• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you get mad when...........

bobcat_29

Smash Rookie
Someone Steals your power with Kirby? I notice that someone goes after me when I take a power. My enemy wont stop till I let go of it of more so if I die. I also think its funny when someone goes through so much trouble to get a power then they accidentally taunt.
Tell us what you think.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
No. Because the only characters I play now are Kirby and Peach. So there's nothing that can be gained by eating Kirby, and if they eat Peach they get a worse Toad and can't kirbycide me anymore.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Well, as awesome as the Palcon Funch is and as useful as Pika jolt or nado could be, my char's version baets theirs anyway. So nyah.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
When i'm using MK, it's no problem because the range of the Kirby's Tornado is smaller than the MK one, but with DDD the range of the swallow increases, then is better be aware of this outstage.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
No because I play as peach .. they get a smaller toad and they cant Kirby-Cide me because of my small second jump anymore....

I actually LOVE IT ;)

MikuMiku~

Smash Cadet
:] I actually prefer them to swallow me, xDD It's always nice to see if they can use the characters neutral B correctly. =P and the no more Kirbyscide is a great bonus!

Denzi

Smash Master
Kirby with Falco's lasers = too good (as long as the Kirby knows what they're doing). And besides, Falco can easily be gimped by Kirby without Inhale/Kirbycide :(

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Nope, I find it to be kinda fun, especially when Kirby inhales you and then you both starting using nothing but Neutral B. It's halarious XD

wasalater

Smash Rookie
i usualy do not steal powers but i have a friend who mains lucario and gets way pissed when i steal his. so i go out of my way to. and lucario's is not half bad to steal.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Can Kirby's Sheild breaker (marth's neutral B) have the same forward momentum recovery effect as marth's?

Only ever steal powers that are worth it. A.K.A.:
Space Animals
D3
Samus
DK
Diddy
Lucario
Mario
Luigi
Boozer
Snake
Charizard
Ivysaur
Jiggs
Cpt. Falcon (For surprise Fthrow to Paunch)
MK?
Peach?

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
Hm... when I'm playing Kirby, I think that taking the ability adds more to the game and helps reduce the staleness of other moves. Also, considering Kirby's lack of projectiles, I think the power is useful to hurt the opponent from afar, not only as inhale's spit out ability, but the obtaining of powers like grenades, arrows, blasters, beams, or even the tornado (not a projectile, just a great tool for damage). It's gives Kirby a cuter versatility (lol Snake Kirby ducks after his grenades) and takes the opponent off guard.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Can Kirby's Sheild breaker (marth's neutral B) have the same forward momentum recovery effect as marth's?
Yes, but only if you do it before doing a second jump. Afterwards, it has no momentum. I find it kind of useless myself.

I've never played a Diddy, or as Diddy. Is his Peanut Gun really worth stealing though?
It seems extremely lame. O_o

Personally, I like it. It can annoy the crap out of Diddy if you're offstage (up high) and just spam peanuts before coming in towards the stage. Also, a charged peanut can act like a normal projectile and provide a little hitstun. All around not the best projectile, but I find it pretty useful, especially since Kirby has jack**** in the ways of projectiles, and something is better than nothing.

On topic, while only ROB (Edit: And Pikachu!) seems to REALLY hate when I take his power, back in my 64 days when my friends and I would do 4 way 99 life FFAs, we would have trademark wars, and the moment I took their 'trademark', I became a prime target.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
I only swallow Snake or Lucario. But yeah. Sometimes I taunt by mistake, and that blows. <(T-T)>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I actually take powers now more than ever. Not only does it allow for cool and unique options (and anti-spam sometimes) and projectiles, but it will also keep the opponent guessing. Example: I might swallow once, then spit the same character the next time and watch them Dair in the wrong place, then punish. Heck, sometimes I even swallow then taunt ASAP to get rid of it, just to keep them guessing.

Still, some characters, like Pikachu, I always swallow.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I take powers that I understand their usefullness.
and of characters attemping kirbycide is near pointless...imo

Snake
MK
Lucario(not cause of kirbycide)
D3
ROB
Pikachu
Pit
Olimar(sometimes)
Sheik
Ivysaur(sometimes)
Samus
Sonic
Jiggs
Captain Falcon(yea you know why)

Everyone else I'll probally just edgegaurd without it or kibycide <3

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
It seems like I'm the only one that thinks this but I tend to steal Ike's neutral B solely because of the fact that it makes it really easy to mix it up, and the super armor can be helpful. It just makes Kirby's air game that more deadly.

I only mention Ike because he's the only one that I steal that didn't seem to get mentioned.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I prefer leaving my neutral B open for Ike, if only because A) I can't time SAs to save my life, and B) Spitting Ike under the stage ***** him completely.

Top Bottom