• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the Down throw have a chaingrab or any other special qualities attatched to it?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I use it for some very nice 12% damage, but it has this weird throw angle...can I utilize it for anything else?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I've seen a cpu tech it, so it might have some tech chase properties.

Though I don't use wolf much. D:

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I've seen it teched 6 times in a row by a lvl 6 computer once, only reason I kept doing it after 2nd tech was to see how many times in a row they can do it

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
If they techroll forwards, your blaster can hit them
If they techroll backwards, I think your turned fsmash can connect.
If they tech without rolling, well I dont know, I haven't had anyone do that to me yet.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
at low percent down throw to fsmash
high percent down throw to lazor
when down throwing an opponent over an edge they fall, they do not just travel horizontally, ,this makes an excellent kill setup and a few chars with bad vert recovery can be down thrown to an easy edgegaurd

Patinator

Smash Champion
If you feel like being flashy, you can KO with it. It sends a person off-stage at a really sharp angle, so some may have some problems. Above 120% or so... o_O

So, you can edgeguard with Wolf's D-Throw.

And like Kosk said, against a wall you can semi-chaingrab. Add to that Wolf's REALLY fast pummel... You got yourself a move.

This sounds familiar... -_-; XD

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
At low precents on lots of characters you can downthrow to AAA combo, and sometiems follow that up with ftilt, the ftilt is biased though. It can be teched at ur feet, they pop right up at ur feet, no one done to me yet but I saw it done in a either germ's or luciens matchs against that D3.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I find myself doing this a lot of times, and it works kind of well. I have not tested this extensively or anything but my brother and friends usually play with... Link, Toon Link, Falco, Fox, R.O.B., etc.

For the most part when edguarding and you throw someone off to the side, and they end up grabbing the ledge, a good tactic I like to use is standing right next to him on the ledge, but not DIRECTLY next to him, a few steps back, facing him. If he hits the attack button, (unless the knockback is too great, again, haven't tested it) you should be able to quickly do a down grab which sends him right back to grabbing the ledge. You can keep repeating this.

Stand near the ledge, down grab, he catches the ledge again, hits attack, down grab.

Of course, he has to attack. But the neat part is if he jumps you can always try to b-air or u-air quickly too, which usually hits, as long as you are prepared. Just have to watch out with Toon Link and such character's d-air. Although I have managed to pull off reflectors in time for that too which leads to some nice moves you can show off.

Hope it helps. :)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I re-read that and realize I was a little vague.

To clarify, if you are DIRECTLY next to him on the ledge when he grabs it, he will attack and push you to the ledge and you yourself will be holding on to it.

Also, you have to shield the attack, of course. Wolf's shield seems to be pretty sweet and while holding shield just hit the A (I think) button that lets you grab while shielding. You can pull off a quick kick or two if you want also.

Also if they decide to jump on the ledge I like to jump after them and try to use the reflector, cancelling anything they might do and you can work your magic after that.

Also the same tactic (blocking and grabbing when they are on the ledge) you can pop reflector when they attack, and counter fast with down smash. Nice finisher.

Top Bottom