• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you care if your Pokemon is Male/Female?

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I usually don't care, i'm one of those people to have 3 males and 3 females on my team so as long as it's balanced. But even if that doesn't happen, I could care less. I tend to give them personality that way, for instance a male Gardevoir seems amazing to me.

Actually, the more masculine a pokemon, the more likely i'd want a female one. There's something about a tomboy pokemon that intrigues me. I have a female Bisharp named Bronx who I adore.

If there was such thing as a female Braviary I would have twenty of them. No kidding.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Once in a while I'll have my heart set on a male or female, pretty much for reasons already listed. Like wanting to name it after one of my pets or something.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
I prefer my pokemon to be female, because screw not caring. c:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
depends on if i have a cool nickname or not. for instance:

Male Octillery -> Squidward
Female Donphan -> Gaia
Male Noctowl -> Mr. Owl

you get the idea :p

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Oh god... Male Chanseys.
Don't exist.

I really don't give a **** about gender unless I'm playing G/S/C, where males have the better IVs. If I'm playing a simulator for a more current game I'll balance it out evenly/slightly in favor towards females, just to make sure I don't get taken out by Attract.

Lit

Smash Ace
Gender isnt really that serious as long as the poke as good ivs than your good

mood4food77

Smash Hero
breeding issues come to mind

also, why doesn't chikorita have the opposite male/female ratio, that thing should totally be female

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
Eh, I don't care, really, unless it's certain Pokémon like Male Lopunny or female Conkeldurr. >.>

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
I don't care about the the gender of my Pokémon. Unless I'm breeding Pokémon, that's the only time I care about genders in Pokémon.

Sitien maker

Smash Cadet
Well i never look the pokemon gender in battles,only for breeding,I used to have an all female team,but now i have only a female Unfezant(They looks better as females,stupid masks...)and 4 male pokemons(Zekrom/Reshiram is genderless).Also i don't care about Attract,I can use Zekrom that is genderless,and no one of my pokemons use attract anymore(I gave the TM Attract to my sister,that cares about pokemon gender and cuteness,she tends to capture only female pokemons or wants that i capture to her only cute and female pokemon,Petilis are good examples.)
P.S.:I play pokemon White if no one noticed...

ZYPHR

Smash Cadet
it's REALLY annoying if you have something like a male luvdisc of a female machoke, so it matters to me alot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I use a mixture of males and females, sometimes depending on if they have different sprites I pick the one that looks better. I also don't like using males with feminine looking pokemon or females with masculine looking pokemon.

I have picked genders also based on name ideas I had for them. Ex: My female Hippo was named Opera, because the battle wasn't over until the fat lady sang

Nanorell

Smash Rookie
I dont mind having a mixed gender team or a team full of males or females. but one thing that does tick me off is having a boyish looking pokemon being a female and a girlish looking pokemon being male. a good example of this is a female conkeldurr and a male audino . it just dosent seem right to me <:/

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
My entire White team except for Star the Victini is male, including the retired Liepard Sylvester Level 34. I usually do not care about genders, but here I do prefer males anyway.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i personally prefer female pokemon haha, and i try to name all my pokemon after friends i know.

Top Bottom