• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does my Bowser pwn? (vids inside)

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman

Beo

Smash Apprentice
I personally never touch the grab button as Bowser, since >B is so good, which I rarely seen you use.

The rest of this is just personal opinion, but since I'm not good with words it'll sound like I'm being a jerk, but I try not to be.

Ground game was solid, air game could use some work.

Flame Thrower edge guard only works so well, try some B Airs and U Airs.

Try not to use F Smash so much, while it is Bowsers strongest move, it is -far- from his best, I would even go as far as to suggest Tilt-sticking, since really Bowsers D Smash is the only one worth using often. D Smash out of shield? <3

Try to find other ways to approach other then F Air and Dash Attack, Fortress and Inf Jump work well.

Dash Attack is also pretty mediocre, because of the xbox hueg landing lag.

BOWSERCIDE MORE! Most matches I turn around are because I Bowsercide. They pretty much rock and are the reason Bowser is good in this game. Easiest way is to delay the recovery when they're waiting to U Smash/Tilt you because you'll come from up top, and >B them, since they're already close to the edge there is a good chance you can get him, and if not...18% damage!

U Tilt is also a good attack, use it.

edit: The Shepp 2 match was really good, best of the 4 imo. The use of the Flame Thrower in that match was very good (Also using Snakes grenades against him made me lol). But around the 2:45 min mark, you should have gone for a Bowsercide instead of recovering above snake, that U Smash is a beast, it also could have ended the game right there since you were both around the same %.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I personally never touch the grab button as Bowser, since >B is so good, which I rarely seen you use.

The rest of this is just personal opinion, but since I'm not good with words it'll sound like I'm being a jerk, but I try not to be.

Ground game was solid, air game could use some work.

Flame Thrower edge guard only works so well, try some B Airs and U Airs.

Try not to use F Smash so much, while it is Bowsers strongest move, it is -far- from his best, I would even go as far as to suggest Tilt-sticking, since really Bowsers D Smash is the only one worth using often. D Smash out of shield? <3

Try to find other ways to approach other then F Air and Dash Attack, Fortress and Inf Jump work well.

Dash Attack is also pretty mediocre, because of the xbox hueg landing lag.

BOWSERCIDE MORE! Most matches I turn around are because I Bowsercide. They pretty much rock and are the reason Bowser is good in this game. Easiest way is to delay the recovery when they're waiting to U Smash/Tilt you because you'll come from up top, and >B them, since they're already close to the edge there is a good chance you can get him, and if not...18% damage!

U Tilt is also a good attack, use it.

edit: The Shepp 2 match was really good, best of the 4 imo. The use of the Flame Thrower in that match was very good (Also using Snakes grenades against him made me lol). But around the 2:45 min mark, you should have gone for a Bowsercide instead of recovering above snake, that U Smash is a beast, it also could have ended the game right there since you were both around the same %.
Thanks! I do need to find another way to approach other then Fair. Its so risky. I've been trying Forward B as an approach but I have to learn the right spot to use it or I'll get punished coming down on them.

More comments please! :)

Flayl

Smash Hero
I definitely agree on U-tilting and chasing off the edge more. However, D-smash has horrible priority and should only be done when someone is right next to you (or rolls into you).

When you see someone is going to miss an aerial or they're charging an up smash punish them with bowser bomb (there are exceptions of course, like snake)

Dash attack is ok if it's the only move besides fire breath that will hit them and you want to knock them off the stage. But like said above, it's pretty awful as an approach.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I've found FireBreath to be a fairly good approach if used correctly but against someone like Toon Link then its tough. You have to predict hardcore!

Down Air works well as an approach sometimes too. I need to do it more.

-I don't complain about players tactics, I find away around them!

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I didn't see you post any of this on Brawl central. or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Either way, your Bowser has room for improvement. Thats a good thing. It seems you constantly hesitated to make an attack and that could just be your play style with him.

Talk with me more on BC and I'll help build your Bowser up some more.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
I usually only approach with Flame, Running F Air, Dash Attack if hes at high %, Inf Jump, >b.

and this is a new one I have just started doing, but -WALK-, not run. and approach with D/F Tilt, it's worked wonders for me

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I mostly rush my opponent so I usually run or walk quickly to use tilts or other attacks.

D-air has it's uses, but not as an approach since it's horribly punishable. Short-hop-flame also works wonders.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Walking instead of running is a core part of how i play bowser, don't know how I forgot to mention that.

Anybody been able to shield dash grab with bowser? I haven't really tried it.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
There were a few points where there was a clear opening on an enemy which you didn't take (which I'm sure was a spur of the moment thing), but other than that it was fine.

There were other openings you DID take so it evens out.

Popertop

Smash Champion
for toon link, he actually has to approach you.
flame breath cancels out his bow and boomerang, which leaves him with his bombs, which you can catch and throw back at him.
you outrange him on the ground, so try forcing him to approach, and if that doesn't work, I dunno...

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I think he meant that Link's projectiles die on FB, not that you can cancel it somehow (god I wish you could...).

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
something i suggest doing is
since the Fair approach is usually blocked, try jumping tors them with a >B
grabs em out of shield and does amazing damage, as well as putting the opponent in the air for bowsers amazing aierial to work

Popertop

Smash Champion
inf jump approach would add that, and also give his Bowser more mobility.
Also, you could land with an aerial, or a PoF, or ff into a grab maybe...

Buuman

Smash Ace
yeah get better...I saw no infinite jump, too many rolls, you didnt abuse the buffering system, and UP B out of the shield more

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
you missed some good opportunities

also you need vids against some fast characters

your bowser is pretty alright it seems

Top Bottom