• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do You Main Someone Who Has a Series You Don't Like?

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Star Fox sucked ever since Krystal showed up. They just totally jumped the shark.

Yet I main Wolf and second the other space furries.

I've also never played Gyromite OR Stack-up.

My friend played Earthbound when it was released, but she's a freak who's played 3/4 of all video games known to main and thinks most games released after 2000 fail.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I main Snake, however... i'm terrible in the MGS games, and by that... don't like them.

But you can tell I also main anyone who uses a sword, specially the Fire Emblem cast (if Hector or Ephraim were in it, i'd main them even if they don't main a sword).

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played the two NES games ROB was used in but I've heard they're terrible.

Everybody mains MK, but I do like the Kirby games.

I also like the Mother series (no, I didn't play the game when it was first released =P )

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
Okay people, I'll say this calmly:

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU MAIN A CHARACTER WHOSE SERIES YOU LIKE!! THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO MAIN A CHARACTER WHOSE SERIES THEY DON'T LIKE!! IF YOU LIKE YOUR MAINS SERIES, DON'T F**KING POST HERE!!! READ THE F**KING TITLE BEFORE YOU POST!

Zdogg

Smash Cadet

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU IF YOU MAIN A CHARACTER WHOSE SERIES YOU LIKE!! THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO MAIN A CHARACTER WHOSE SERIES THEY DON'T LIKE!! IF YOU LIKE YOUR MAINS SERIES, DON'T F**KING POST HERE!!! READ THE F**KING TITLE BEFORE YOU POST!

**** dude calm down. Its not that big of a deal.:laugh:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
The only main I've got that fits this is Marth I don't hate FE but I've never played one (I'm waiting for the FE1 remake on DS)

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
-I never REALLY liked Kirby, but I've always liked Dedede I guess...
-I do really like Super Mario, but I wish Bowser Jr. would have been in, I probably use him rather than Bowser
-I REALLY like Pokemon, probably my favorite DS game other than Megaman ZX (who also should have been in)
-Never liked Metroid, I always thought the games were REALLY boring and just not worth the hype, but it did give me ZSS ;)

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
one of my mains are lucas. I don't like rpgs or any single player game except for platformers and the mgs series for some reason. probably cuz it's so like a movie.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I hate jigglypuff
Now the Evil Jigglypuff will eat your face off.

Anyways, I main Samus, and Metroid is probably my favorite Nintendo franchise aside from Pokemon (they probably tie). Sonic is probably my favorite franchise in Brawl overall, but only his old games. Past Heroes it's been awful.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I never liked Star Fox that much, but Wolf looks cool and he's such a great character.

Also, Lucario is my secondary... i liek teh pogeymanz?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Fox (Star Fox): I love the Star Fox series.
*completely a furry*

Pit (Kid Icarus): After playing the first few minutes of the original on the Virtual Console... Ugh. Hated it. :/

Meta Knight (Kirby): I've played nearly every Kirby game that has come out after 2000.

Mmm, only Kid Icarus I don't like. Poor angel.
you don't start enjoying kid icarus until you get past the first fortress, just fyi.

anyway, i love zelda, pokemon, and metroid... ice climbers is ok, fire emblem is ok... so no, not really.

one of my mains are lucas. I don't like rpgs or any single player game except for platformers and the mgs series for some reason. probably cuz it's so like a movie.
that's funny, because pokemon, mother, and fire emblem are all rpgs, and you main characters from all of them :p. personally, rpgs are my favorite genre.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I main Lucas, although I have never played any games in the earthbound/mother series.
So I don't know if I like or hate it. :laugh:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I like the Sonic series, although I can admit that they haven't come out with a great game on consoles in a hot minute. (Sonic Rush series is awesome though.)

I've played only one FE game, and it didn't even have Marth in it.

I like the Mario series, whether Luigi makes the cut or not.

I stopped playing Pokemon after the 2nd generation, so me playing Lucario is a bit of a surprise, but he reminds me of the way Samus played in Melee to some extent. (without the missile spam, of course)

And I like Kirby games. I'm just disgusted that some of MK's move aren't really his. (like the Shuttle Loop. It's a wing-power attack from Kirby Super Star.)

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678

read the title, please.

it's not "come here if you main a character whose series you don't like", which you are implying from your post.

it's "Do You Main Someone Who Has a Series You Don't Like?", which is yes OR no question. so, obviously, it's quite acceptable to answer that with a "no".

you see, there's this thing called "reading comprehension" you might do well to work a little more on.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
And I like Kirby games. I'm just disgusted that some of MK's move aren't really his. (like the Shuttle Loop. It's a wing-power attack from Kirby Super Star.)
Haha, I was actually really glad that the Tornado ability got in at first. When I first played Kirby (after Melee came out, before Brawl came out) and used the Tornado ability I really wanted it to make its way into Brawl in some way. And it did.
Unfortunately, it's not as godly as the Tornado ability truly is...

FLAMEFLAMEFLAMESWEARFLAMESWEARFLAME
Why have you not been banned y--oh wait.

This describes 90% of your posts on this forum. Honest to god, you flame and swear at EVERYONE. You don't seem to be capable of doing something without it.
Not to mention that you're not even RIGHT.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
I've enjoyed the Mario series very much. But the games seem to be getting a bit worse with each new one that comes out...

Thirskk

Smash Rookie
i hate the game because there is no game where WOLF is the main character!!
they need to make one!!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
i hate the game because there is no game where WOLF is the main character!!
they need to make one!!
Well, it's not called Star Wolf after all.

And think about this for a second. What happened with Sonic? Everyone loved Shadow and wanted him to have his own game. Then everyone finally got that game and it was awful. The Sonic series hasn't been the same since.

Do you really want to doom Star Fox?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I've never played FE, so I don't know...(Marth, not Ike.) Starfox is okay, and the Kirby franchise is awesome.

There isn't really a franchise that I don't like in Brawl that I've tried..except 3D Sonic games, of course. But I don't think those are considered games, moreso abominations. I don't really use Sonic anyway.

Oh yeah, Warioware. OVERRATED.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Never was the biggest fan of LoZ,but I have Sheik as my mains.

Edit:Oh God,how could I forgot Warioware.

bobson

Smash Lord
Just be glad you don't main any Mother characters.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
And the Mach Tornado.

Anyway, I secondary Ike, and I despise the FE series (But mostly because of Marth XD)

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I hate Earthbound, but Ness is my fourth character. I've also never been that big a fan of Fire Emblem even if I own two of the games.

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
I usually main a character from a series I like, the exception being IC and ROB. It's not that I don't like their games, I just don't think they should have been in the game.

Keoki

Smash Cadet
i main zamus but i never really played that much of the metroid games (part of mp 1 and part of mp:h on ds) but i guess they are pretty cool games. just so, so much BACKTRACKING!! :laugh:

awlccl123

Smash Apprentice
I main Lucas but have never played Earthbound. Do you think I should?
Do it now!

Well too F***ing bad!

@ topic: i'm not much of a big zelda fan anymore, but i main Toon Link.

I <3 MOTHER

I like the game ice climber too.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I main Lucario and I liked Pokemon when I was younger, not as much anymore. I haven't played a game of Pokemon that actually has Lucario in it. And I second ROB, so not really a fan of his games considering I haven't played them.

My favorite series represented in the game are probably Donkey Kong (Love the DKCs), Zelda, Mario, and Star Fox.

Edit: and in Melee I mained Capt. Falcon. I have never been a fan of F-Zero. I mean, they are fine and all, just haven't really played them.

Top Bottom