• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does diddy work on teams?

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Hey does anyone have doubles experience with diddy kong? The last few times I played doubles in tournaments I didn't used him because I had a hunch the nanerz would cause too much chaos with my team mate, but I think I remember reading on here someone saying diddy is good on teams?

The person I would team with plays GaW so I have visions of people slipping into his smashes. I just don't want the nanerz to get in our way.

So can someone with TOURNAMENT EXPERIENCE tell me how diddy does on teams, or point me to some vids or something?

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
In my experience with Diddy kong for teams. I had visions of him doing really good in teams with certain characters like snake and metaknight. In theory he is good but when it comes down to it at a faced paced teams match you really have no time to get bananas out and use them effectivly. But diddy is a pretty good on 1v2(him versing 2 other people) just wont be able to use bananas that often. So if you had a camping GaW and diddy was doing most of the work he might do good then.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Toon Link seems like he can do well as long as the two players are on the same wave length and don't hit each other too often

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I don't have any doubles tournament experience, but I have found that Diddy works fairly well on teams. Just make sure your banana grouping is not too close to your partner and it shouldn't interupt his play. His speed allows you to create a lot of two on one situations, which is a big plus. Also, a banana is a great way to help your partner out if he is either about to be punished, edge guarded, etc. I've never had a problem pulling bananas, but we usually play on FD for doubles so I can imagine how hard it is to get them out on smaller stages...In the end, he is very capable of taking on two opponents if necessary.

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
I don't have much tournament experience, but what I can say is this:
Diddy kong has little trouble doing damage, so the best things to look for in a partner is one that can avoid bananas, or are better suited to take the hits. MK and Snake are among his best partners. MK because he can avoid bananas well, and is overall a decent doubles choice. Snake also complements Diddy because of his good finishers and his weight.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if you already main diddy, hes fine in teams.

when people ask this question, you guys need to stop thinking about the banana issue. In most teams matches, its usually not a good idea to have two bananas out on the field anyway. With usually half of the stage to work with, you really only need 1, or no bananas at all to be effective.

if you dont main diddy, and youre looking for someone to pick up for teams, dont pick diddy. There's better choices to be made than him, despite how amazing he is.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If you want to play Diddy Kong in Doubles you've got to have excellent banana control. Try not to use them when your partner is near bye and 1 is more perfered than 2 during doubles.

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you want to play Diddy Kong in Doubles you've got to have excellent banana control. Try not to use them when your partner is near bye and 1 is more perfered than 2 during doubles.
I disagree, two are better if you keep them in a limited area to yourself.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I disagree, two are better if you keep them in a limited area to yourself.
It won't work like that. Once you have to leave your going to be probably leaving 2 banana's there and one of them is going to be picked up by the opponent and then everybody starts slipping and usually diddy kong isn't the one who can get it back.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It won't work like that. Once you have to leave your going to be probably leaving 2 banana's there and one of them is going to be picked up by the opponent and then everybody starts slipping and usually diddy kong isn't the one who can get it back.
That never happened to me, I never had trouble recovering them at all and my teammate worked with them as well.

DUB

Smash Lord
It's not so much you it's your partner. If he has a problem with it then it's probably not the best bet. Practice with it and Diddy can be a force in teams. Helps to team with someone who has good finishers ( DK, Snake, DK, Ike, DK, or DK).

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
dk is crazy with diddy in teams

5 things to learn

1. sideb hump to jump off holds them in place for a dk ko move on stage. best. team attack. ever.

2. dk can cargo dthrow into a diddy spike if he knows the spacing

3. diddy can dthrow into a dk spike if he knows the spacing

4. dk likes nanas, his glide toss is broked

5. diddy dthrow - dk usmash = 40-50% kos

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
This is pretty debatable. Diddy can be good if you have a camping teammate, but otherwise I think his bananas could be horrible for your teammate. I'd have to try it out, though.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
he's just going to have to be more careful with the nanas, and your partner needs to know how to manipulate them too.

basically, not a pickup and play teammate, but great if you team with the same guy every time (brother/best friend/only other guy in your area/you get the picture)

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
dk is crazy with diddy in teams

5 things to learn

1. sideb hump to jump off holds them in place for a dk ko move on stage. best. team attack. ever.

2. dk can cargo dthrow into a diddy spike if he knows the spacing

3. diddy can dthrow into a dk spike if he knows the spacing

4. dk likes nanas, his glide toss is broked

5. diddy dthrow - dk usmash = 40-50% kos
****, didn't know my team would be that good:p I'm going to get to use this with my friend, probarly.

Top Bottom