• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you believe Marth is coming back?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
He will return. But only because he was top tier (Not because of his popularity because he was only known in Japan before Melee).

Once he's nerfed though, people will play as him less.

BELIEVE IT ! <Naruto'd>
Please don't say crap like that, mainly the last part.
Dattebayo is NOT "Believe it!", stop watching the dub and watch it subbed, or even better read the manga.
Being top tier has nothing to do with this, what matters is that he is the only FE lord with 3 games, the first game's main character, and he's getting a new game this year. He also had an anime, but that doesn't really matters.

=Fiercedeity=

Smash Cadet
Now I can't say Ike isn't a cool character or better then marth but I can say he looks more like a roy replacement and I think Marth has more of a chance of coming back to brawl then roy(but this is not about roy)Marth has a good chance of returning and hope he does him and Falco are my favorite along with jiggs lol.(and falco thats another story..lol)

Marty

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Marth return, and I think they could use this opportunity to make him a really interesting character.

You know that space RIGHT in front of Marth in which his standing A will miss you if you're short enough? I say, increase that dead zone significantly (maybe have it so that the further to the edge of the dead zone you go, it does more damage and knockback, but have this be negligible) - perhaps increasing the lag on the end of Fair but not too much else, and you'd have something really interesting.

Marth would have to work to keep you at that ideal distance, and if someone got in on you - Like, next to you, you'd be in trouble. He'd still be an absolute jerk if the momentum is in his favour, but once the tide swings the other way, he'd panic. He'd also require good spacing for your attacks not to miss flat out.

~ Marty - http://superzaibatsu.com

Timekeeper

Smash Cadet
Ness is the only Mother rep to have his game released in America though, which is why he was chosen.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Marth in Brawl? I would certainly hope not. Marth was too powerful at the beginner and intermediate level of Melee. Way too much reach and required little skill to cover the screen in sword strikes.

Ike is enough.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I would guess so maybe as a secret character again. I say he does have a good chance of returning since many people liked using Marth in Melee and also he is having a remake that is coming the DS this year.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I seriously dont want him to be back..

He will be though :p

Meh, I'll kick his arse with Ike, Sonic or Pokemon Trainer anyway!(I wish >.>)

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
I hope Marth doesnt come back ike is alot cooler that him and ike also doesnt wear a tiara like marth the confused swordsmen, who doesnt know if he's the prince or princess.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I hope Marth doesnt come back ike is alot cooler that him and ike also doesnt wear a tiara like marth the confused swordsmen, who doesnt know if he's the prince or princess.
...And when your sister dies, you tell me you wouldn't be wearing a memento.

Marth and Ike aren't comparable, btw. Two different playstyles, if you haven't noticed.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Marth is the most iconic Fire Emblem character. He stars in two games-Ike only stars in one and a half. He's the most popular Fire Emblem character, the Fire Emblem icon IS STILL HIS SWORD, and Fire Emblem 11 stars Marth. He's the past, starting block, and future of Fire Emblem. HE WILL BE IN BRAWL!

And for those n00bs who think Ike means anything, shut up. Meta Knight plays a lot like Kirby in Melee (though, insteaad of sucking he's good), and is considered a clone by the best of the best E for All goers. In other words, Meta Knight is a semi-clone! And Roy, Marth, and Ike are more diffrent from each other then King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Kirby are or ever will be, because they are a lot more original. And I've played their games, so I know. Therefore, I win by default, and you can't say s*** that you don't know what you are talking about like "Roy CAN ONLY BE A MARTH CLONE! HE CAN'T HAVE A ORIGINAL MOVESET!" OMFG! By that logic, Bowser is too big for Brawl, lol! Seriously people, he's a shoe-in, and is in the game already. Ike is way diffrent, and Ike sucks anyways. Marth is the fastest swordsmen in Melee (and 2nd in Brawl), and easily will return.

LOL @ people saying someone won't return because they are clones=RETARTED! Tell that to Luigi and Ganondorf, b****es! Honestly, Roy, Pichu, Ness, and Dr. Mario might not be in because they haven't played a roll in a game in a long time. Sheik didn't either (Sheik hasn't been in a game since 10 years ago), so Roy isn't that farfetched. IF SAkurai can stick his neck out for that abomination of a character that should have never been in Melee, then he can stick his neck out for Roy possibly. And he doesn't need to stick his neck out for Marth, because Marth IS IN BRAWL! IT IS ALL BUT CONFIRMED!

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Marth returning or not, you guys need to get your head out of the gutter on Nintendo/Sakurai's line of thought when it comes to the FE representing roster:

WE

DO

NOT

NEED

ANOTHER

BLUE-HAIRED SWORDSMAN

Ike in Brawl had me thinking Marth was endangered if Nintendo was going to have basically all original characters. If they are indeed going with this way, I can see them bring back Marth with a completely new moveset to make him completely different from Ike and/or bring in another FE Lord like Micaiah from RD(Ugh...)or Ephraim from FE 8, a blue-haired LANCE user.

Really, what's with the blue hair?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Please don't say crap like that, mainly the last part.
Dattebayo is NOT "Believe it!", stop watching the dub and watch it subbed, or even better read the manga.
Being top tier has nothing to do with this, what matters is that he is the only FE lord with 3 games, the first game's main character, and he's getting a new game this year. He also had an anime, but that doesn't really matters.
I don't even watch that show or read the magna. I just said it for the lulz.

Besides, even if Marth does return, if he's nerfed, fewer people will play as him. It happened to Kirby and Ness, what would make you think people will accept Marth's 'I'm probably not gonna be top tier anymore'-ness.

0_Zero_0

Smash Cadet
He might return along with the others, but then again maybe they wanna make the game more new. A lot more new characters... but if they do bring him back, he better come with Ganon and Falco lol.

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
i thought they said they took away some of the characters from melee but theirs ones that deserved to be let go more than marth, IMO he'll come back but he'll be nerfed. still will be good though

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
Marth will return, it dosen't make sense for such a popular franchise to only have 1 rep, especially considering Marth and Ike would play TOTALLY diffrently.

JusDBerube

Smash Cadet
I think he'll return for two reasons.

1. I don't think a moveset will be destroyed.

2. The Fire Emblem Remake for DS that has Marth. (Good way to advertise the new game by keeping Marth)

There is no reason to not bring a moveset back and Marth was a pretty popular character from Melee. A lot of people played him without even playing his or any Fire Emblem game. Also I'm sure Marth is much more popular in Japan. With the remake coming out can you think of a better way to get the rest of the world interested in it?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Marth returning or not, you guys need to get your head out of the gutter on Nintendo/Sakurai's line of thought when it comes to the FE representing roster:

WE

DO

NOT

NEED

ANOTHER

BLUE-HAIRED SWORDSMAN

Ike in Brawl had me thinking Marth was endangered if Nintendo was going to have basically all original characters. If they are indeed going with this way, I can see them bring back Marth with a completely new moveset to make him completely different from Ike and/or bring in another FE Lord like Micaiah from RD(Ugh...)or Ephraim from FE 8, a blue-haired LANCE user.

Really, what's with the blue hair?
Right...because having the same hair color is a great reason to keep a character out. Mario and Luigi both wear plumbers outfits and caps. One of them needs to go. Meta Knight and Ike both have swords. One of them should be cut. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are both monkeys. Why include both? Zelda and Peach are both princesses. One of them needs to get cut. Pikachu and Jigglypuff are both Pokemon. Why include both?

Although Brawl really needs a lance user because lances are the ****. I'd love to **** people up with a Dragoon.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I just know he's going to return but i hope it's in his DS appearance. I really like that design :)

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I was having a discussion with a friend, and he brought up a point that I think is worth bringing up here.

If you were designing this game to include Marth, and were then told by a higher-up at Nintendo to include ANOTHER blue-haired swordsman, in Ike, to advertise the new game, what would you do? It would be stupid to make them similar, as they already have similar appearances. So what would you do?

Design Ike to be the opposite of Marth. Make him heavy, slow, and extremely powerful.

Weren't there people saying that Ike's moveset didn't really match his character? Perhaps this would explain it, and also hint that Marth is in the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If Sheik can come back, Marth can come back. Thats all I'm going to say.

J.A.Jenk

Smash Cadet
1. Marth is likely to come back because his sword is the symbol for Fire Emblem. (F-Zero and Captain Falcon)
2. IF hair was such a big deal, they could just change it.

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are both monkeys. .
LOL DK's a gorilla :laugh:

I'm not too sure if Marth will return. I don't think Roy will on account of he was supposed to be a strong slow character (and we all know that is'nt the case), but it seems Ike got that down perfectly.

We'll just have to wait.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Marth is better then Ike, anyways. Marth's SNES game is amazing btw, and he's amazing in it. And c'mon-disprove the icon. And when someone mentions look again, remind them of this:

1. Luigi and Mario look more alike! BROWN AND BLACK HAIR! zOMG! LUIGI DECONFIRMED!
2. Mario, Dr. Mario. Nuff' said, n00bs.
3. Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, and Wario. Super FAIL!

O, and explain why the Fire Emblem icon is still his sword (and it's not even the official Fire Emblem icon, lol)=??? Exactly...he's in the game, so stop whinning. He'll be better balanced! :)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I don't think Tiers have anything to do with people returning. Chances are Sheik was nerfed just like Fox was. Hopefully they can find a good balance this time.

But I do think Marth is coming back. He has a lot going for him and not a whole lot going against him.

One of the most popular Fire Emblem Lords
Star of first fire emblem
along with Ike one of the only 2 FE lords to appear in 2 games
Remake of his game is coming out in 2008 on Nintendo DS

so the only thing that was going against him was really time, he was pretty old and Japanese only. But now his game is coming out again making him timely and it will probably come out in America thus increasing his popularity internationally. Which was already good for a FE lord who was Japan only outside of melee.

spindash

Smash Ace
The real question is, do you believe Marth is not coming back. Because it is kind of silly to even speculate if he will return or not.

Marth has a 100% chance of returning to Brawl. With his own legendary blade as the icon representing Fire Emblem, and the fact he's an icon of his franchise, there is no denying his chances in this game.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Marth is better then Ike, anyways. Marth's SNES game is amazing btw, and he's amazing in it. And c'mon-disprove the icon. And when someone mentions look again, remind them of this:

1. Luigi and Mario look more alike! BROWN AND BLACK HAIR! zOMG! LUIGI DECONFIRMED!
2. Mario, Dr. Mario. Nuff' said, n00bs.
3. Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, and Wario. Super FAIL!

O, and explain why the Fire Emblem icon is still his sword (and it's not even the official Fire Emblem icon, lol)=??? Exactly...he's in the game, so stop whinning. He'll be better balanced! :)
How is Marth better than Ike? Isn't Ike a really good lord as far as his stats go (in both of his games)

Heck my Ike got to the point where he could have soloed some levels if he had wanted too.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Marth's game is amazing. It's the first real RTS game, and it's easily still one of the best RTS' of all-time. And for the better comment-meah, I'm tired! :laugh: Fire Emblem 3 and 7 ftw! (still need to borrow my friend's FE8 and beat it) :grin: Seriously, play those games=they are amazing.

Top Bottom