• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does F-air combo into PK Jumped PK Fire?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I was watching my younger brother play on training mode the other day(since all he ever does is put cpus to 999%, get a smash ball and use it on them) when I decided to interrupt him to keep myself from falling asleep.

I made him practice agianst Bowser using Ness and as he was messing around I noticed that it seemed to combo. I tested this on him with a few characters and it actually worked(Ness lands behind most of them though after PK Jumping which can either help or harm you).

Thing is, my bro isn't all that good so I don't know if this is accurate. All tests were done with characters from 0% dmg.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I just tested it on the CPU. PK Jump sends Ness too high for the bolt to hit his opponent, so the opponent would have to be tall, like Bowser. It also sends the bolt farther, which means the Fair would have to push them back farther. if they get pushed back far enough to be hit by the bolt, usually they can shield, spotdodge, roll, or roll either way off of the ground to avoid it. I suppose it could combo sometimes if the opponent doesn't see it coming.

More likely to work is a mistimed PK Jump. you get sent forward rather than diagnoally. And I'm assuming the F-air is fullhopped for obvious reasons. With this you can hit them with F-air, retreat it, then jump forward right back to them with a mistimed PK Jump =P I'm pretty sure you can't lag cancel this, though.

It still sounds like something I'd try on real people, since it seems like an interesting thing to do. After I try it on people, I'll come back with the results if you need them.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Man of Popsicle finds you lolworthy.

No, but Fair > anything in the air will seldom ever be a combo. Multihit attacks are the easiest to DI, so you'd have to read your opponent extremely well (and just be plain lucky) to pull it off consistently against human players.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
The last hit of fair is the only thing that I see that could potentially combo.
Fair's overall low hitstun, coupled with PK Fire's intense start-up lag...
If there was shield stun... Fair -> Grab, but whatever.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Yeah. Ignore this thread. It's been a bit TOO long since I've played with people who were fairly decent at this game. My brother loses to lvl 1 cpus. Not sure why I bothered practicing on him.

Top Bottom