• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you have any other hobbies than just Smash?

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
yeah. i play the piano, violin, am a programmer on a robotics team, secretary of STEM club, and i draw.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
am a programmer on a robotics team,
FRC? I can only hope you don't have to wait until week 5 to test your code on the robot like we had to last year...

Last edited:

Dividee

Smash Cadet
NNID
fast2fast
Well I run varsity cross country for my college, and manage the soccer club there. As far as video games go, I was a part of the national team USA for both Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 (2014). Still play Mario Kart competitively occasionally but smash is becoming more of a priority now :p

D

Deleted member

exercise/fitness. gotta stay in shape. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Obviously, outside of Smash I enjoy video games. I'm also an artist and an independent game developer in my spare time (trying to make this a living). I've also come to enjoy makeup as a hobby.

NightmareViperSlash

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonGamer1996
3DS FC
4441-9480-1382
I record video for my YouTube channel, I play other games (the games I am currently hopping around to play are Dota 2, SORA, 100% Orange Juice, Blade & Soul, Donkey Kong Country 2, and random Super Mario World Hacks.), I watch random anime or cartoons, and learning a third language (russian).

D

Deleted member

Obviously, outside of Smash I enjoy video games. I'm also an artist and an independent game developer in my spare time (trying to make this a living). I've also come to enjoy makeup as a hobby.
indie dev sick! what games?

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Smash is my number one hobby of course, but I do enjoy other game series.

Pokémon, Sonic, Super Mario, Street Fighter, Halo, Injustice, F-Zero, Kirby, etc.
Other than Video games, I like hanging out with friends, SmashBoards, sports, (Basketball, Soccer, Football) collect stuff, play boards games, and sleep.

:006:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
indie dev sick! what games?
My website contains work I've done. I'll PM you a link since you're interested.

The biggest thing I ever did was a Flash game I released to Newgrounds.com that managed to get a lot of recognition within that space. I want to make some Steam releases in the future.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I don't have that many hobbies because my schedule doesn't allow for much. I like hanging out with friends, do crazy things with them, laugh at legit ******** stuff with them...
I honestly feel like I'm nothing without my friends, sometimes.
But other games I enjoy besides Smash are mostly Garry's Mod, or arcade/arcade-like games like Touhou, Crazy Taxi and rail shooters.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Since I'm a gamer, playing games are my main hobby. I also like building things.

When I'm not doing either, I am at college trying to earn my degree in radio communications. I even have my own radio show that runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
- I run the video game club at my Cegep (equivalent to college here but much better), so yep, enough said xD Other than smash I enjoy racing games a lot, and Skyrim, pokemon, and stuff.

- I like Biking, climbing and I love go-kart too.

- I like history, mostly clothes. I don't really cosplay, since I don't like much anything related to japanese culture, but I do wear some kind of historical-fantasy thing clothes. (???) Here's an image, it's better than a description lol: http://i.imgur.com/VdTRdrx.jpg

CaptainFalcon89

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaptainFalcon89
3DS FC
2981-8075-4802
I was a racing driver for 10 years, now a days I work out at the gym and I do like the odd anime and other gaming series like MGS, Sonic and F-Zero, the very latter was where my competitive gaming journey began.

Brash Candihoot

Smash Cadet
Piano - 12 years self taught
Guitar - 4 years on and off self taught

I love taking apart, re-purposing, and repairing old vintage electronics (have recently started repairing and modding higher end synths and audio equipment for trade and $$$). Been thinking about getting into props and maybe even learning stagehand and tech for lighting shows and special effects.

I am really into collecting older videogames, it helps that there is a TON of money to be made off them. Buying, Selling, Trading is always an extension of collecting it seems.

Last edited:

ArkBahamut

Smash Rookie
other than video games? card games are another hobby of mine. i mostly play Pokemon but i play some Yu-Gi-Oh and a little Weiss Schwarz. and i guess Beyblade is my only other hobby. yet i cant really say that because i dont have anyone to Beyblade with. i got some japanese imports coming in eventually though.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Aside from videogames and using social media? No, I don't really have any. Technology's got all I need, and more.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I really enjoy level design, and have created lots of levels for classic Doom. I've also written lots of poetry over the years since 2006, and occasionally I like to play around with video editing. I used to play drums a lot around 2009/2010, I miss doing that. I only have an electric one now that was left at my dad's place in California. I love going for bike rides and exploring places at times. I'm also very much into music and gaming (of course).

I'd Negæte That

Smash Cadet
I play Magic: The Gathering. A lot. Exclusively EDH (Commander for the uninitiated). 5 Color Superfriends and Geist of Saint Traft are my "mains" if you will. The Multiverse (aka Dominia) of MTG is an incredibly enticing theme in the lore of MTG for me, as well as planeswalkers and the color pie. They even have their own "Battlefield" world (Kylem, from Battlebond), and maybe, just maybe, I hope they'll make an actual video game RPG/Adventure of sorts using MTG IP.
I also play Halo. A lot. I would be beyond excited if Master Chief showed up in Smash sometime in the future, extra credit if they bring in Reach and ODST soundtracks as well. Halo has got me really interested in sci-fi videogames (especially nowadays with the Starlink/StarFox crossover), and the lore is incredibly well written in excellent novels should people be interested.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I don't know if Smash is one of my hobbies, I'm more of a general gamer, and even then it's mostly retro games... though Smash is definitely the most important series to me.

I guess my other hobbies would include caring for my leopard gecko and fire belly toads. I also breed mealworms and dubia roaches for their food source... not going well at the moment since the roaches died out... Mealworms are always super productive though.

I also draw, my avatar is my own work, but I really don't draw often aside from some sketching. I don't have a very good work space for digital art at the moment.

Oh yeah, and my friends try to get together once a week for D&D. Everyone seems to be doing that these days, I resisted it for so long because it felt like the last threshold you need to cross to be the lowest form of nerd, but now I know I was just holding onto some misplaced pride, and it's just a good bonding exercise with my friends... at least we're not Larping.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I’ve been playing golf for about two years and I have interests in computer science and physics. I also used to play the piano but dropped it, so hopefully I can return before I regret it.

Last edited:

PlushyFenn

Smash Rookie
I had D&D but that was when I had and needed friends. All I need now is a cozy couch, a tv, a controller, a nintendo console that has been making a weird noise for a while now, a few chips, a cup of cocoa, a gun, a suicide note and a partridge in a pear tree.

I desperately need friends.

Trambo

Smash Cadet
I enjoy fitness when im not playing smash as I used to compete in power lifting but due to an injury those days are done for a bit.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings Me Listen to Music, Watch TV, Exercise with music, Play with Animals from time to time and Chatting about everything and do something new like invent something and etc. Oh Playing Videogames beside Smash And Eating Something pretty Good.

Last edited:

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Outside of the gaming side of things, my hobbies involve horse riding, art, studying anatomy/biology, writing/roleplaying/scriptwriting and uhhhh building skeletons.

Last edited:

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Listening to music, exercising, watching anime, trying new places to eat, going to concerts, going to conventions, paintballing, going to the beach, paddle boarding, and more. I want to get into cosplay, but just a personally preference I want to get into hella good shape. I’m struggling especially with the mental aspect and diet. At times i can contain myself and others were I can’t stop eating nor feeling hungry. I usually do yoga, stretching, strength, and cardio. I do about 6 and half minutes of blanking. 1 minute ten second on hands, 40 seconds on elbow, 40 seconds each with one leg up and elbow right and left leg each, side planks where you hold you body sideways and use your forearm to keep yourself up, 40 second each side, then 40 on hands and 1 and half minute on elbow plank to finish it. I sometimes have a hard time moving or even exercise. But I try my best, but not seeing results.

D

Deleted member

I love the Crash Bandicoot and Metroid games alongside the comic book media and Godzilla movies.

I also like to explore places that i don't visit often or haven't travelled to yet.

FruitLoop

Smash Apprentice
FRC? I can only hope you don't have to wait until week 5 to test your code on the robot like we had to last year...
Ooh, another First Robotics Competition member? I remember last year when I did the FRC with my crew and went to the hotel in a 4 hour car ride, my carpool group had an issue with a tire which caused it to fall off and spazz out the car almost making us fall down into some rocks nearby a beach while almost getting hit by multiple cars. We ended up safe and sound, but it was one hell of a story to tell.

I'm also a guy that's interested in STEM, most notably the fields of computer science. I was initially the guy that helped with the prototyping and CAD of the robot on the robotics team since last year I took an engineering course, but since i've delved more into Computer Science, I can probably help work more on getting the bot to run properly.

KickleCubiclist

Smash Apprentice
On the gaming side, I’m a huge fan of Sonic and Mario games, as well as shooters such as Splatoon.
Outside of gaming, I play percussion and play baseball. I suck at both, but it’s something!

Rosecross

Smash Rookie
I'm a software developmer and work on my own stuff as a hobby.

I also do doll photography.

And watch anime.

I used to be into playing guitar and bass years ago but have lost all interest in that.

Last edited:

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Absolutely not. I only play Super Smash Bros. and if I'm not doing that, I huddle in the corner and do nothing but think about the outcome of every single match possible, all while envisioning every single little teeny-tiny detail absolutely perfectly, down to every last attack, shield/dodge, advanced technique, and I even envision the very hitboxes... all the way down to the last nanosecond. And then, when it finally comes time to compete against my next big opponent, I can apply all of my years of experience, of daydreaming, knowledge, tournament wins and losses alike... It makes my bones tingle just thinking about it: The clash of not just two different players, not just their playstyles or their skills, but their very ideologies, their pride, and even their lives... all of these things are put on the line in a life-or-death match, where our hands work faster than the speed of sound, and the clacking of our control sticks resound in an echoing mass that could make even the trumpeters of doomsday cover their ears...

Yes, I feel it now! The blood pumping, rising to insane temperatures, not even three seconds into the match!
The adrenaline rush that makes you want to laugh like a madman at every small jab you take!
The gears in your brain turning and turning, faster and faster and FASTER, almost as if they're about to fall off from the sheer heat of the moment, as you must devise the most clever tactics, mindgames and mixups, all while trying as hard as you POSSIBLY CAN to make sure you don't unwittingly fall into some devious trap set by your opponent... Conditioning your opponent to fall into your trap, overthinking each and every little move they make, taking extra caution but also maintaining the ultimate balance of precision and aggressive play, exchanging blow after blow with your foe, shaking all over, sweating more and more AND MORE AND MORE!!!

IT'S ENOUGH TO MAKE ME EXPLODE JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!!!

What the hell am I doing, wasting all of this precious time on this post, when what I really should be doing is practicing... training my mind, my body, my spirit, my soul?! I must hasten to the charts and the graph paper to cultivate my latest ideas for my next match of the century IMMEDIATELY!!! I cannot allow myself to waste any more time, lest my soul wither away as my longing heart bursts from the pure agony of my distant dream being prolonged any further!

I SHALL REACH FOR THE STARS AND RISE ABOVE MY AMBITION... NO MATTER THE COST!!!

Just kidding, I also really love watching anime, playing and collecting all kinds of other video games, writing, listening to music, reading manga, drawing, going outside/running, and making/sharing memes on Discord.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Reading is really the only consistent hobby I have other than gaming. Everything else has sort of fallen by the wayside over time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hobbies mainly depend on whether I feel like doing it. Playing other games, spending time online, watching toku, game shows and anime, reading books (mainly comics), earning achievements on RetroAchievements.

Apart from that, I hold a job at one of the major libraries in one of our fused town areas, I place returned books.

Last edited:
Top Bottom