• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

@ DNA Gaming USA, Saturday Nov, 21, 09! (first tournament)

Walts

Smash Rookie
DNA Gaming Usa - 22 Front Street - Worcester,ma.01614
774-317-8586 –

AIB link provided by bloodcross ty! : http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8008

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Date: Saturday November 21st, 2009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Doors Open at 9 – 10 AM , be sure to come as soon as you can.
- Friendlies all around till enough players show up for singles/doubles.
- Widescreen tvs and setups will be available, but for your best interest it is recommended to bring your own setups and we can use more!
- Venue Fee will be 5$ for brawl all day at DNA games USA.
*Initial rules can be subjected to change in future*

Singles: 10$ per person! (Sign ups at 3 PM, starting 4 PM)

- All matches 3 stocks, and 8 minutes long.
- All items are off.
- All matches are 2/3 games.
- First stage of the game will be selected by stage strikes, games two, and three will be determined by the winner banning a stage and the loser then picks a following stage.
- Each player may select a stage to be banned from the counter pick list.
- You can get DQed if you are late to the match, or there is trouble with either of the players.
- Ties are handled by stocks and percent differentiation!
- No stalling allowed.
- First come first serve for port position!
- MK infinite cape glitch = banned!

Doubles: 5$ per person (two for a team, = 10$) (Sign ups at 11 AM, Starts at 12 PM)
- All necessary rules used above /\

Prize support:
- Depending on the amount of people (pot size corresponding from 1st to 3rd (60%,30%,10%)
- All prizes will be given in cash, or form of gift prizes from the store ( its up to the owner)

*If there are any questions, contact me by AIM ( PLarry012 ) or call the store number listed*

: DNA gaming USA is glad to announce that they will be starting there own brawl tournaments starting this month, and hoping to continue monthly if enough people attend and we feel it can conclude further. The store is located in the Worcester Mid-Town Mall, where there is plenty of food and entertainment for the customers.

The store is large and has tons of space to fit tvs and wiis, so we can proudly say that it will be in a nice, non-cramped environment. This is are first tournament so if the procedure seems alittle slow it is because we want to see how many people will tend to show up, but fear not! We will be committing the whole Saturday to brawl so don’t rush to come! And help this store begin to provide brawl to more of the MA community!

Note: we will be taking suggestions for our next tournament , and we will be asking to see if anyone wants to do anymore tournaments! ( D tier and under tournies! Etc. )

Neutrals:

Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination
Battlefield

Counter picks:

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Corneria
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

DNA Gaming Usa - 22 Front Street - Worcester,ma.01614
774-317-8586 –

Note: If anyone can fix the title, its in Worcestor MA!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
You CAN edit your own titles.
Also, you picked a really bad day for this. It's at the same day as a national in NY

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah a national melee tournament lol.

the NE brawl scene does not play melee for the most part.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i'll go to this most likely, how many people are you looking at so far? i can make an all is brawl for you to get more people

Walts

Smash Rookie
edited guys! And thanks all hype is necessary, I advertised this too soon I noticed, so I'm glad this actually got some responses!

Bloodcross: TY for the link, will be added, new to making threads for brawl in general so I will gladly keep myself updated.

NOTICE: WE WILL NEED TVs and Wiis of course, we have some already but the store owner and his sponser ordered large screen and wide inch tvs, so if you guys are all not into the lag, or think it will be a problem, bring as many accessible tvs as you can! It will be benificial to keep your stay happy, trust me =)

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Yes those TV's tend to lag at times. BRING TV'S PEOPLE

Another nitpick, Corneria is a banned stage. We can't have Corneria lol.

@Fatal: XBOX360 N00B

Yeah no random gift prizes. Prize distribution usually goes like this:

Prize pools (Singles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%*

If less than 16 teams sign up, the pot split will go 70/30/0.
I think 10% of the venue profits is contributed to the pot, correct me if I'm wrong (Fatal)

IcyLight

Smash Lord

Prize pools (Singles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%*

I think 10% of the venue profits is contributed to the pot, correct me if I'm wrong (Fatal)
there is no pot cut when there is a venue fee, it's either 1 or the other. pot cut is usually larger tournies, whereas venue fee is usually smaller tournies like all the NE ones

So Fatal

Smash Master

Prize pools (Singles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%*

not pot cut cause of venue but this is what bugs me
Prize support:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
- Depending on the amount of people (pot size corresponding from 1st to 3rd (60%,30%,10%)
- All prizes will be given in cash, or form of gift prizes from the store ( its up to the owner)

Walts

Smash Rookie
Alright, first things first, Fatal I can almost guarantee you that the prize will not become belittled to the store, but while talking to the store owner, he was unsure how he wanted to do prizes, I am currently right now showing him how brawl tournies should be done, the store is new and is generally a card store, but of course he is trying to expand, so for right now he is unsure, but there will be no doubt that people who understand how brawl works and have ran tournaments before (ex: me!) will be there advising! So I understand what the players want! (Because I've been one). So I'll try my best to get money prizes guaranteed! (But like I said, they most likely are! Unless theres some random occurance)

Icy Light: Hit the nail right on the head, as you can see I know how the pot deal works, and I have run the online BRAWL TO before, so the prize cuts shall be fine anyways.

Bloodcross: I have a special request to add corneria! MASS MADNESS had that stage for a tourney before and I wanna give that stage another chance! PLUS GREAT BGM!!

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Glad you're familiar with the scene :)

Meh, I'm just speaking officially that Corneria should be gone but I don't really care what you do about it. I personally think it would be a hilarious doubles stage hahaha. I'm sure Kevin/Bizkit will give a critique on it. I want to see his opinion lolol.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Snake is God at Corneria(utlit kills meta at 60). The prize should be a split of 60 30 10 out of the entry fees with no pot cuts cause of the 5$ venue fee

IcyLight

Smash Lord
just a warning corneria is so broken for olimar it's not even funny. good luck to everyone i bring there

to edit the title of the tournament, go to edit then click the Go Advanced button, and you can edit your title about the original post information

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I need to know what times you plan to start sign ups and doubles. I may come with Pelca just for doubles and am trying to figure out my schedule for saturday currently.

Walts

Smash Rookie
Doubles will be announced before singles, so when enough people show up, I will announce are first tournament, of course as above, you should come around 10 AM. To get started as quickly as we can.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
imo just say signups at 11 start at 12, so people can plan accordingly. they can always call the store if they will be late

Walts

Smash Rookie
edited: to be honest,I didnt think this would get as much hype as I thought, so I missed some key points, but yeah, sign ups have been posted, thanks guys for the reminder!

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
commuter rail stop i hope is close to this? i could make it in that case

IcyLight

Smash Lord
fatal im going to **** the **** out of you in melee with MARIO. and marth destroys mario. and i don't even main mario. get *****

Top Bottom