• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does pikachu have a spike move?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Pretty much as the title says, I play pikachu every once in a while, but Its really dissapointing not able to spike someone to their doom, so my question is, does pika have a spike?

gallax

Smash Hero
well no. the thunder can sometims can hit them downwards but its very super ultra rare. you have to be right above them. so the answer is no.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Hmm, thats a shame, I was like Wtf when I saved my opponent in the air by using dair, it makes them go up, not down D:

K 2

Smash Lord
Pikachu is so good without a spike. He doesn't need a spike to own everyone else.
I noticed characters with good recoveries have no spikes or hard to land spikes(Pika, MK, Pit), and characters with bad recovery have amazing spikes (Ganon, Ike)

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu is so good without a spike. He doesn't need a spike to own everyone else.
I noticed characters with good recoveries have no spikes or hard to land spikes(Pika, MK, Pit), and characters with bad recovery have amazing spikes (Ganon, Ike)
you missed R.O.B. ;D
awesome recovery + spike (even if it is hard to land you get used to it) = awesomeness
haha

although i have to admit pika doesn't need a spike to be awesome, i like him the way he is

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu can Stage Spike at least, but then again, every character can do that, I think.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Juggle,juggle,juggle,juggle,juggle,juggle,juggle,juggle.
CHAINTHROW!
CHAINTHROW!
CHAINTHROW!
CHAINTHROW!

I do love the new u air

Im getting an infraction for this am'nt I........

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Most of the mods are pretty cool though so I think im alright.Plus its somewhat on topic because the u air can........aw forget it.

Mouldy_Taco

Smash Rookie
Pika's NAir isn't really a spike, but it gets the job done (that is, getting your opponent FAR away from the edge)

If it's well placed, they'll either be side-KO'd, or won't be able to recover(unless it's someone like pit )

BTW, i'm new to smashboards, and proudly main Pika!

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's down smash can sometimes semi-spike if you're near the edge and your opponent is coming up from the air below (they may either bounce off of the stage walls or fall diagonally downwards towards the stage).

Oh, though it wasn't really a spike, I recently did a footstool+nair combo on Battlefield below the stage, resulting in my opponent to fall diagonally down towards the center-bottom of the stage. Just getting those ideas out there~

Top Bottom