• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does D-Air beat MK's Up-B?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Let me just first say that this MK was bad. The player who was playing MK isn't a very good one. He complains about my projectile spamming and how I do it too much, and then we had a match where I threw no projectiles at all, and I -still- won with 2 stock out of 3 left.

With that in mind, during one of our fights, he tried to set up a shuttle loop by doing a U-throw. I decided not to DI away from it and just did D-air, and suddenly the D-air worked.

I don't use Link against MK much, so I'm curious if this always works, or if it was due to the player's suckiness?

sasook

Smash Champion
Dunno really, but the dair has insane priority. Only a few moves can go through it, like Olimar's upsmash, and MAYBE ranged attacks, like ZSS's upsmash/upb.

4Serial

Smash Lord
i dunno why people are always saying the d-air has insane priority
i always have some really bull**** moves beating it like pit's u-air.
I wouldn't risk going off the edge purposely and trying to d-air MK, because the hitbox of the move is pathetic, and if he gets you from the side with a reverse shuttle loop or something, you're pretty much screwed.

sasook

Smash Champion
i dunno why people are always saying the d-air has insane priority
i always have some really bull**** moves beating it like pit's u-air.
I wouldn't risk going off the edge purposely and trying to d-air MK, because the hitbox of the move is pathetic, and if he gets you from the side with a reverse shuttle loop or something, you're pretty much screwed.
Oh, guess I was wrong then. But no one mentioned anything about edgeguarding with the dair.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Oh, guess I was wrong then. But no one mentioned anything about edgeguarding with the dair.
Yes they have... That's one thing about the dair now, you can jump off the stage with it for edgeguarding and still recover...

sasook

Smash Champion
Yes they have... That's one thing about the dair now, you can jump off the stage with it for edgeguarding and still recover...
I meant in this particular topic, no one has brought up 'jumping off the edge to use dair' before 4Serial, so it was kind of random.

Link_hero_Tubs

Smash Rookie
to answer the question .. yes dair beats shuttleloop but only if he flies up into it. if he get hit its cuz he got u from the side and .. well you prolly deserved it for missing the legendary dair. and yes dair does insane priority, sometimes it takes a lil timing but for the most part its one of the moves that link was blessed with to keep him from being a total piece of crap

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So basically D-air beats Metaknight's Up-B but only from the bottom. Hmmm... I guess it's not very reliable against reverse shuttle loops then. Better stick to air dodging.

Top Bottom