• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do people think they're good when they play nothing but Little Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I don't get it. I've just been stomping on all of them with King Dedede.

It's making me not wanna play online though, good lord.
A lot of scrubs seem to like Little Mac, which is odd because Little Mac really seems like a "no mistake" type of character. Scrubs clearly make tons of mistakes, although it's not to say that pros don't make mistakes as well. Many Melee pros preferred Falco because he was almost as strong as Fox and could still make mistakes on occasion while still winning.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
That could be said about anyone. Lot of people who are/claim to be high tier pro players literally only play one character (tournament-type guy i knew when i first joined the air force 7 years ago never used anything but Marth in melee...literally...was comical when i started to counter him since he had no alternative players)

Little Mac may be a no mistake character but theres far more games where you just hit A and win with him than you lose by dashing off the edge like Fox of the old days ^.^

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I've been rotating about 5 characters in For Glory, and Little Mac is one of them. He's just so much fun! I feel like it's really fun to play against Mac too, since 1 mistake can cost you a stock. I can typically beat up on most Mac's I come across, but I'm not complaining about the number of Mac's at this point

MetaGiduo

Smash Rookie
NNID
MetaGiduo
3DS FC
4957-4328-5953
Im little mac main and let me tell you this,I was super hyped for him but when i went into my first online I got wrecked like almost no % was on my enemy. So i told myself **** this.... I put my ass to work and 300+ games later with only mac my for glory win ratge is 61%. I can take the time to learn other people but mac is my bread and butter!!!!

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I think Little Mac is like Master Yi in League of Legends. It's easy for lower level players to beat other low level players with Little Mac. He's fast, and powerful. I doubt most people on For Glory know to punish him off stage.

Last edited:

MetaGiduo

Smash Rookie
NNID
MetaGiduo
3DS FC
4957-4328-5953
I think Little Mac is like Master Yi in League of Legends. It's easy for lower level players to beat other low level players with Little Mac. He's fast, and powerful. I doubt most people on For Glory know to punish him off stage.
This is very true, if you know his weaknesses in this case he has **** air recovery then your golden. Nothing make me more mad when someone camp at the edge. (I still wreck them though!) Some people in 1v1 know on impulse you see a little mac stay at the side others dont!

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
You apparently haven't fought a good Little Mac yet. Some of my favorite online matches so far have been Mac dittos. He is definitely a character that takes some practice and strategy though.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Thankfully I main Pac-Man, so I can just lay a trampoline which forces to them jump and proceed to stomp all the bad Mac players. :b:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I main Ganondorf,Samus, and fanservice big butt Samus so everytime a scrub mac comes along they get bodied,

Its boring how online has little variety, if i got a doller for every mac i see...

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
It's been very annoying fighting so many Little Macs. Half of the players i've seen always SD off the edge with his over-b.

Not that I should be complaining though, all i've been doing is playing Bowser and I rarely switch.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
To be fair, not everyone who plays Little Mac does so "because they think he's so gud."

There are people who play him because they like him as a character, or his playstyle suits them. Both this and the OPs statement can be said about any character.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Little Mac isn't that great, but online in lag he wins. /shrug

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He's not really that bad when I play Lucario or Peach.

Anyone else and I keep trying to figure out how they can work around him.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I don't think I've lost to a Little Mac on wifi yet...

He's not a bad character, but people don't realize that if they rush me down with the same dash attack every time, I'll learn in a moment or two and punish them for it.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Little Mac is only so good in For Glory is because every stage is Mac's best stage, Final Destination. If there was an option for Battlefield (or any other stage for that matter), Mac would be absolute trash.

PuzzlePrism

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperMudkip
3DS FC
0301-9791-4897
Whenever I face someone who just plays Little Mac I go Duck Hunt and just throw the can at him over and over again until he's off stage. I had this one guy who played Lucario for all of our 20 matches. I got tired of trying to beat him with Ness so I just went Villager and chopped trees on top of him until he quit.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i've bodied so many little mac scrubs in dittos because they don't know mind games lol.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Mac dittos are probably my favorite matchup. When I see someone playing Mac, I'll switch over for funsies.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Little Mac is only so good in For Glory is because every stage is Mac's best stage, Final Destination. If there was an option for Battlefield (or any other stage for that matter), Mac would be absolute trash.
That's a damn shame, because he's not really that amazing in For Glory, either. Just get him off the ledge and use your tools to keep him there. His horrid recovery game is, in actuality, that bad. He's like...B-tier in my eyes.

But yea, Mac is a scrub's character, but the difference is that this isn't Yi in LoL or Mega Kanga in Pokemon. We can be VERY proactive about shutting down Lil Mac. I could say the same for Lucina. Spamming counters all day will get you NOTHING in my group! :4yoshi: :4greninja: :4mario:

Whenever I face someone who just plays Little Mac I go Duck Hunt and just throw the can at him over and over again until he's off stage. I had this one guy who played Lucario for all of our 20 matches. I got tired of trying to beat him with Ness so I just went Villager and chopped trees on top of him until he quit.
People get hit by the FALLING tree? I mean, the rising tree is one thing...but the falling tree?

Last edited:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
If I'm going against someone in FG and they go Mac for more than 2 games I switch to Dedede. It's really, really free if they go anywhere near the edge. DThrow, FAir, Gordo, dead every time.

Chocobo Link

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4253-3960-6377
When I first started 1v1 matches, there were at least five Mac players before I saw a different character and only one of them seemed to know what they were doing

And today I've only come across one Mac player and I 2-0'd him easy, so in my eyes, he's mostly used by scrubs. He's definitely deadly if used by a good player

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
nobody* but Little Mac.

There's ways around Little Mac. Unfortunately I've lost to terrible players, too :( I blame accidents with the circle pad. Some people get lucky, man.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I went against this dude in For Glory that did literally nothing but dash attack as lil mac. Easy win but sheesh.

Bagel Spanker

Smash Rookie
Little Mac is really good in matches with high latency as far as I can tell. That's probably one reason why he is so popular on wifi.

ChampKing

Smash Cadet
Ironic and quite stupid that Mac from Punch Out a game where you have to be careful and play intelligently has a bunch of bad players picking him and giving the character a bad name. He works the same in Smash to be honest. Can't wait to see him in the hands of a good player especially in the Wii U Version where you can more easily dashdance.
Seriously thoough Mac scrubs are annoying.

PuzzlePrism

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperMudkip
3DS FC
0301-9791-4897
People get hit by the FALLING tree? I mean, the rising tree is one thing...but the falling tree?
He got hit by both. More often the rising tree, but sometimes he would get impatient and charge towards me.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I haven't played much online, but all my matches have been decent. One guy did use Little Mac a lot, but he was not bad imo. That KO punch is pretty stressful when you've only got 2 lives and there's a bit of lag, which might explain why newbies like to use him. Kind of like how a lot beginners liked Roy in Melee and Ike in Brawl just because of their powerful attacks.

LULZ180

Smash Rookie
I don't mind it all that much, really. As a Lucina main, that matchup is extremely fun, since both characters perfectly counter each other (Lucina with great combos and counters, and Little Mac with his high speed and power).

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've only played a few online matches (the lag is awful... I don't think it's me since I have pretty good internet but it could be I guess. I wish I could just freaking hardwire the 3DS. I hate wifi) but I've noticed mostly Greninja and Dark Pit

Fauxhebro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fauxhebro
3DS FC
0318-7230-5120
I find myself facing a lot of Little Macs but ive found out that i can counter almost every attack with a counter ( for example Marths down B) this has led to many victories against Little Mac ( at least for me).

Morbi

Scavenger
To address the question of the thread: I myself play only Little Mac and I do believe that I am good. Yes. If you do not want to play online because you keep losing to Little Mac, I apologize on behalf of all Little Mac players.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Everyone in this thread seems to think all that Mac is capable of is dash attacking, or that they can win just by waiting at the ledge. I solo main Mac, and I can't wait to start myth-busting lol

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Strangely, tonight I only fought one, some guy counterpicked Little Mac after getting 2-stocked by my Yoshi. I still won.

Perhaps all of our Little Mac stomping efforts have convinced the scrubs that he sucks?
(This is not a statement about the overall viability of the character, rather the notion that picking Little Mac is an "easy win").

Last edited:

Tojiro2

Smash Rookie
I find Little Macs annoying, since im still new to the competitive smash and even competitive gaming in general im still learning a bit, and getting hit by a mac even at 20% can near knock you off which i find too strong. I see a lot of them and my only complaint is that even though none of the ones ive fought are "good" one mistake on my part can lead to a death. (i lost to a few on first day of release but havent lost to any since then)

XxBlazingSpeedxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XBlazingSpeedX
In all honestly facing Little Mac is really easy because of how pathetic his edge game is. Once he's off the ledge even at an extremely low percent and hit him with anything else he's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom