• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does anyone like mushroomy kingdom

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I love the whole ruins idea but I never seem to go on that stage.
I hate the underground level because of all the boxes. They make smashing your opponent difficult.

Roxa

Smash Rookie
I like the concept a lot and it's actually a nice change of pace when I'm playing against my friends but I don't like it in a competitive setting because of how easy getting kills can be with the side of the stage constantly coming towards you.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's not that bad, just I don't like going there. Scrolling stages are bad experiances for me, ever since Icicle Mountain or whatever it was in Melee.

Iraku

Smash Cadet
It's one of the best stage concepts I've seen in the Smash Bros. series, but it would've been nice if we could choose between 1-1 and 1-2. At least with 1-1, there aren't blocks on the ceiling all the time. And this isn't just taking sprites from the original levels and making them into a SSBB stage. They actually took the time to make the level look like it aged. The music choices are awesome as well.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I love fighting on the o.g. mario level, but i don't think it'll be too popular competitively. On the other hand though, it might be one of the more popular *scrolling* levels competitively, since the other scrolling levels aren't as 1v1 friendly.

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
It's one of the best stage concepts I've seen in the Smash Bros. series, but it would've been nice if we could choose between 1-1 and 1-2. At least with 1-1, there aren't blocks on the ceiling all the time. And this isn't just taking sprites from the original levels and making them into a SSBB stage. They actually took the time to make the level look like it aged. The music choices are awesome as well.
"You can ensure you go to World 1-1 on the Mushroomy Kingdom stage by holding down a button as you select the stage. For the GameCube and Classic Controllers, hold down the X or Y Buttons. For the Wii Remote control scheme, use the A Button, and for the Nunchuk and Wii Remote combo, hold down the Z Button.

If you feel like you’d like to play Mushroomy Kingdom’s World 1-2, you can choose that one as well. When playing with the GameCube or Classic Controller, hold down the L Button or R Button while selecting the stage to go to World 1-2. When using a Wii Remote, hold the B Button, and when using the Nunchuk and Wii Remote combo, hold down the C Button" -smash wiki

I like mushroomy kindom and it's nostalgia. sure it's a scolling stage, but I never had much a problem with icicle moutain(or rumble falls now) because i like some battles to vary. Now that doesn't mean I want to go to a scrolling stage every match.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
I actually enjoy playing on Mushroomy Kingdom, but only for fun and when I want to just mess around.

If I want to have a serious match with someone, then Mushroomy Kingdom probably won't be the best option :p

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I think it's a decent stage, but I would've liked it if the stage was more up beat and happy looking like in the original game. The whole "deserted ruins" thing isn't really that cool IMO.

nwb

Smash Rookie
I wish Mushroomy Kingdom could scroll faster and can randomly change direction it's scrolling to.

Mendou

Smash Rookie
Mushroomy Kingdom is like marmite, you either love it, or you hate it. Personally, I don't think it's that bad, but I'm not crazy on scrolling arenas. The underground version is the worst, mostly because you're confined into it. As I said, it's okay, but it's not my favourite.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
It'd be better if the ceiling was higher... then lightweights wouldn't be so super easy to KO on this stage. <.<
When it was first announced I was excited for this stage, but after playing it a few times I found that I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Not me, I don't like almost any scrolling stage.
Rainbow Cruise being the except because it's pretty rare that you simply walk to your death.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Eh...it's ok. The concept is incredible, but as a stage I generally don't like it.

I do, however, enjoy it much more than super mario bros. Stupid stage.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
I quite like it. Its like rainbow road, and poke' floats in melee. I love stages that move.

But not rumble falls and iceicle mountain in melee. They just terrible.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong. I hate scrolling stages like Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls. But both Mushroomy Kingdoms are actually my favourite brawl stages both competitively and for messing around. I nearly always choose it on online.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well I have to admit, the first time I played trhis stage it was my all time favorite seeing that it was from the original Super Mario Bros., but once I played this stage over and over I got bored and eventually lost interest, but all in all the scrolling ain't so bad since it gives you that classic feeling of the original game

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Mushroomy Kingdom is a good stage. I don't play on it too often, but it is pretty cool. Heck, they even got that invisible block from 1-1 and all the blocks that had power ups in the original in there. I don't get why everyone hates 1-2, though. You can rack up a lot of damage there.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
1-1 would be a great competitive stage if it weren't for DDD chaingrabbing people against the walls and off the sides.

Top Bottom