• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do expert Lucario players use Double Team?

Gymn

Smash Cadet
-_- I guess saying something like that in a place where people read up on how to become better at something and improve their skill upon a game isn't the best place to preach... hmm....<_< >_>
That thread is actually useful for players with the inability to win. It gives an insight to the game and how to improve yourself.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
DT is predictable, but so are a lot of things. The most obvious thing to do is to be UN-predictable to maximize your success rate.

The guide that I mentioned could also be used to make the game more fun because it can help you get into a positive mindset for the match and thus, you will perform better.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
DT is only predictable when you constantly try to use it. I generally wont use it until later on in a match since they wont be expecting it as much once they've established my general style.

Come to think of it I think I just reworded everything Zero said =S

Timbers

check me out
Unless his reflexes are on an abnormally high level, he will get hurt.
From DT's active frames starting, to the hitbox coming, it's almost 2 seconds. If you can't put a shield up in that amount of time, you probably shouldn't be playing smash.
Obtaining flawless control of your character will only get you so far. Understanding what to do with your moveset in an infinite number of different scenarios against every other character on every stage is something that will never be mastered so easily.
I agree.
-_- I guess saying something like that in a place where people read up on how to become better at something and improve their skill upon a game isn't the best place to preach... hmm....<_< >_>
Of course practice is going to benefit you. But knowing what to practice is how you get better. Doing the same thing over and over is limiting yourself. Be diverse. Know what works and what doesn't.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
I'm just saying that repetitive play can only get you so far. There are some things that most people will never "pick up on" if they just play the game over and over. Some things have to be told to them.
Yeesh, I'm not even caught up on my own thread yet. I guess I'll jump in here.

I kinda disagree with this, because if it were true you would basically be saying that if I had an eternity to play Brawl, I would never find any new techs, glitches, or other hidden goodies about the game. Unless you are quite literally using the same pattern over and over without any deviations, you are bound to find something eventually. Many things have been found on their own, simply by mistake.

For example, do you know Snake's ability to make grenades magically drop out of the air if he sheild-drops with a grenade already in his hand? I discovered that trick on accident, not by checking it online or watching someone else do it. (obviously I probably wasn't the first one to find this out, but it was the first time I've ever seen it).

In an attempt to get back on topic, double-team rox.

Milln

Smash Champion
From DT's active frames starting, to the hitbox coming, it's almost 2 seconds. If you can't put a shield up in that amount of time, you probably shouldn't be playing smash.
Really? O,o When someone strikes you with an attack it's 2 seconds? That doesn't feel like 2 seconds at all. =o

Milln

Smash Champion
From starting DT, to you hitting them, is almost 2 seconds ._.

Not between countering their attack and hitting them.
But that's not what matters and leads to misinterpretation. THe only time frame that matters is the time between Double Team TRIGGERS and the time that it strikes them (through Reverse or regular) if they were directly in front of you. That way we can consider possible attacks we may be hit with and gauge whether or not they can shield or airdodge in time and whether it would be effective to double team or not.

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
i dont like using double team alot because if you miss with it , it leaves you wide open.

but it could come helpful against some fast people (marth,metaking, fox)

51if3r

Smash Rookie
double team is very powerfull but it is easily blocked by pros. i have not found any practical uses for it yet

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
trying to DT marth is a really bad idea, one mistake and you'll get a Tipper right in the face... and die.

Top Bottom