Shield stun (or lack of) a problem for little mac
so ive noticed that recently ive had a problem with shield/grab spammers. i don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but almost none of macs attacks are safe on shield, because shield stun is almost non-existent. problem is, his only alternative is grab. and the grab on mac is so notoriously bad, that if i whiff it i get punished, so my spacing has to be perfect on my only safe moves, d-tilt, and sometimes f-tilt (jabs sometimes too). i should mention i am an advanced player and little mac player, so i know his frame data, and advanced techniques, as well as follow-ups and combos. so my questions are:
1. has anyone else had trouble with this on a regular basis, or had to change their game play?
2. have you found any solutions for this problem, and how consistent is it?
3. how often do you see this kind of problem, and what levels of gameplay do you see it and have trouble with (beginner, intermediate, advanced)?
4. is it more difficult to deal with online or offline?
ill answer my own first.
1. i have trouble every 3/10 matches, and have to play a much more defensive mac (i typically play aggro and pressure).
2. typically only using low cooldown, and chipping away at the shield, or grabbing if i think my spacing is right, however, they catch on to the chipping and start rolling and wait for shield to regenerate (and it regenerates stupidly fast), or if i whiff the grab, they punish.
3. as i said, every 3/10 on average, but its heavily abused at mid to high levels of gameplay, because advanced players are exploiting the lack of shield stun in this game. this is also why some of the best charactes in smash (shiek,luigi, rosalina, sonic, captain falcon, etc.) all have good grab games and/or solid aerials, since the grab can be abused, and aerials juggle opponents (not enabling them to shield). little mac has neither of these characteristics, which is why he struggles and is only mid tier.
4. i find that it is more often difficult online, since lag makes timing even worse, and punishes even harder, which encourages more defensive game play online. offline it is still a problem though, since the opponents reaction time is better read, so shielding on reaction then punishing is a reliable and effective way to play.
all in all, i feel that there should be a patch that increases shield stun, not a whole lot, maybe 5-10 frames, but enough so THE ENTIRE CAST can throw out safe moves on shield not not get punished for it, but shielding is still reliable for defense and reads, and there is also still perfect shielding so you can punish out of shield still. i feel that most of the roster's tilts should be safe on shield, and their smashes and certain specials are their hard reads and punishes, or finishers on follow ups.
so, what are your guy's thoughts (btw me first thread please don't judge to hard.