• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you rotate mains on wi-fi?

Slike

Smash Cadet
There are three ways you can do it.

1. Stay the same. Alot of these people are really good, with continuos practice with a single char.

2. Random. This is really rare for brawlers, and I've never seen it happen.

3. Be the winner. Change to the char. who wins, as seen in another topic here.

4. Rotate with your mains, but use your best first. I do Ness, Dedede, Toon Link, Diddy, Yoshi, start over.

But what do you do? And do you win with what you do? Personally, I dominate with ness, and dedede, but my other three mains I'm usually second or third.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I generally switch between mains. I use Marth, Dedede, and Ganon, in that order. Ganon, not as much, but I'll use him on occasion.

GraveNeedle

Smash Cadet
New York. I really need to train. ;_; AIM: Toonika
Usually if I'm just playing for fun, I'll randomly alternate between my mains (Ness, Kirby, Mario). It's fun and unpredictable, which can give you an upperhand. If I'm in a serious match, or I don't quite know who I'm up against, I'll always go with Ness (my best) first, though. If I can't break them down with him, I'll switch to another one.

I guess I'm a fusion of 1 and 4. :p

Tooth

Smash Rookie
When I play online, I use characters I'm not very good with to improve my game. If I notice someone's playing with me that's outstanding, then I'll switch to one of my mains to see if I can beat them or learn anything new from fighting them.

Sonic_keyblade

Smash Apprentice
Random button Ftw... unless They are they same character again and again.... then I put their name onto my system and be the same person =)

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
Well, I usually rotate between Pit, Pikachu, ZSS/Samus, PKMN Trainer, and a little bit of Lucario and Wolf. If it's a casual match, I usually go for the last two because I have the least practice with them.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
My goal is to Get 3 wins with Toon Link, 2 wins with G&W, 1 win with Snake, and to play using Wario once. I don' usually get past Toon Link though lol so sometimes I just switch to G&W when I get tired of losing with him.

Slayer Wong

Smash Rookie
I always stick to Toon Link, win or lose but for some reason, when I get 1st with Toon Link, I see ppl change to Adult Link. I find it odd.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
For me, it is usually:

Zelda, Link, Peach. ALL in RED. So if you notice that pattern, it is me;)

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Nope, I only use Meta Knight. Meta Knight is the only character I'm comfortable with using, because of the different levels of lag I come across. His lagless attacks give me a good indication of how bad the wifi lag is, and I can adapt to it. That's something I can't do with the other characters I use.

Geop

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, I do all of the above according to my mood and who I'm facing. If I need serious practice with one of my mains, I'll stay the same. If the opponent is bad, I will random. If the opponent uses many characters I will change according to who wins. If the opponent is good, I will rotate my mains.

Zevox

Smash Lord
To a degree, yeah. Usually I play a few matches with one character, then switch to another. Occasionally I'll just keep using Lucas when I want to practice with him, but usually I'll alternate between him, Ike, Dedede, Sonic, Lucario, and Marth, with a few other characters I'm not that good with thrown in when I feel like messing around.

Zevox

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
normally I use Sonic, but I'll switch to a random character or I'll just use mains Sonic, Meta Knight, Falco, Luigi, Samus, Snake, Sonic, Mario, Kirby, Sonic, Wolf, Sonic... I did mention Sonic right?...
——————
"being 'stupid' is something to be proud of... 'cause that is smart compared to me"

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I usually flip between 4-6 characters when playing with friends on Wi-Fi. When playing With Anyone, I will choose pretty much anyone I want to play with, whether I'm awful with them or not. I have found characters I am decent with just messing around on Wi-Fi

J18

Smash Journeyman
i play with a lot of characters on wi-fi with anyone, all of them not my main, cuz i main sonic and with the lag it's virtually impossible to do anything effective. unlike ike where it's just like "POINT THE YELLOW STICK AT THE BAD PEOPLE"

Guildenstern

Smash Apprentice
I like to switch it up in With Anyone. I haven't quite narrowed down a "main" yet, but I do have some characters I like more than others. A few schemes I've tried:

1. Pick a character I'm not as good with. Play with that character until I win. Switch to another character, repeat.

2. Pick a character that I expect to be at a disadvantage (i.e., against IkeSpam, etc.), play until I win.

3. Pick a character that goes with whatever stage was played in the last match; i.e., if it was the Pirate Ship, then Toon Link, etc.

I like the idea of switching to the losing character, I'll have to try that. I try to avoid switching to the winning character, and I avoid playing as the same character as anyone else, if I see someone playing the same character repeatedly.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
I have 5 mains Snake Zelda Falco Shiek Ike.
In order to play my snake u gotta beat my ike.
I'll cycle through other wise depending if i play the person a lot on my flist.
Zelda > Falco > shiek <>( if i lose ) > ike < > ( if i lose ) Snake til they quit.

FoolyCoolyGamer

Smash Cadet
If i'm just playing for the heck of it regardless of winning or losing, I'll play as Peach and Lucas, but if I want to turn it up and bring my A game, I switch to my reliable and powerful main Zero Suit Samus.

Micahc

Smash Ace
If I want to play well: Sheik

If I don't: Whoever I bloody well feel like.

Online it's mostly Sheik.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
I rotate,

Mario, Wario (overalls) and ROB. Ocasionally Sonic and Yoshi.

I don't switch each match, just from each group of people.

That's on basic/team brawls.

With friends, Mario, and if I handed you a nice defeat, Wario.

Pringer X

Smash Rookie
I rotate my mains (Bowser, Lucario, Wario, Link) usually. I don't have a specific order, though. Sometimes I'll switch every game, other times I'll play one for a few rounds and then switch to another one.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
I usually switch it up between my Mains in this order (Sonic, MK, Lucario, Marth, Toon Link). Toon Link and Marth I'm still trying to work on, But I place My Main Second and My Secondary first to see what group I bring up.

When I'm just messing around I'll choose random characters to fight with, and I always end my last match with the group as Ganondorf for the fun of it. It's always fun to see if I can actually win with him (I don't prefer using slow, power characters. I'm a lot more comfortable with speed characters.)

KUN

Smash Rookie
Ive switched mains before, first i mained MK and i used him for about a week, then i changed over to ike and then over to olimar, now i just main olimar and MK.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well right now I'm trying to try a whole bunch of new strategies with my Zamus so I'm mainly using her right now but once in a while when I'm starting to feel limited by Zamus restricted ways of fighting correctly then I switch back to my most comfortable feeling character, Sheik.

I use Zelda, my third against gay campers like Wolf just because most of theses wolves don't even know how to be aggressive since they are so stuck in their way of camping, and even if they do start to wise up my Zelda pretty beastly with all her buff and years of experience under my belt.

Truethirdeye

Smash Rookie
West Coast (CO) Let's Throw Down! I got Broadband!
Its the only way to make the game more fun. I hate kids who use Ike over and over and eventually I'm Ike and I school the living daylights out of the person. I use all characters so, staying one over and over just doesn't make any sence. Of course, I usually start off with my bests.

Zenonfury

Smash Cadet
I stay with my main..since he is my "main" i wanna get better with him. Plus is fun trying to beat so many different styles of play and chars with one char..shows your weaknesses and strengths. I find it most fun also because if you are playing with anyone ..they should know its you over and over who beats them =D

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
It depends on the match, if its a serious first-time match I use G&W for the first two matches, if my opponet changes then I'll move to Diddy, Toon Link or PKMN TRAINER . If we play enougth matches I'll just start picking random.

I've been picking random alot lately whenever I do offline matches. I want to try to be at least respectful with every Character.

Eventually if a Teir-list comes out I might pick up a lower ranked player too.

Top Bottom