• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anybody NOT have Brawl on reserve yet?

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
You must be a very humble person! I would go crazy if I wasn't able to get Brawl for a long time!!! :psycho:
You bet-cha. I entertaing myself by playing the SSB64 on a rusty Nintendo 64. It's not providing any fun at all, I just play 3 CPU (my friends are complete noobs at this so it's not fun to play them).
Jeez, if I dont get a Wii or at least a Gamecube and SSBM b4 I leave the States I'm bombing nintendo for their ****ty restocking.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I don't think it will be very hard to find. I don't want to pre-order it at my local GameStop because I don't know if they will have a midnight release for it. So far, my plan is to pick it up at Walmart at Midnight. It worked for GH III (first in line to purchase), so yeah.

Yeh. Not even Halo 3 was hard to find. Doubt this one will be any different.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I have a Gamestop, EB Games, and Game Crazy all really close by each other. I'll probably check those out first, and if I can't find it, I'll go to a lesser known store, like KB Toys. I'll probably call all of them beforehand too.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
You bet-cha. I entertaing myself by playing the SSB64 on a rusty Nintendo 64. It's not providing any fun at all, I just play 3 CPU (my friends are complete noobs at this so it's not fun to play them).
Jeez, if I dont get a Wii or at least a Gamecube and SSBM b4 I leave the States I'm bombing nintendo for their ****ty restocking.

Have you even played Melee yet??? O.O

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Yeah, seems that companies or stores (or whoever's in charge) are smart enough to prepare for the big game releases. GameStop sure wouldn't want a ton of angry Brawl-less smashers on their hands on release day. [tangent] Same thing for books. Instead of waiting in line at midnight for HP 7, I just went the next day and picked on up for the (very literal) mountain of books they had.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I have a Gamestop, EB Games, and Game Crazy all really close by each other. I'll probably check those out first, and if I can't find it, I'll go to a lesser known store, like KB Toys. I'll probably call all of them beforehand too.
GameCrazy FAILS.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I wanted to know about NW because when the Wii was released, NW was the only place you could find it for months here in NYC. Also, I went to get Pokemon D/P there and when I got home, a whole bunch of my friends were complaining that Gamestop didn't have it. x)

Drone 147

Smash Rookie
First of all Drclaw, comparing SSBB to wiiplay is no where near accurate... Do you honestly think they print the same amount of copies for every single game?

The reason Halo 3 was not sold out anywhere and has been shelves since the release is because it was the most anticipated game of the year.

SSBB, being the most anticipated game of quarter 1 08, will be covering the shelves of game stores for ATLEAST a FEW days if not a WEEK or so.

That being said here's a couple of good reasons to WAIT to preorder.

1. Your selected store may not have it until the day after release.

2. Your selected store may not have a midnight release.

3. Your selected store may not have givaways.

I, NEVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, have ever found major game to be sold out on opening day.

And unless Brawl is literally the embodiment of the second coming(however close that statement is to the truth :p) I doubt my streak will change.

Get up at 9:00 and check your local gaming store, and I guarentee there will be a copy just for you .

Top Bottom