• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the overuse of the main theme song in brawl bug you?

Mama

Smash Ace
Yeah it's the MAIN THEM not the , use this for every game mode, theme.Just because it's the main theme doesn't necessarily mean it has to be be used over and over again.Although I do like it.
And because it is the main theme it can be remixed and mixed into as many things as the dev wants. Sewing the main theme into other songs and making it an omnibus of sorts is something you'll see a lot. I see your point in having it in a lot of game modes but this is a fighting game after all. Not a game geared entirely toward music but you wouldn't really know that with the copious amounts of other tracks available. When it comes down to it you have plenty of other options for matches.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i think the main song is tight, better then melee that is, but they still incorporated melee's theme somehow, thats another thing i like, they spent a lot of time on the music in this game!

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
The main theme is just great, I really don't care how many remixes they come up with, just as long as it is good.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
And because it is the main theme it can be remixed and mixed into as many things as the dev wants. Sewing the main theme into other songs and making it an omnibus of sorts is something you'll see a lot. I see your point in having it in a lot of game modes but this is a fighting game after all. Not a game geared entirely toward music but you wouldn't really know that with the copious amounts of other tracks available. When it comes down to it you have plenty of other options for matches.
Quote for truth.

This is not the first time a theme has been used over and over. Halo did it and nobody cared.

Movies do it -all- the time. Literally. Watch any of the three Pirates of the Caribbean movies and listen to the music. I can promise you that you will hear a remix of the same theme over 10 times throughout the course of one movie, not to mention ALL 3. Same goes for Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and any other epic style movie you can think of. I'm not seeing how this is such a surprise or frustration.

I'll admit that it is used a lot but I can hardly say "over"used. Especially when there are some 200 more songs in the game, the main theme only takes up a fraction of the entire soundtrack, really.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I doesn't bug me tho~
I like the main theme. :>

J18

Smash Journeyman
oh yes. it is irritating. i actually don't really like it that much. the whole opera thing and such. it doesn't sit right with me

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
The Original score is pretty good in its own right and when speaking about the remixes many vary the style enough to have their own identity.

So I guess what I mean to say is, its all gravy to me :)

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I like the style of the remixes for the most part, but I agree that they could have been more original with the music than just reusing the same theme over and over. SSE becomes really dull when you're continuously brawling to the same theme over and over and over. At least Melee had two themes that were only remixed like two or three times. I would have liked more variety.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't really bother me. I'm actually quite fond of the Menu 1, FD Battlefield and Wi-fi Waiting ones. I'm not gonna deny it's overrused though...

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
Seriously, nearly every single song that isn't from something in Brawl, is a remix of some sort of the main theme. It's a great song, but not when it's almost every single song.

I know I'm nit-picking, but it just bugs me. I would've rather had it be used once or twice.

What about you guys?
all i got to say is nice sig!

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
LOL!!!! OMG!!! that made me literally laugh out loud!! becuz those words fit perfectly with the song!!! LOL think of more lyrics that was too awesome
♪I'll be the Marth...
E.g., noob
This is Yoshi's B
This monkey want's to hug him
I'll heat the Doc
E.g., noob
Pooing through a dress
The monkey wears to work
Wife on a video(s)
I want it thrown on Venus
Hey there's upB-ing noobs
Being impotent
Hey all these people seeing
one Link
being Lame
Ness Down-A
YAY!!
Here is Kirby
So? Sheik's Front-B
Hey all meaningful plants
We won't last very long
Ken combo
Put on(Doh!) this bird of prey!
SWEET!♪

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
It kind of feels like after the "famous" Uematsu made them a song they didn't want to try and make more original music to kind of compete, so they used the same base song. Could be they just wanted to do a Yoshi's Story... or maybe because of all the musicians remixing, they didn't have many people to actually compose NEW music.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
It kind of feels like after the "famous" Uematsu made them a song they didn't want to try and make more original music to kind of compete, so they used the same base song. Could be they just wanted to do a Yoshi's Story... or maybe because of all the musicians remixing, they didn't have many people to actually compose NEW music.
This is Smash Bros- You were EXPECTING tons of original music? The fact that there ARE this many remixes of the main theme surprises me. It doesn't bug me at all.

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah I like the main theme and all the different versions of it. Especially the Wifi waiting one. It really sounds like waiting music, lol

But I always think of Rob the Hotdog when I hear the original

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yes it bugs me, to much use of it. Its like how much I loved the melee theme until I heard it for seven years. except that will only take six months with how much they use the theme in brawl.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I don't mind it that much. Final Destination and Menu 1 are definitely my favorites, but the others aren't bad.

Maybe once I get the game my opinion will change but right now I don't think it's overdone.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Sakurai said:
You’ll be able to hear this song here and there throughout the game. It’s such an important song, you could even call it the core of this game.
Read what Sakurai says more often guys.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I like how the main song's been remixed so many times, actually. But if it's gonna be a lot of songs in SSE, it'll be kind of weird.

I still like its menu 1 and original versions most. Oh, and the Wifi waiting room theme, lol.

I remember Yoshi's Story (YES I like that game) had a remix of its main theme on almost every stage, and it did it pretty darn well.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Actually, yes, very much so. And all of the people who are saying they don't mind...I doubt any of them have the soundtrack yet. Once you guys get the game, you'll realize just...how...many...times...it's...used. There are remixes out the wazoo. I haven't taken the time to count, but I'd guess at least 30 different versions of it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
My man Cdot and I were talking the other day about how annoying the song was getting. I think it's because adding lyrics to a song makes it sound repetitive and annoying.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I have the soundtrack, SinisterLizard.
It was kind of surprising how many times it's used, which is why I think it'll bug me in the SSE. But! I like the main theme so much that it's not so bad. I mean, I go around humming it all day now...even the variations. So yeah lol.

Top Bottom