• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like the coin shooter?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
it's better than the lottery and it the best use i can think of for coins outside of a shop to buy different **** eg alt costumes and other stuff but thats not in the game so all ya can do.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Well I wouldn't say I HATE it, but they could of made a few additions to it to make it less bland, like power-ups that would make it easier for you to play. Some possiblities would have been:

Super Mushroom: Enlarges coins temporarily, making them powerful enough to plow through normal targets and blow up those ultra-annoying indestrucable metal ball things.

Green Shell: Bounces around the playing field for a little while, increasing its speed when it ricochets off a target or trophy. As it goes without bumping into something (besides the wall), it slows down and becomes less powerful. Lasts about 10 seconds.

Timer: Makes it easier to hit your target by slowing down time for a little bit.

Smart Bomb: (9 times out of ten it) explodes when it hits a wall, target, or trophy, engulfing anything that falls into it. Best saved until "Blast Away!" time.

Star Rod: Turns coins into stars that can travel over gaps and move a bit faster. Good for 16 uses.

Cracker Launcher: Fires fireworks containing 4 of your coins each. Upon exploding, the coins spread out in all directions. Fireworks can not reach the back wall of the playing area and the cracker launcher can be user 10 times (remember, 4x the cost).

Fire Flower: Shoot a torrent of flames by holding the item button. It doesn't have a good range, but it is a good defense mechanism against incoming missles.

Super Scope: Hold the item button to charge a blast and release it to fire a powerful high-speed energy projectile straight forward. The longer you charge it, the faster it will move (only fully-charged moves will bounce off walls). Good for 3 fully-charged shots.

Inhale: Okay, so it's not really an item, but you basically suck in a target and shoot it outat high speed. If you get a trophy with it, it's added to your collection. Does not work on missles and only one thing can be inhaled.

Starman: Makes you invincble so that you don't lose coins from missles and speeds up coin launches, allowing you to rapid fire. Lasts about 15 seconds.

Smash Ball: Before you can get the smash ball in CL, you need to hit it with 10 coins (unlike the others, which only require one coin to get). Once you use it, a roulette wil spin determining what character will appear and perform their finale smash for you. They are:
Mario Finale: Fire two giant, growing twin fireballs that take up about 4/7 of the playing field, walloping anything in its way.
Super Sonic: Control Sonic as he flies around, damaging anything he hits.
Negative Zone: Creates a large bubble of... something in the middle of the playing field, which slows down anything but your projectiles drastically.
Giga Bowser: Giga Bowser lands on the playing field, walking around it aimlessly while jumping over gaps. If you hit him with coins, they'll bounce right off and he'll ignore them. if anything comes close to him, he'll attack it mercilessly and with great speed. He'll stay for about 15 seconds.
Zero Laser: Fire a huge laser that devasts whatever touches it. It is far fore narrow than the Mario Finale, but it lingers longer.
Galaxia Darkness: A very high risk, high reward final smash. Metaknight swoops down and flings his cape. If it hits a target or trophy, every on-screen target and trophy will be cleared out. This goes without saying you will gain the trophies cleared out by this move, as with any other final smash. If he misses, however, nothing happens.
Landmaster: Control the landmaster on the playing field for a little bit, but it's a bit difficult to control. Press up to move forward, down to back up, left and right to rotate, A to fire projectiles, B to roll over, and X/Y to hover. You can't shoot while hovering, but you will move faster and won't fall into pits (getting "K.O.ed" in CL will end the final smash). lasts about 15 seconds.
Waddle Dee Army: Make a bunch of waddle dees, waddle doos, and maybe some gordo appear, which will collide with the tragets and trophies, causing damage (no duh).

AJ-Lo

Smash Cadet
Really, the concept is good, but it should have been more robust. There should have been:
-An entry fee of 1000 coins
-A life bar
-More intense battles with the enemies
-More enemies

It gets kind of bland, sometimes I really want the lottery back!
I like that idea. Personally, I find it to be a bit slow, and I agree with Rhubarbo completely

Magnacor

Smash Ace
The Coin Launcher was really fun when I only had 30 trophies, but now that I have over three hundred, I'm lucky to get one or two new ones out of the 99 that I get and even then I usually end up missing them. Now I would prefer to use the old machine and just dump my coins in there to boost my odds.

Top Bottom