• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do people think they're good when they play nothing but Little Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Alright, anyone in here want to play a good mac? Don't judge a character just because you see a bunch of noobs trying (and failng) to use him.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
I find myself facing a lot of Little Macs but ive found out that i can counter almost every attack with a counter ( for example Marths down B) this has led to many victories against Little Mac ( at least for me).
Counter countering attacks confirmed

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I'm actually scared now that Little Mac is gonna get this bad rep of being a character only a scrub uses. No. Its seriously not like that.

Yeah there are a lot of people who play him incorrectly and he can get punished easily. However in the right hands, he is an absolute terror. He can dodge projectiles with side b (my personal favorite) and his dash isn't bad either. I was able to get back on stage from magnifying glass sooooo

Also he's my secondary main (at least until I find someone better) so nobody could say that I'm spamming him when I only use him 40% of the time

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Mac might be common due to him being a new addition to the roster and having mechanics that differ from the usual. People wanna test the new stuff. But I don't see a flood of Macs in FG.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I come across many, and I mean MANY scrubs, that play as little mac. I body them as jiggs really often. They usually have a very hard time to counter Jigglypuff.

SupermanNKO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4570-8405-1628
I been rotating between bowser jr and wii fit trainer and I've had zero issues when I play as wii fit trainer and play against lil macs

Qbopper

Smash Rookie
I like ZSS, LM and WFT - most people online play Little Mac so poorly it's hilarious.

One LM actually beat me one game- I switched to ZSS and comboed him to 70% as soon as the game started.

He SD'd both his stocks.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Scrubs like to use Little Mac, and it's sad to see. In the right hands, Little Mac is an absolute terror on the battlefield, that's why Bwett is my idol when it comes to playing Little Mac. This guy knows what he's doing when using the boxer:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I think the reason new players like Mac is because he's a bit simpler than other characters on a basic level - you don't have to know much about his air game since the general strategy is just "don't jump". If you get knocked into the air you can just mash air dodge and counter and hope it works out.

Of course, to use him well, there are definitely times where you do need to know his aerial options, but you can probably reach basic competence with him faster than any other character.

redreflect

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-2415-2514
Scrubs like to use Little Mac, and it's sad to see. In the right hands, Little Mac is an absolute terror on the battlefield, that's why Bwett is my idol when it comes to playing Little Mac. This guy knows what he's doing when using the boxer:

Whew, that was rough! I lose all the time to Mac, I just can't seem to compete. The For Glory matches seem to go like this: Mac and I duke it out for a bit with him taking out one of my stocks. Then I come back and he uses the KO Punch special to take out the second one for the game win.

PS - imma scrub

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I've been two-stocking Little Macs as Peach. I guess the matchup throws them off?

D

Deleted member

A Marth tipper basically gets a stock off little mac more often then not, that air game is not good. And I really want to face a good mac online, i run into a lot who make mistakes, like SD on second stock.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I've been two-stocking Little Macs as Peach. I guess the matchup throws them off?
Lol at the notion that scrubs have matchup knowledge. I don't think most of them even get the concept that the opponent's character might change the way you have to play.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Lol at the notion that scrubs have matchup knowledge. I don't think most of them even get the concept that the opponent's character might change the way you have to play.
Honestly, I didn't feel that the Little Macs I fought were awful. They seemed pretty decent. Little Mac's poor air game didn't allow them to do much against my edgeguarding though. That and I could outspace and counter most of their ground attacks by approaching with Peach's floating Dair right above their heads.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I don't get it. I've just been stomping on all of them with King Dedede.

It's making me not wanna play online though, good lord.
What makes you think that you are any good?

-

Is there not a match-making system? If so, some of you internet badasses should be able to get out of your supposed "scrub Little Mac" division. Sounds to me like some people may actually be just mad at losing to Little Mac.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Honestly, I didn't feel that the Little Macs I fought were awful. They seemed pretty decent. Little Mac's poor air game didn't allow them to do much against my edgeguarding though. That and I could outspace and counter most of their ground attacks by approaching with Peach's floating Dair right above their heads.
No doubt there are some good Little Mac players out there, but there's definitely a lot of bandwagoners too. A good way to tell the difference is based on whether or not they show any adaptation during the match.

Last edited:

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
I don't understand how a strong, fast character with a lot of super armor frames being popular is such an outrage. Of course he appeals to a lot of players, especially newer ones.
Bad Mac players are countered pretty easily, if you see yourself losing a lot to Mac you either need to a) practice the matchup more or b) deal with the fact that they are more skilled than you are.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
For Glory is flooded with :4littlemac:s. I've only fought a few that were half decent.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Patient Little Mac players are such a pain to deal with. Everyone else who plays Mac usually just SDs with side B.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Once again, step right up if you truly think he's a simple character that's easily countered. It seems people have come to the general consensus that Mac is easy to deal with just because they beat a lot of people that don't know how to use them. The very name of this thread is offensive. Do people that only play Marth think they're good? How about Ness? Or Literally any other character on the game? Don't get mad if you consistently get beat, just adapt.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Once again, step right up if you truly think he's a simple character that's easily countered.
I was saying that he's simple to play at a basic level. I suspect he'll actually be quite nuanced to play well since he has such extreme weaknesses in certain parts of his moveset, you'll have to make smart use of his tools to compensate for that.

I should probably add my FC to my Smashboards account when I get home. I would be willing to play a good Little Mac, since I'm apparently going to have to play a billion of them I should probably learn the matchup.

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
TBH I think he's just a fun character for some. Many people liked the Punch Out series so there's character loyalty. I really haven't run into that many Little Macs and when I do I don't feel like they're cocky or anything.

But this one time a Little Mac starting spamming crouch so I did with him and we had a great time.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I was saying that he's simple to play at a basic level. I suspect he'll actually be quite nuanced to play well since he has such extreme weaknesses in certain parts of his moveset, you'll have to make smart use of his tools to compensate for that.

I should probably add my FC to my Smashboards account when I get home. I would be willing to play a good Little Mac, since I'm apparently going to have to play a billion of them I should probably learn the matchup.
Well if you ever wanted practice with the match up, I'd be willing to help out. The faster these lame Macs get crushed and abandon the character for someone else, the better lol

MetaGiduo

Smash Rookie
NNID
MetaGiduo
3DS FC
4957-4328-5953
That's a damn shame, because he's not really that amazing in For Glory, either. Just get him off the ledge and use your tools to keep him there. His horrid recovery game is, in actuality, that bad. He's like...B-tier in my eyes.

But yea, Mac is a scrub's character, but the difference is that this isn't Yi in LoL or Mega Kanga in Pokemon. We can be VERY proactive about shutting down Lil Mac. I could say the same for Lucina. Spamming counters all day will get you NOTHING in my group! :4yoshi: :4greninja: :4mario:

People get hit by the FALLING tree? I mean, the rising tree is one thing...but the falling tree?
You wanna 1v1 my lil mac lol

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think any decent little mac would have stuffed their fist up Peach's ass if she approached with dair.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I think any decent little mac would have stuffed their fist up Peach's *** if she approached with dair.
Is that graphic imagery necessary?

I probably didn't exactly mean "approach." I probably meant more of punishing his upcoming ground attack with Dair more than anything.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Is that graphic imagery necessary?

I probably didn't exactly mean "approach." I probably meant more of punishing his upcoming ground attack with Dair more than anything.
But the ground attack would obviously be an up smash...

...well it IS For Glory mode.

Last edited:

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
"noobs" "scrubs" "lol wat do dey no?"

ITT: People whining about character choices other players use in a video game because they don't like it.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
In all honestly facing Little Mac is really easy because of how pathetic his edge game is. Once he's off the ledge even at an extremely low percent and hit him with anything else he's dead.
A lot of people have a problem with getting him off of the edge in the first place though. I main Little Mac and I'm not a scrub, many of these scrub Macs don't understand the concept of not getting hit. I've been doing FG with Mac and a big key is avoiding attacks with rolls and occasionally perfectly timed side-b's, then counter-attacking. I can survive 100+%'s with Mac while still having the opponent at the same (or higher) damage. Of course, like all players and characters, I do get my bad battles and match-ups where I slip up. Mac doesn't have much room for error because of how much he gets screwed by getting knocked even a little bit off of the stage.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
A lot of people have a problem with getting him off of the edge in the first place though. I main Little Mac and I'm not a scrub, many of these scrub Macs don't understand the concept of not getting hit. I've been doing FG with Mac and a big key is avoiding attacks with rolls and occasionally perfectly timed side-b's, then counter-attacking. I can survive 100+%'s with Mac while still having the opponent at the same (or higher) damage. Of course, like all players and characters, I do get my bad battles and match-ups where I slip up. Mac doesn't have much room for error because of how much he gets screwed by getting knocked even a little bit off of the stage.
This concept is what actually makes the guy balanced. He's a high risk, high reward character. If you know the match-up, you should be able to play it, and with his lack of projectiles, it's surprisingly fair. If not, you're gonna get rolled.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I wanted to play Mac from the moment he was revealed. I was super scrub the first couple days. Dash attach spam. Side b off stage. Just terrible. Now I'm understanding him more and playing waay better. But....now people are saying he's cheap and OP. He's my main but in my opinion he won't be that great when taking him away from FD.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I wanted to play Mac from the moment he was revealed. I was super scrub the first couple days. Dash attach spam. Side b off stage. Just terrible. Now I'm understanding him more and playing waay better. But....now people are saying he's cheap and OP. He's my main but in my opinion he won't be that great when taking him away from FD.
I also wanted play Mac a short time after he was revealed when I first saw his trailer, because I really liked his style. Not necessarily his playstyle, just his style. And he wears green. I didn't think he would be cheap then, and I don't think he is now.

Unfortunately there's a lot of dislike towards Mac players because he seems to be the go-to character for scrubs who never get better. Since I started playing him I've gotten much better but I had planned on mastering Mac from the moment I decided I wanted to main him (months before release) anyway.

So, as I said in my other post in this thread: I play almost nothing but Little Mac, and yes, I think I'm good. And frankly, I think a lot of the other people who main Little Mac because they liked him before the game was released and before there was all of these scrubs using him and not understanding his playstyle, are good.

...Anyways, on a different topic, is he countered by Dedede?

jviscake

Smash Rookie
ITT: People complaining about losing to a bad character.

Seriously, Little Mac can have good games where it's not just dash-dash-dash lol just play the game and figure it out instead of bashing a character for their simplicity.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im kinda sickened by the amount of hate my most wanted character for this series is getting. And now it seems like anyone who mains him is getting lumped in with those who dont know how to use him, its just sad. I sure hope this dies out quickly, because id like to be able to choose him and enjoy playing as his without this double standard against him. Its like snake all over again *sigh*

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Im kinda sickened by the amount of hate my most wanted character for this series is getting. And now it seems like anyone who mains him is getting lumped in with those who dont know how to use him, its just sad. I sure hope this dies out quickly, because id like to be able to choose him and enjoy playing as his without this double standard against him. Its like snake all over again *sigh*
To be fair, Snake was pretty stupid in Brawl. His abilities coupled with his hit-boxes were downright...I don't even know. I'm glad we don't have issues reminiscent to THAT in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom