know you're right and whatever you do, it doesn't get through.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
haha lol it wasnt personal....its been 6 months since i abandoned this board....i was back to see the situation and i saw eggz abondoning the board too....maybe if i leave the board for another 6 months and come back i will find eggz that has quitted mk to make his brawl mario as good as as his uber ssbm mario and posting strategies...like the old times...
btw mario is just better than luigi in the same way he was in ssbm...luigi for a good f-smash and a new killing n-air had to lose his godly f-air/d-air knockback...and lack of wd hurts luigi more than mario....
yeah fanboys are bad..specially other characters fanboy that comes to diss mario in this board...i nver saw so much of them in the ol ssbm days....:-)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
haha lol it wasnt personal....its been 6 months since i abandoned this board....i was back to see the situation and i saw eggz abondoning the board too....maybe if i leave the board for another 6 months and come back i will find eggz that has quitted mk to make his brawl mario as good as as his uber ssbm mario and posting strategies...like the old times...
btw mario is just better than luigi in the same way he was in ssbm...luigi for a good f-smash and a new killing n-air had to lose his godly f-air/d-air knockback...and lack of wd hurts luigi more than mario....
yeah fanboys are bad..specially other characters fanboy that comes to diss mario in this board...i nver saw so much of them in the ol ssbm days....:-)
The lack of wavedashing doesn't prevent Luigi from being a better character than Mario. I'm not saying Mario's a bad character if you're misconstrued what I said. I'm just saying he's not as good as Luigi for obvious reasons. You keep repeating the same argument others have refuted before and it's getting annoying. I'm a Mario fan, and I realize that Mario's not good enough to be high tier. This thread's becoming annoying if I do say so myself.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
ur reasons of luigi being better than mario closely resemble the old reasons of luigi being better in the first ssbm era...i dunno why...?
u know the way it ended....
maybe a good player will give help to this board and all this negative stuff about an improved character will be gone...maybe...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I mean they help racking up damage because they're faster, not stronger than they were before. There's that, and the priority of both attacks are still good. And you're doing it again, assuming that just because we don't argee with you, there are no good players around here. Here's the thing: you don't have to be good to realize that a character's better than another. Just smart.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
ur just as smart as the guys that said luigi was better than mario in the ssbm era(the reasons look pretty similiar too)....are u a luigi player in disguise?
psstt...d-air and f-air have been nerfed dont tell anyone about that;-)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
ur just as smart as the guys that said luigi was better than mario in the ssbm era(the reasons look pretty similiar too)....are u a luigi player in disguise?
psstt...d-air and f-air have been nerfed dont tell anyone about that;-)
I know they're nerfed!! I know! I know! I know! I know!!! I said that before. I'm not a Luigi player in disguise, for crying out loud!!! I haven't used Luigi in months!! I don't even main him! I main Mario and Ike. You just ignored my points again. *Facepalm*

fazares

Smash Apprentice
hahah....hh
good try green bro...
go check the old ssbm luigi boards and u ll see people using similiar arguments.....

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
hahah....hh
good try green bro...
go check the old ssbm luigi boards and u ll see people using similiar arguments.....
Using similar arguments doesn't mean I'm a Luigi main nor do they mean they're wrong. You're being fallacious. Again. I'm a Mario and Ike main. Well, I don't see the point in debating with you since yours have been refuted.

enix167

Smash Rookie
Using similar arguments doesn't mean I'm a Luigi main nor do they mean they're wrong. You're being fallacious. Again. I'm a Mario and Ike main. Well, I don't see the point in debating with you since yours have been refuted.
HAHAHAHA *facepalm* that was entertaining I have to say but back to the subject.

As already said that list is infact more based on his non usage if there are more poster childs of mario in the community than that will bring an active fludd (lulz I made humour) of new players good or bad.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lol:

Jiggs>Mario
Sonic>Mario
CF>Mario
Actually, he's now ranked higher than Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon:

S: Snake, Meta Knight
A: King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Wario
B: ROB, Falco, Lucario, Olimar, Donkey Kong
C: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Fox, Pit, Kirby
D: Diddy Kong, Peach, Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu, Ness, Zelda, Toon Link, Sonic, Ike, Samus, Pokémon Trainer, Bowser, Luigi
E: Mario, Lucas, Jigglypuff, SheikZelda, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Link
U: Ganondorf, Sheik

He's getting closer to being appropriately ranked and hopefully will be near the top of D rank within a month or so. I will now longer have a problem with his ranking when he at least surpasses Sonic, Ike, Bowser, and Samus.

Amide

Smash Lord
Ahh, I see it has changed. Still, how the heck did Sonic win two tourneys? Honestly.

We need work though:

Sonic>Mario
Ike>Mario

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
>_> anyone want some cake and icecream? gheesh...
Eh, I get what you're saying... I'm not trying to start a pity party or something; I just know that Mario is grossly underused and the thing that sucks most is that I can't contribute because the area I live in hasn't had a Smash tournament since probably 2002. What makes matters even worse is that online tournaments "don't count" so I'm pretty much SOL in all regards. As the You Tube video "Do the Mario" shows, there are a lot of talented Mario players here and I wanted to know how many of them can actually attend local tournaments.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, he's now ranked higher than Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon:

S: Snake, Meta Knight
A: King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Wario
B: ROB, Falco, Lucario, Olimar, Donkey Kong
C: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Fox, Pit, Kirby
D: Diddy Kong, Peach, Zero Suit Samus, Pikachu, Ness, Zelda, Toon Link, Sonic, Ike, Samus, Pokémon Trainer, Bowser, Luigi
E: Mario, Lucas, Jigglypuff, SheikZelda, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Link
U: Ganondorf, Sheik

He's getting closer to being appropriately ranked and hopefully will be near the top of D rank within a month or so. I will now longer have a problem with his ranking when he at least surpasses Sonic, Ike, Bowser, and Samus.
That is a popularity based ranking. With more representatives at tournaments, there are more chances for characters to rank high. Does anyone really think that Toon Link belongs in the same rank as Peach? Or Zelda?

Anyway, I'm either mildly amused or disturbing by this thread which has one single person chanting "Nerfed Dair and Fair!" as if it automatically means Luigi sucks now. Umm... yah.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That is a popularity based ranking. With more representatives at tournaments, there are more chances for characters to rank high. Does anyone really think that Toon Link belongs in the same rank as Peach? Or Zelda?

Anyway, I'm either mildly amused or disturbing by this thread which has one single person chanting "Nerfed Dair and Fair!" as if it automatically means Luigi sucks now. Umm... yah.
That's what the entire point of this thread is; not very many people are using Mario in tournaments let alone ranking high in them. From the sound of things, Boss8 is the only ranked Mario player here.

Also, regarding that person you're talking about, ignore him. Pretty much everyone else here accepts that Luigi is better than Mario if only by a small amount.

fazares

Smash Apprentice
pretty much what?from most of this reasoning luigi was already better in ssbm....
this board is just like mario.... underrated:laugh:
a real far cry from the good ol ssbm mario board...:-/

Top Bottom