• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like the coin shooter?

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Its such a pain to sit on OVERNINETHOUSAND coins and have to shoot them all in this boring minigame to get new trophies. And finally after i got myself to play it and get 99 trophies i got 10 duplicates and 2 new trophies. hate it

Dime

Smash Journeyman
I think it is a lot of fun. There is not much else to do with coins other then continues. I don’t care much for the betting on spectator matches.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
I wish you could shoot faster on it. I've been sitting on 9999 coinds since the end of the first day I got the game and I've never dipped below 9000 from shooting them, even if I play it for ages.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
I didnt like it at first, but it starts to grow on you ....I just went it didnt take so long to get trophys...i miss just droping coins into a machine and getting them that way.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I enjoy playing it. Too bad new trophies didn't show up more often... it's kind-of a pain to shoot OVER NINE THOUSAND coins and only get about 10 new trophies (along with hundreds of duplicates).

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I like it. But it doesn't seem as much fun as gambling. Normally I don't like gambling with slots, but that machine in Melee was...addictive man.

Iraku

Smash Cadet
It's more interactive than the lottery, but I wish there were instructions for it so that I knew what I was doing the first time through. Also, I hate how there is times where it's actually impossible to hit the trophy because of all sorts of stuff in front of it to shoot, or how I've actually seen two of the same trophy at once. It's fun to do if I have nothing better to do at least.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
After playing it for 10+ hours all in the pursuit of one last trophy, I never want to see the coin launcher again.

I still can't find Cubone!

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
I think its a enjoyable diversion. I definitely like it a lot more than the machine in Melee.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I've spent more time playing Coin Launcher than I'd like to admit, but I know that I've seen one or two trophies there that I don't have - that I missed getting - so I keep going back at least once per play session for about 15 minutes in the hopes that they come back.

Compared to the Lottery system in Melee, this is a LOT more fun and a much better use of the coins collected.

~Old Man Nintendo

Trozz

Smash Ace
It's too slow paced. There needs to be a higher risk/reward. Right now, it's about as fun as grocery shopping... for someone else... and they won't be cooking for you.

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
I love the whole idea, just new trophies should have a higher chance of appearing. I only need like 2 more and they never appear. I mean, come on, how rare can 'Wedding Peach' be?

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
It is the most boring thing Nintendo's put in front of us since Donkey Konga.

Skoox

Smash Cadet
I don't like playing the mini-games to get my trophies, I prefer just mindlessly hitting the button in Melee while I watched TV.

Uncle Fitzy

Smash Journeyman
Its such a pain to sit on OVERNINETHOUSAND coins and have to shoot them all in this boring minigame to get new trophies. And finally after i got myself to play it and get 99 trophies i got 10 duplicates and 2 new trophies. hate it
OVER 9000! I agree... it was fun for about an hour but gets way too repetitive... I think they should have offered a lottery as an alternative if you are lazy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I got my Bowser Jr. Trophy from it, and seeing how I love Bowser Jr., I love the coin launcher!

peinoftherain

Smash Rookie
It was amusing for awhile, but when I got all the trophies from it......it got boring.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Meh, I actually like it. The only thing is, what are those unbreakable balls with the slots on the side? I've tried to shoot coins into the slots, but its near impossible.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I played for a really long time and get tons of time.

I did that a few times actually. It's pretty fun but it's just plain annoying when you only have one or two new trophies to get from there (I'm pretty sure I only need a few more right now)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Really, the concept is good, but it should have been more robust. There should have been:
-An entry fee of 1000 coins
-A life bar
-More intense battles with the enemies
-More enemies

It gets kind of bland, sometimes I really want the lottery back!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In the Lottery, your odds of getting a new trophy increased if you deposited more coins.

However, the Coin Launcher focuses on more intense luck since it gets even harder to get new trophies as your collection grows (you're more likely to get duplicates of the trophies you already own).

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
There should have been some mechanic to increase the odds of getting trophies you did not have, like the lottery did in Melee. As it stands, I have no real incentive to play the coin launcher because I have almost every trophy in the game and playing the coin launcher for hours for a minimal chance of getting one new trophy is not worth it. If I could sacrifice coins to increase the odds of getting new trophies, that'd be great. It'd still take shooting them, mind you, but the implementation of that concept from Melee would be great. Even if it were something as silly as using 500 coins to increase the odds of new trophies appearing, it'd be worth it.

As it is now, I'd rather just romp through SSE on Intense.

Top Bottom