• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc's potential.

boss8

Smash Hero
as i enter a turnament i feel confident i feel doc has no counter if you play your cards right.i mean come on it's doc. but seriouusly how much potential does doc have to make it to the top,or will he remain a mid tier outkast??? please inform all of us.

ss118

Smash Master
Doc's potential can't be explained. He's probably the most average of all the characters, he doesn't really counter anyone, yet has no speific counters himself.

asob4

Smash Champion
he's like a normal type in pokemon
only one thing really beats him, and that's gimping lol

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
What about Marth? doesnt his range kinda give him the advantage over docs stuby arms?

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Anyone with a reach longer than 3 cm is a bit of a pain for doc.

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
I think the upB cancel is the only bt of Doc that has potential
And the only person I have seen perform that more than once is smac. He did a bunch of them at once in a vid on pokemon stadium. He had nothing else to do because the stage was in one of the gay modes and he and his opponent didn't want the obstacles getting in the way.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Ive seen Dan do one or two before in a couple of his matches.

Pitbull

Smash Cadet
He has alot of potential I agree. But the main reason I think that he will always remain in Mid Tier is his horrible recovery. It has little horizontal reach and if someone takes advantage of it your screwed.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
I dont know, people arent usually too keen to jump out and hit him with the pills flying and cape at ledge lvl.

Pitbull

Smash Cadet
I dont know, people arent usually too keen to jump out and hit him with the pills flying and cape at ledge lvl.
The pills and cape definately do help Docs recovery... but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't make up for his recovery being so unreliable.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Yea its bad, but when life gives you lemons, make lemon pie.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
ahahaha, dont get mad get even =D. yay, im a journeyman

KlassixFTW

Smash Cadet
doc has a whole @^#% load of potential, as long as you have a good game, and you don't get influenced by the situation

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
And the only person I have seen perform that more than once is smac. He did a bunch of them at once in a vid on pokemon stadium. He had nothing else to do because the stage was in one of the gay modes and he and his opponent didn't want the obstacles getting in the way.
I've seen smac escape from falco's dair shine with it before.

sk8tinGam0r

Smash Cadet
the upB cancel can be performed by a couple people: $mac(of coarse), iv seen eighteen spikes do it, ME :D, and DaShizWiz can do it(even though he is a falco main). its an amazing move if u cancel it. u cant get punished from it cause it does stun and ur on the ground. it cant really be combo'ed but it throws ur opponent offguard, its so funny when u do it and there like "WTF WAS THAT!" too good.

Pitbull

Smash Cadet
I can do UpB cancel myself and yea it does throw your opponent offguard. Especially if you can do it out of a shield.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
I can do UpB cancel myself and yea it does throw your opponent offguard. Especially if you can do it out of a shield.
yeah like me. we play a lot and when he gets me there is nothin i can do. me and pitbull are gonna get vids soon.

Top Bottom