• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think Zelda looks better in Melee or Brawl?

Luthien

Smash Ace
ugh make sure you don't take graphics into account the topic is on design, comparing an updated melee zelda to brawl zelda. OBVIOUSLY graphic wise brawl zelda looks better, but that like comparing melee zelda to N64 OoT zelda. Only compare designs.

Most ppl chose brawl zelda due to the irrelevent argument of graphics or that they genuinly liked her better in brawl. Honestly if you liked how zelda was in melee at all you woudn't like the way she is in brawl.
Amen. I prefer Brawl (rather TP) because of the outfit changes. Pink is girly. Purple and White represent royalty (honourable/respectable) and purity. Zelda's still innocent, but she's no longer naive-looking in Brawl.

In brawl she looks menacing and aggressive while in melee (and all Zelda games too as a matter of fact) she is passive and wise. Though she doesn't look all that menacing in the commercial so im on kindof even ground between the two, but my opinion is she would probably look better in an updraded melee look (with her hair not braided into a psuedoponytail) than the brawl look.
I was JUST going to say that. It might just be the picture, though. Like Drake said, she might just be confident; passive and wise isn't always a good thing. Zelda seemed to have a much stronger will in TP (kind of) than OoT, so I'm hoping for that difference alone. I'm not looking for Miss Piggy aggression or anything, just some backbone. I like the Brawl outfit as it stands; I'm not sure about the upgraded Melee thing, though.

urbandayz2

Smash Rookie
Just quickly if we are taking facial expression into account then we should use the face from the advert!!!! Cause in the others she is showing a specific emotion; ergo :. if you pull a sad face you too will look different! As for the design it further accentuates her royal position over the melee design...i think that they did a fantastic job!

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I really like her Brawl design.
Her dress being on of the best aspects.

I just love the way it flows in all of her attacks.
Its just so elegant *o*

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
The first time I saw Brawl Zelda, I didn't like it. But some days later I realized that she actually looks better in Brawl. She looks special, realistic, and not as cartoonish like in Melee. Though, I would prefer loose hair instead of the braid she has in Brawl. But it doesn't matter. ^^
really? i find the braids make her look better and i definetly preffer brawl version over melee version. she looks very regal and wise wheras in melee she looked like everytime she hit someone she'd say teeheehee dont ask me im just a girl

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who thinks her boots are awesome ?
you are not alone. i never liked zelda's high heels they just seemed out of place. besides the boots really show that shes gone from a barbie girl (ssbm) to a regal woman (ssbb) and i find the braids pretty not hideous as some people are saying

Iris

Smash Ace
Go figure Sheik would get a blade before Zelda. Talk about rude!

I think it's pretty obvious that Zelda's TP rapier is going to be collecting dust.

yuthe

Smash Rookie
Brawl Zelda - hands down! The blonde and pink were always a bit too glaring for me. Brawl Zelda's dress is the epitome of elegance, and the crown, braids and metal shoulder pads are not only very detailed, but give her a distinct appearance (Melee Zelda looked too much like a generic princess). Wasn't a huge fan of the boots initially, but they are better than heels. Plus, their brown color goes well with her hair. Well done, Nintendo!

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
really? i find the braids make her look better and i definetly preffer brawl version over melee version. she looks very regal and wise wheras in melee she looked like everytime she hit someone she'd say teeheehee dont ask me im just a girl
I like the braids she has in the front, they are awsome. But I'd really like to see her with loose hair (remove the braid on the back).

Still, I love TP Zelda. There is absolutely no need for her to get edited. :p

Arean

Smash Ace
Maybe one of her taunts might show her use that rapier.... I want to see her at least brandish it...

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
I like the braids she has in the front, they are awsome. But I'd really like to see her with loose hair (remove the braid on the back).

Still, I love TP Zelda. There is absolutely no need for her to get edited. :p
Nooo, not the return of the sausage hair! :urg:

S2

Smash Lord
Brawl by a long shot.

That being said, I like the Brawl model but with the blond Melee colored version of Zelda. I wonder what color Sheik goes along with it?

Kips

Smash Ace
Brawl by a long shot.

That being said, I like the Brawl model but with the blond Melee colored version of Zelda. I wonder what color Sheik goes along with it?
I think Sheik will mostly stay the same in between switches except for costume color and skin color. Don't trust me on that one though. Bubblegum Pink haired Ninjas have never been seen before, but it could happen!

Top Bottom